shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Flaw...Should I try and get this fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock

So I just got my engagement ring from FI which I absolutely love...There is one thing that I notice that *bugs* me somewhat, and I don''t know why I didn''t notice it sooner (blinded by beautiful diamonds maybe

2.gif
)

Here''s a pic so you can see what I''m talking about as I''m not great at describing it...It appears to me that one side of the band is pinched together more than the other side (notice the left hand side compared to the right)...

Now I''ve only had the ring since the 9th...and I don''t think that simple, normal wear would be enough to bend 18K WG like that...maybe I''m wrong?!

If I wanted to go through the process of getting it corrected what would be the first step? Talk to the designer directly or go to the 3rd party who the ring was purchased through? Is it something that I should even bother with...Ultimately I know it''s my decision if I should pursue this but I just wanted some of my fellow PS''ers opinions...

Batman View.JPG

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry wrong picture....This is the one I wanted to post....

Setting ams.JPG

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Start with the place where you bought it. If it bugs you, get it fixed. It''s as simple as that. Not that it matters but it shouldn''t be difficult for someone with the right tools.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 6:07:17 PM
Author: denverappraiser
Start with the place where you bought it. If it bugs you, get it fixed. It''s as simple as that. Not that it matters but it shouldn''t be difficult for someone with the right tools.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Couldn''t agree more - don''t let something like that make you unhappy or keep you from enjoying your ring. Should be a simple enough fix!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! I definitely see what you''re talking about - that would bug me too. Ditto denverappraiser''s advise to start where you bought the ring - hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it would bother me...I would get it fixed.

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!
While the ring is beautiful, you should have the flaw fixed- it will just bug you more if you wait.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
agreed

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It would bother me. You should take it back to the vendor it was purchased from.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 6:07:17 PM
Author: denverappraiser

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Ditto Neil.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

My gut is telling me to take it back and get it fixed...FI thinks that I did it somehow wearing it and doesn't think that the jeweler will be able to do anything...I just told him at least we can try.

Anyway I'm taking it in this weekend...I really hope they can fix it
1.gif

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
It looks like it is something that can happen when you wear the ring but as it is at the back rather than the front, hopefully it is something that will not cause you too much alarm if it happens again after they fix it as your ring is too beautiful not to keep looking at it from the front!
emsmile.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I say fix it or it will continue to bother you
35.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely get it fixed, these things just feel worse through time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results