shape
carat
color
clarity

setting for eternity ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billy

Rough_Rock
I'd like to have an eternity ring custom made and am interested in a setting with gold bars (claw setting?) between the diamonds. The jeweller discouraged me from doing this, as he says that its not a very secure setting and the stones will easily fall out. When I buy this setting he recommends the ring to be worn only occasionaly. I'm in doubt now whether to go ahead with the claw setting or take a 4 point setting. Any recommendations? Thanks very much.

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
Hi, do you not like a channel set? I think channel sets do not interrupt each stone...its nice, clean and classic looking. Its perfect for everyday cause the stones are set a little below the setting. Just a thought. Good luck in your search. :))

billy

Rough_Rock
No, channel setting is not what I'm looking for. Thanks for the advice though! Do you know anything about the bar/claw setting as mentionned in my previous message?

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
i have a diamond eternity band, each diamond has four prongs all the way around...they do catch on clothing...it bothers me, thats why i would prefer no prongs. (are prongs and claws the same thing?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results