shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting design help for 4ctw+ 3-stone OEC

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the first setting you posted if your girdle would be safe enough!

I read that Memphis Fed Ex planes were virtually grounded from that snow storm. Lots of delays. Most shipping companies have not been honoring express times since Covid began, also. So it would likely be no better if you had used Fed Ex. But USPS shipping will insure up to a certain amount and Fed Ex will not insure jewelry.

You really think so? Hearing that makes me very happy. I was thinking about maybe bringing up the (I can’t remember what it’s called) basket bar thing that connects the prongs so that it’s right up underneath the girdle hugging it and maybe milgraining the top.

That’s true! FedEx doesn’t insure jewelry so I guess it’s good I didn’t send it with them.

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
That's weird cuz I was just thinking that I haven't seen you around and curious if you were ok!

I’m good! Staying out of trouble for the most part. I am looking forward to what you’ve been brewing.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Just reading through:

DK will send you a fully insured label at your cost. Usually UPS but can be FedEx too.

Did I miss the pics of your new stone???

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Or this with lower sides slightly tucked instead of all three stones on the same plane? Tgal’s 3 stone
1614062662333.jpeg
1614062727834.jpeg
1614062752010.jpeg

I love this antique look for OEC 3-stones, and it looks like it would offer a fragile girdle some protection! I can't wait for the finished ring, it will be fabulous! I'm also setting my 1.81ct mrb set in a 3-stone ring right now...can't wait for mine either.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I love this antique look for OEC 3-stones, and it looks like it would offer a fragile girdle some protection! I can't wait for the finished ring, it will be fabulous! I'm also setting my 1.81ct mrb set in a 3-stone ring right now...can't wait for mine either.

That’s awesome, @jaysonsmom! Can’t wait to see yours! Do you mind my asking which vendor you went with?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
That’s awesome, @jaysonsmom! Can’t wait to see yours! Do you mind my asking which vendor you went with?

Not a vendor on PS. My 3-stone is a simple reset of real diamonds into an existing 3-stone platinum setting that housed CZ's that I used as my travel ring for the past 19 years. My husband got me the setting for our 1 year anniversary, and due to the sentimental value (being my 1 year anniversary gift) I want to use the same setting. It is just being modified by a local bench jeweler to house my 1.81ct diamond because the diameter is smaller than the 8mm CZ that was in it for 19 years.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Not a vendor on PS. My 3-stone is a simple reset of real diamonds into an existing 3-stone platinum setting that housed CZ's that I used as my travel ring for the past 19 years. My husband got me the setting for our 1 year anniversary, and due to the sentimental value (being my 1 year anniversary gift) I want to use the same setting. It is just being modified by a local bench jeweler to house my 1.81ct diamond because the diameter is smaller than the 8mm CZ that was in it for 19 years.

Thanks for replying, @jaysonsmom. I‘m so excited to see your 3 stone in that special setting your husband gave you. Can‘t wait to see pics on SMTB thread of it❤️

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

Gahhhhh! How exciting!!!

itskcc

Rough_Rock
Hooooowheee! I love those double claw prongs. The first ring you posted looks just like a ring I found online that was the inspiration for my 3-stone reset. All of the different things you can do with prongs, proportions, tilt, spacing, etc. make 3-stones so fun in my opinion. Can't wait to see your finished project!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hooooowheee! I love those double claw prongs. The first ring you posted looks just like a ring I found online that was the inspiration for my 3-stone reset. All of the different things you can do with prongs, proportions, tilt, spacing, etc. make 3-stones so fun in my opinion. Can't wait to see your finished project!

Omg it’s quite similar and very beautiful! It even has the little milgrain I was thinking about adding! Thank you so much for commenting on my thread so I could see your ring! I’ve been waffling between keeping the single/oec cuts in the cathedral or elongated French cuts. I finally decided on the rounds but now looking at yours....

edit: no no, I decided on rounds. I will not be tempted again. I love my inspo, just need the go ahead from DK when he gets my stones that the girdle will be ok :)

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
A little update. DK received my ring and the diamond on Thursday. I’ve sent him inspo pics and instructions for CADs and he said he should be able to find my last matching stone shortly. Some design aspects of the setting have changed, some have not. We shall see...

This shall be my last update until the SMTB, muhahaha! :lol:

Last edited:
A little update. DK received my ring and the diamond on Thursday. I’ve sent him inspo pics and instructions for CADs and he said he should be able to find my last matching stone shortly. Some design aspects of the setting have changed, some have not. We shall see...

This shall be my last update until the SMTB, muhahaha! :lol:

Gah you tease! :lol-2:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I know I said no updates until SMTB but I can’t wait! Finding matching OECs is fun but also the worst! It’s a rollercoaster of emotions! Hope, disappointment, excitement, anxiety, happiness, sadness... you get it. But, I finally did it! I did it!!!

Trying to find a match to the 1.16 was worse than a needle in a haystack. I saw so many stones and none of them were it. No vendors had anything and DK was also coming up dry, that poor patient soul. So I went a different route. So, long story short (cuz my SMTB story is gonna be lonnnng) here they are!

1.30ct and 1.34ct
7.04mm each and!!! 50% and 51% table! This could not be a better match! I LOVE them so much!

If you wanna see a video of them performing: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdyUJdB0jN/?igshid=ilp3sg76m0gc

B9B8134F-DCAE-4114-8AE9-8FF5E636BC7E.jpeg 479DA14C-7DC0-4B25-9A6F-805BDCDCFC41.jpeg

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
I know I said no updates until SMTB but I can’t wait! Finding matching OECs is fun but also the worst! It’s a rollercoaster of emotions! Hope, disappointment, excitement, anxiety, happiness, sadness... you get it. But, I finally did it! I did it!!!

Trying to find a match to the 1.16 was worse than a needle in a haystack. I saw so many stones and none of them were it. No vendors had anything and DK was also coming up dry, that poor patient soul. So I went a different route. So, long story short (cuz my SMTB story is gonna be lonnnng) here they are!

1.30ct and 1.34ct
7.04mm each and!!! 50% and 51% table! This could not be a better match! I LOVE them so much!

If you wanna see a video of them performing: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdyUJdB0jN/?igshid=ilp3sg76m0gc

B9B8134F-DCAE-4114-8AE9-8FF5E636BC7E.jpeg 479DA14C-7DC0-4B25-9A6F-805BDCDCFC41.jpeg

Those are gorgeous and look identical! Just beautiful!!

1.30ct and 1.34ct

I still can't believe how well-matched they are. Totally meant to be. And so glad you finally have all your stones now. Ready for the next (and final?) step!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They’re certainly are a gorgeous pair, swoon!! This is going to be epic!!! Can’t wait!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Nearly twins!!! So so pretty :love:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I still can't believe how well-matched they are. Totally meant to be. And so glad you finally have all your stones now. Ready for the next (and final?) step!!

Yes! I just need to see one more plastic model and then I think we are good to go. As you know, I have changed the design of my ring from the original 4 double claw prong inspiration mentioned in the beginning of this thread. And umm I'm on CAD 7 or 8, I believe... poor DK. Is that a lot or do other people go through more CADs than me?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results