shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting help for my Welo Opal from Barry Bridgestock

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, get a black texta marker and “colour in” a circle on your finger underneath where the opal will sit.
Problem solved :appl:with

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Um, get a black texta marker and “colour in” a circle on your finger underneath where the opal will sit.
Problem solved :appl:with

Hahha. Or a tattoo even?

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, I finally got my Welo set. Yes, it's a similar setting to my other opal and cab stones. What can I say - my jeweller might be a bit of a "one trick pony", hahaha. This time it is a combination of bezel and prongs and set with Tsavorite Melee (@jeffdvs101 several years ago). It turned out much chunkier than I expected. It certainly is a statement ring. To address the translucency of the opal and taking onboard some of the suggestions above , we put a decorative back on the ring which has been oxidized. This gives the stone some depth and allows for cleaning. It is lovely, of course, in real life and pretty rubbish in my pictures. My photography skills haven't improved!

IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3424.JPG IMG_3425.JPG IMG_3426.JPG IMG_3427.JPG

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG It's gorgeous!!!!! My green loving heart is drooling!!!!!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG It's gorgeous!!!!! My green loving heart is drooling!!!!!

Aww - thank you. It is utterly overwhelming if I'm honest but the play of colour in real life gives it some relief from the St Patrick's Day vibe going on in the photos, hahah.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww - thank you. It is utterly overwhelming if I'm honest but the play of colour in real life gives it some relief from the St Patrick's Day vibe going on in the photos, hahah.

If you can do it, don't do it halfway! I think it is utterly fabulous and if I had the means I would go for this exact look! Freaking awesome!!!!!!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you can do it, don't do it halfway! I think it is utterly fabulous and if I had the means I would go for this exact look! Freaking awesome!!!!!!

True - I might have to go buy an emerald colour sweater as that colour is so on trend this year (well, at least in Dubai - might not be the case in the rest of the world hahah).

:mrgreen:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring came out absolutely stunning! I’m not a fan of prongs on ovals so I’m loving the bezel. I hope you’re happy with it! I love the color green and tsavorite is a favorite!!! Dibs if you ever sell it! :kiss2:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love opals and this is fabulous, utterly Russian royalty worthy. The decorative back was a great solution without closing off the back.

Thank you so much Peacechick! That is such a nice thing to say.

:wavey:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The ring came out absolutely stunning! I’m not a fan of prongs on ovals so I’m loving the bezel. I hope you’re happy with it! I love the color green and tsavorite is a favorite!!! Dibs if you ever sell it! :kiss2:

If my husband finds out how much I'm spending on my manic setting spree (before we leave Dubai), then he might just make me sell some of my pieces. I wouldn't try and do that from here though because the postal system is "challenging" and sending jewellery by Fedex is seriously, seriously challenging. Maybe when I get back to Australia - where shipping should be easier - I'll have a jewellery box clean out as I have amassed much more than I should have. Ooops.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @BlingObsession I AM FROM AUSTRALIA!!!!!

hehe this means it'll be easier for me to snap up one of your amazing haloed creations if you ever part with them! :dance:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Why did you say that? Why did you say St Patrick's Day? Now I can't unthink it!
Nevertheless, it's a fantastic ring. When you put the two together, I do like the diamond halo, but as a colored stone fiend I think the green halo is incredibly gorgeous. The underside is beautiful as well. I would wear it everywhere and with everything.:appl::love::$$):

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Why did you say that? Why did you say St Patrick's Day? Now I can't unthink it!
Nevertheless, it's a fantastic ring. When you put the two together, I do like the diamond halo, but as a colored stone fiend I think the green halo is incredibly gorgeous. The underside is beautiful as well. I would wear it everywhere and with everything.:appl::love::$$):

The Patrick's Day just popped in my head when I looked at it the first time (and no, I'm not Irish) and I can't think of it as anything else now either. My "St Paddy's Day ring" - only Pricescopers have rings for specific national holidays, right?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amaaaaaazing opal and setting! You have chosen a great setting for your stone. I love the rich look. It’s a stunning ring with all the detailing: the green stones, the warm metal, the underside detail... Just gorgeous

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I love the gallery and how the tsavs absolutely bring out the gorgeous color of the stone!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I finally got my Welo set. Yes, it's a similar setting to my other opal and cab stones. What can I say - my jeweller might be a bit of a "one trick pony", hahaha. This time it is a combination of bezel and prongs and set with Tsavorite Melee (@jeffdvs101 several years ago). It turned out much chunkier than I expected. It certainly is a statement ring. To address the translucency of the opal and taking onboard some of the suggestions above , we put a decorative back on the ring which has been oxidized. This gives the stone some depth and allows for cleaning. It is lovely, of course, in real life and pretty rubbish in my pictures. My photography skills haven't improved!

IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3424.JPG IMG_3425.JPG IMG_3426.JPG IMG_3427.JPG

Oh love it with the tsav mele!!!! Gorgeous!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great setting for that gorgeous opal! I love CS melee and those tsavs really work well with the colors in the opal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results