carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for Octavia

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs
WOOHOO!! This is getting exciting! Yay :dance:

You know my vote- bold and simple! So out of your choices, I would go for a side semi bezel (#2). A big thing for me was being able to see the side view of the stone/pavilion as much as possible! Not only does the Octavia have a fantastic light show from the top of the stone, but also from the side! If the side view can be as left open as possible, that's my vote. I would personally not put a bezel on the top and bottom because it would cover the light show. But you need to love the ring and how it showcases your stone.

I absolutely adore the McClellan ring- it's amazing, but I knew myself well enough to know the style I needed. Be honest with yourself about what is really "you" and trust your gut. I know you like a variety of rings, and that makes it hard. Let it be what you love!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's wise to take your time with this. How often do you want to reset this Octavia?
Then again, I take so long it would have cobwebs.

Lol I agree. I want it to be perfect the first time (if possible)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha well I'm not going with any of the options listed here. I realized that all of the sleek/industrial settings from Bruce boone that I have end up in my drawer after a few months of wear. I love them, but they end up feeling wider than I want. So that ruled out the sholdt style.

The other custom option felt a little busy, and like I was combining too many elements.

Also, my marriage is (very likely) ending, so I am now realizing that I want to make my own dream ring but make sure I can wear it on my right hand. So a normal solitaire doesnt feel right either.

My current thought takes inspiration from @joelly and combines different styles of square stones. But I need to wait for the side stones to arrive before I decide if itll work or not.

I also have decided I want seven fingers to make the ring. I forgot about him somehow, but I've been admiring his work since I joined PS, and he seems like the perfect choice for a meaningful ring.

Hope that update helps!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs, I am very sorry to learn what you're going through. Whatever the context, it's a very painful experience. Please excuse us for being too boisterous.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs, I am very sorry to learn what you're going through. Whatever the context, it's a very painful experience. Please excuse us for being too boisterous.

No problem at all, honestly. I'm going to post a thread on hangouts to make sure we dont make this happy thread too serious. But I enjoy you all being excited:)

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs So sorry to hear… we’ll keep it fun and think about how awesome of a rhr this will be.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs I am so sorry and apologize for my impatience. I am super excited for you to have the perfect "you" RHR and yet know this must be a difficult time. You are in our thoughts and we are sending hugs your way! I hope things will work out in the best way possible!

Seven fingers will make you an awesome ring! Looking forward to hear how the side stones look once you receive them. I hope they are perfect!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Adding a picture for anyone else who has never heard of Seven Fingers Jewelers. This is going to be luscious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808-104201_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808-104201_Instagram.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 56

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs I am sorry for your relationship situation but excited for your project. Hang in there; I look forward to seeing your new ring!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update!!!! This might not be everyone's taste, and pardon the awful bathroom light pics, but I was too excited to wait!

Presenting: 1ct Octavia and .5ct royal asschers! I thought it would be cool to combine my 2 favorite specialty asscher cuts together, similar to @joelly combining peruzzi and octavia. I think the contrasting facet patterns are cool. The RAs are super contrasty, and the Octavia is more angular and bright. And even if I decide against a 3 stone once I talk to 7 fingers about a design, I'll use the .5ct RAs for earrings or something since I think they're lovely.

Edit: the weird extra darkness isnt actually present on the RAs IRL. But I couldn't quite get all 3 stones to sit at the same height between my fingers, and the RAs pick up more of the reflection from my cellphone. I'll try for daylight pics tomorrow :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RAs and an Octavia on one finger?
Oh be still my throbbing heart! :kiss2:

Now, where did I put those smelling salts?

37.png

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE this idea. Also please talk to us about metal choices, galleries, etc.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
omg exciting! Where did you get the 2 Royal Asscher's from??

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE this combo!!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
EEEEEKKKKKKKKKK! YES MA'AM!!! These are PERFECT! So excited for you and so excited that you are loving them! They are beautiful together!! Keep us posted!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They look amazing together and three stones with asschers aren't common, let alone one with an Octavia! Fabulous! :love:
* are you going to tilt, stagger, or are you going to go with a flush row?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look amazing together and three stones with asschers aren't common, let alone one with an Octavia! Fabulous! :love:
* are you going to tilt, stagger, or are you going to go with a flush row?

Good question! I think now that I have the stones I'm going to wait for life to calm down a bit and then contact seven fingers to see what he thinks. There are some specific design elements I love, but I want to leave the artistic stuff and detail aesthetics to him. I've admired his work for SO long and want to let him guide the process

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Good question! I think now that I have the stones I'm going to wait for life to calm down a bit and then contact seven fingers to see what he thinks. There are some specific design elements I love, but I want to leave the artistic stuff and detail aesthetics to him. I've admired his work for SO long and want to let him guide the process

Smart. I can't wait to see this come together. Ooh, am I excited for the journey. I greatly admire seven fingers' work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results