shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrfourpointo

Rough_Rock
I am going to buy my diamond from one of the PS vendors, but I have found a local B&M with a setting I like at a great price. They will guarantee the setting however they will not guarantee the stone, i.e. if it falls out. Questions:

Is this normal?
Wouldn''t it be their fault if the stone fell out due to a broken prong etc.?
Am I protected if they damage the stone while mounting it?
Does this all even matter if the ring is covered by our insuurance?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mr.fourpointo,
some of your questions may be answered here
2.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Yes, that is normal.

You should get your ring insured by your own policy to guard against anything happening. You can do this on your homeowners or renters insurance - or get a stand alone policy to cover the jewelery.

If you damage the stone, or the ring for that matter, I''m not sure it''s always the jewelers fault. I just did this myself. I was grocery shopping and broke my STONE. That was my fault.. of course, how would the jeweler be responsible for a car door and a grocery cart.

However - I was covered by my insurance policy and will be able to replace everything. So, I think what you are looking for is an insurance policy, not trying to get the jeweler to cover something that he didn''t sell you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results