shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for Octavia

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Outdoor pics! I have no idea how anyone takes pics of 3 stones at once, especially when they're different sizes. Did my best but mostly failed spectacularly

1ct Octavia and .5ct royal asscher outside pics

Holy moly these are gorgeous!

What a fun thing to look forward to!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! They will make an amazing ring!! Beautiful!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Haha well I'm not going with any of the options listed here. I realized that all of the sleek/industrial settings from Bruce boone that I have end up in my drawer after a few months of wear. I love them, but they end up feeling wider than I want. So that ruled out the sholdt style.

The other custom option felt a little busy, and like I was combining too many elements.

Also, my marriage is (very likely) ending, so I am now realizing that I want to make my own dream ring but make sure I can wear it on my right hand. So a normal solitaire doesnt feel right either.

My current thought takes inspiration from @joelly and combines different styles of square stones. But I need to wait for the side stones to arrive before I decide if itll work or not.

I also have decided I want seven fingers to make the ring. I forgot about him somehow, but I've been admiring his work since I joined PS, and he seems like the perfect choice for a meaningful ring.

Hope that update helps!!

Wow wow wow this is SO good!!!! You won’t regret the 3-stone idea. I promise. It will provide you with finger coverage and with these 3 gorgeous diamonds, it won’t be boring. Those facets are going to spew out colors from every directions.

I can’t wait to see the completed ring.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must’ve been out of town when you posted the three stones together! What a gorgeous suite/sweet of stones and I cannot wait to see what you do with them!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for checking in, everyone!

I'm still waiting to feel more "normal" about anything that feels like an e-ring given my divorce. I want to be happy about this project, so I'm planning to wait until I have that excited happy feeling before moving forward. I promise to update whenever I do anything!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you're teasing us.

Not on purpose haha. I dont have any drawings or anything yet. I sent him my stone and told him I want orchids in yellow gold, but tjay I trust his vision as an artist. Asked him to send a rough drawing before he starts, so we're waiting on that part now. But he is a lovely person and so beyond talented

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Not on purpose haha. I dont have any drawings or anything yet. I sent him my stone and told him I want orchids in yellow gold, but tjay I trust his vision as an artist. Asked him to send a rough drawing before he starts, so we're waiting on that part now. But he is a lovely person and so beyond talented

EEEEKKKKKKKKK! I am so excited for you- this will be beautiful! Im so happy that it will be a truly "you" and unique piece! Thanks for letting us share the journey of your Octavia =)2

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaah, I'm super excited for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it! How exciting!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to this!! :dance:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to give a quick update (WARNING: ITS NOT FINISHED haha).

Tom has my stone and we agreed on how it will be set. I really want to keep the corners open, so he came up w this design where the orchid petal holds the stone.

701195803(1).jpg

Similar in carving style to this finished ring, except the orchids will be closer to the stone to "hold" it.

IMG_3688.jpg

Itll be all in gold and I cant wait to see it. I cant recommend him highly enough.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks scrumptious!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to give a quick update (WARNING: ITS NOT FINISHED haha).

Tom has my stone and we agreed on how it will be set. I really want to keep the corners open, so he came up w this design where the orchid petal holds the stone.

701195803(1).jpg

Similar in carving style to this finished ring, except the orchids will be closer to the stone to "hold" it.

IMG_3688.jpg

Itll be all in gold and I cant wait to see it. I cant recommend him highly enough.

Wow, that’s gonna be Exquisite

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Can’t wait to see more! I’m curious - would you be willing to share where you found that inspiration photo? That ring is gorgeous!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can’t wait to see more! I’m curious - would you be willing to share where you found that inspiration photo? That ring is gorgeous!

It's one of Tom's. He sent it to me as a reference :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Moly!!! I adore that!! Wow! I cannot wait to see this! You must be beside yourself with anticipation! 8E7555BA-4570-424F-B757-B8408A85EF99.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI;

Um. GULP.

cheers--Sharon

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my. This is going to be something special. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results