shape
carat
color
clarity

Set my 2.47 F IF Asscher - design ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I have been playing with ideas for the final setting for my new 2.47 F IF Asscher from Whiteflash. Here is a picture of the stone, unset. WF sent the stone in a temporary tiffany solitaire setting, which has been great. This will be a right hand ring for me, size 5. I will post a few design sketches too - give me your honest opinions please!

Asschergoogly.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is a sketch that I did - it is suppose to show the asscher with step-cut trapezoids on either side and double claw prongs for the asscher only. I believe this is similar to UCLA''s ring? My concerns about this design are:

1. My finger is a size 5, so will the overall design appear too large? The asscher is 7.5-7.6 mm.
2. The asscher is pretty deep, so I''m concerned about how the side view would look. Where would the traps sit relative to the asscher and how will the shank meet the sidestones? How could this be made to look graceful on a small finger?
3. Do the sidestones detract from the asscher?

Sketch Sidestones1.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is another sketch I did. This is suppose to be a split shank with double claw prongs. The design idea is similar to the Daniel K Union Square ring, but I prefer more tapering of the split shank and less pave.

Do you think the prongs should have diamonds or not? I''ll post a photoshop next.

Sketch Split Shank2.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is a modified image....

Thoughts?

Asscher Split Shank Double Claw Design copy.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My thought is that you could save a ton of money as Adwar has a Daniel K setting copy and it probably won''t have all the daniel K additional pave you don''t want.
Here''s the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/am-i-hallucinating.46718/

Although I love the trap settings... I prefer them with E/W set emeralds with 1.3-1.5 ratios.

Your Asscher BTW! WOW! Looks beautiful congrats!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, I guess you will just have to buy another matching stone because I love both of those settings. I don''t know how you will decide! You are a fab sketch artist!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I love the three stone version that you sketched. To me it''s a timeless classic.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
That's an amazing stone. I wouldn't want to upstage it. I would go with sketch #1.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
YUMMY! I LOVE THE STONE...SO LUCKY!!!!

I obviously like the trap setting
36.gif
...I also have similar finger size (5.25)...I don''t think the traps take away from the asscher, but they def. do give much more finger coverage...which I LOVE
36.gif

Mine is in a basket style setting, and while the asscher is deep, I NEVER noticed it in comparison to the traps depth. Does that make sense?!

I also really like the Daniel K. setting too! but it may make the ring look more like an e-ring....Just my thought...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 3:35:21 PM
Author: cpster
I love the three stone version that you sketched. To me it''s a timeless classic.
Me too!!! But both are great. What a fabulous stone!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG....how exciting!!!!

I think stepcut traps would look great, and not detract from the center. I also don''t think they would make the ring too big for your finger. (Check out KristyDarling''s gorgeous honker on her teensy finger!)

Whatever design you ultimately decide on...DEFINITELY consider Leon Mege to do the work. His work is impeccable, his specialty is tiny double prongs, and I think he''s a genious at choosing properly proportioned sidestones....

I''m so excited for you! Have fun!

widget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 3:36:26 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I also really like the Daniel K. setting too! but it may make the ring look more like an e-ring....Just my thought...
See ... I feel exactly the opposite ... I think the Daniel K inspired looks more RHRish! Also, I just have a soft spot for that design (Daniel K & Pokey & all split shank pave!)

EITHER way it''s gonna be a BEAUTY though!!!! I *love* yours, UCLABelle!!! So clean & elegant & classic ... & the Daniel K is romantic & graceful & glittery.

What would best complement what''s on your LEFT hand?? And what''s more "you"?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks for all the super-zippy responses! I appreciate the compliments too! Some thoughts:

Gypsy: Thanks for the tip on Adwar. I just tried calling them and they wouldn''t talk to me as a consumer. I wanted to ask about diamond quality and what size stones they can accommodate. Any ideas?

Miranda: Thanks for the encouragement on my sketches! They may be a little out of scale, which is why I''m troubled. I would agree with you - I can''t decide. Each day I change my mind!

cpster, Kaleigh: Thanks both of you for the compliments!

Colorkitty: What do you mean - "upstage it"?

UCLABelle: Do you have a close-up side shot of your ring?

Widget: Thanks for the tip. I''ll check it out. Guess what - I used a cut-n-paste version of LM double claw prongs for the photoshop. You''re right, he seems to do very nice work!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think you''ll have to send that stone to me for at least 6 months, by that time I can help you decide on how to set it!
2.gif
3.gif

In all seriousness, I love the traps (my rectangular stone have these sides and I love the look); but I also love Pokey''s ring and the split shank pave that LM did. Do you want all "white"? How about some natural yellow stones?

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
This is so fun - you all are so helpful. Additional thoughts:

SanDiegoLady: My e-ring is in the works right now. This was a little present to myself. I tried to be sensitive and get an asscher that looks smaller than my e-ring-to-be. The asscher is actually a secret right now, so sssshhhh......
1.gif

Deco: Edited: Just saw Pokey's ring - nice. You ask which ring is more me? Hard to say - I like simple clean lines. I wish I could answer this question easily!

Widget: You are right - I just checked out KristyDarling's boulder (!). LM did a nice job making a huge stone with sidestones to boot look graceful and elegant for her finger. The prongs are very tasteful and the overall scale is excellent.

Sharon: I'll get it right out to you! Ha-ha!
9.gif
You are too funny! Thanks for the suggestion about the yellows, but I'm not quite on that bandwagon yet. I think there's too much pink in my skintone. Who knows though - maybe that'll be the next fetish!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2111-A.JPG

Pokey''s positively dreamy ring

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness Starry! An e-ring and a 2.5 ct. asscher RHR at the same time? Wow!

I love both designs and can see myself using both even if it is with colored stones. But with that diamond, I vote for a Leon Mege with side traps. Look at Widget''s reset done by Leon. She already had sidestones to use, but I think it would be gorgeous with side traps!
000_3660.jpg

000_3579.jpg
IMG_2161a.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, thanks for the image of Pokey''s ring. You''re right - dreamy, for sure. I think that if i go with the split shank, I''d like it to be a little more of a swoopy V from the top view. Does that make sense? Also I think Pokey''s ring is pave on three sides? I''d prefer something like channel-set melee, if that''s the right term....

Diamondseeker (alias, Sapphireseeker!), SSSHHHHHH....... Hee-hee! Honestly I couldn''t help myself. I''ve been obsessing about asschers and when I saw the one at Whiteflash, I couldn''t help myself. It looked really nice and the pricing was excellent. I think I have an illness - sign me up for Diamond Addicts Anonymous!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
OMG- that is a stunning stone!
I think that either setting would be gorgeous, but I would go w/ the traps if it were me...

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Also Adwar is a casting company, like Stuller, Ingwer, etc. - you could have WF (or another jeweler) order the setting for you and then they put the melee in, so you can specify the quality of the little stones.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both sketches, but if I was held at gunpoint to pick a favorite, I would go with the trap 3 stone. Just gorgeous, and won''t upstage the asscher, but those side step cuts will complement that lovely stone!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have a few close-ups..

img_0282 (2).jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
another...WOW it looks dirty in this pic...It is a GIA VS1! Little hairs...dirt specs...muck!

img_0277.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Starry, how do you feel about colored stones? I was thinking as this 3-stone is loved by you and many others BUT you would like the Asscher shape to be celebrated (anyway that''s the vibe from this thread to me), sides of color (i personally would make them green) serve this purpose imo.

Starry89.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi UCLABelle and thanks for going through all the trouble to post the close-ups! I really appreciate it - they are extremely helpful! It looks like you even have a little extra clearance between the asscher culet and your finger, so the depth isn't a problem. This is good news!

Hello Pricescope Admin! Of whom do I have the honor? Thanks so much for the colored stone idea. I did see Tacori's e-ring with the sapphires and it is stunning. I'm not sure I could make a color commitment on this one though. It's funny you should post this though. Believe it or not, I was at Costco over Christmas and saw a 3-stone ring, all ovals with blue sapphires flanking a diamond. It was gorgeous!! I guess I wonder - what if I want to wear olive green, which I often do. That would kinda clash.....

dtnyc and firegoddess, thanks for your thoughts!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 7:31:58 PM
Author: starryeyed
I guess I wonder - what if I want to wear olive green, which I often do. That would kinda clash.....
Which is why, perhaps, with your "pinky" skin tone, you should get PINK DIAMOND TRAPS!!!!!

Okay - that''s just me fantasizing in type ... I do love how the colored stones highlight the Asscher shape.

p.s -- I just don''t agree that traps are any less overpowering to the Asscher than pave would be. Traps have strong bold lines & WILL take away, to some extend from the powerful center pattern ... whereas subtle glimmery pave might draw the eye *toward* the Asscher. Size ratio is key if you do choose Traps!
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 7:38:12 PM
Author: decodelighted
Which is why, perhaps, with your ''pinky'' skin tone, you should get PINK DIAMOND TRAPS!!!!!

Okay - that''s just me fantasizing in type ... I do love how the colored stones highlight the Asscher shape.

p.s -- I just don''t agree that traps are any less overpowering to the Asscher than pave would be. Traps have strong bold lines & WILL take away, to some extend from the powerful center pattern ... whereas subtle glimmery pave might draw the eye *toward* the Asscher. Size ratio is key if you do choose Traps!
1.gif

Yes, pinks would be a fantasy for me too! I do have a pink sapphire to minimize my cravings though. You said it perfectly Deco - these are my worries too. Sidestones would definitely maximize the bling factor, but that''s not what I''m about. With this size asscher, I''m interested in complimenting the stone and the pattern that the stone has. I''m worried about traps detracting. Now that''s not the case with UCLA''s, which is encouraging. Hmmm....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gypsy%20top%20contender.jpg

Have you seen this beautiful setting from Joe Escobar? This would be one of my top choices for an asscher!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that image Diamondseeker! The halo thing is tempting, but in the end, I decided against it. That is a beauty for sure! The halo idea came in #3, but I''m going to sleep on it again. Thanks for the idea!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 7:31:58 PM
Author: starryeyed
Believe it or not, I was at Costco over Christmas and saw a 3-stone ring, all ovals with blue sapphires flanking a diamond. It was gorgeous!! I guess I wonder - what if I want to wear olive green, which I often do. That would kinda clash.....

dtnyc and firegoddess, thanks for your thoughts!
Haha, are you wearing a green lipstick with that? You don''t i hope
Anyway you can make them light blue and they will go with anything in that size and being hmmm...not fabric. O padparadshas, though it would be very hard to find, but boy that would be a killer ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results