shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting identification

sonice

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me what setting this is? I was leaning toward the Brian Gavin Tapered Classic Half Round, but want to be sure.

Also, any guess on the stone size? I love that combination.

Thanks for your help!

_2280.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, considering that the stone is either extremely poorly cut (WOW, do I mean that) or not a diamond, and the shape and width of that shank, I'm gonna say it's not the BGD tapered round setting OR a BGD stone. I could be wrong, and if it IS a BGD setting then the tapered round is the closest to it and will give you that look with a big enough stone in it.

Is this close to what you want setting wise? Except maybe with the shank rounded more?
brandie1.jpg
brandie10.jpg

Here's the thread on that ring:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sleek-and-simple-solitaire-by-owd-mark-t.206524/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sleek-and-simple-solitaire-by-owd-mark-t.206524/[/URL]

Don't pay attention to the weight of that diamond it's an OEC and not a spready one. The dimensions are: 8.88 x 8.97 of that one. And Kristy Darling's fingers are TINY TINY TINY at 3.5. So that stone looks enormous on her.

Judging the size of a stone from pictures is very hard, unless you know the ring size of the person, and even then it's just a guess at best.

I suggest you go out to Tiffany to try on solitaires and decide what size looks right to you on YOUR HANDS cause that's what matters.

Unless you are the unfortunate boyfriend who has been given that as the picture of the the dream ring and you are left posting here asking for help because that's all you've got to go on, in which case.... what's her finger size? And we'll see about helping you find a stone in budget that is a good value.

sonice

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU, Gypsy! I think you're right - it looks more like those than the BGD tapered. This is for me, I wouldn't torture the BF like that :razz: I do prefer the straight lines rather than the somewhat flowy ones in the rings above. I also prefer a more rounded shank look like you mentioned. I'm second guessing my love for the BDG tapered now as I've always loved the look of the setting I posted. Uh oh!

I will do some more digging around to see if I can find that exact setting.

As far as stone size goes, we've looked quite a few times and like the look of a 1.7 and a 2 carat round. I am between a 6.5 and 7 (will end up going either 6.5 or 6.75) ring size and am thinking a stone around 8mm (give or take) would look nice. Our budget is $10k, though. I would never upgrade - I know DSS is real, but we're hoping to find a stone to be satisfied with for a lifetime.

I have some work to do looking through settings! I was so stuck on the BGD and hoping that was close to the one in the photos I posted.

sonice

Rough_Rock
I found these on BE's Instagram but I can't seem to find it on their website

_997.png

_998.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I really like that setting. It's beautiful.

Call them about it. There are a ton of settings they do that aren't on their site. Their site is pretty basic and only the cushions really seem to be updated on any type of regularity. There a 'real' store. Not online only. So it's best to call that.

sonice

Rough_Rock
I emailed them through their website yesterday morning. I never received a confirmation email or a reply, so maybe I'll call them today or Monday. Thank you, thank you, thank you for leading me in the right direction! I think I may like that setting more that the BDG tapered.

I'll let you know what I hear :) thanks again

sonice

Rough_Rock
Just an update so it doesn't look like BE left me hanging :) I've been emailing with Mark and he's fantastic! I'm so excited to have found this setting

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's goung to be lovely. Please update thread with pictures when you have them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results