shape
carat
color
clarity

AM I HALLUCINATING?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think I found a replica of the Split CROWN Daniel K... on ADWAR!

Okay... .here is the page: 20542L the one next to it, and the one next to that. Seriously. The two next to it are bigger so you can see the CLAW PRONGS... and the w ... Um... am I right?? fourth row down... and there looks to be a Tiffany Ribbon copy on the fifth row!

http://www.adwar.com/products/catalog19/page_1109/index.html

Quick.. someone call WF and ask. Seriously.

01TT13.jpg

1109.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...that is gorgeous! Does WF carry it? I want it! Now it just needs a thin matching band!
30.gif
30.gif

I wonder how much it is.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well... I know that people have mentioned WF getting adwar pieces before and getting them set with WF melee and such... so I assume WF can order any Adwar piece you ask for.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Too bad I''m not in the market for a setting right now. I think you need to buy it just so I can see what it looks like on someone''s finger.
28.gif
emwink.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH! I think so too... but it''s not in the budget right now-- unless I get it instead of my custom setting for my asscher (hmm....). I just bought a zircon that may need re-cutting then it will need a(inexpensive) setting... and I''m still looking for a 6x6 gem for my diamond''s current setting-- AND DON''T TEMPT ME! LOL. I''ve actually got my eye on the Ribbon replica for my niece who just graduated highschool though. Get a nice Montana sapphire in there... have it cast in gold with G H colored eye clean SI1 stones... affordable and very pretty. HAVE to get a job first... be she''s okay with waiting for a nice sapphire ring until then. The Daniel K look alike... well I am tempted... but I''d have to give up my baguette halo... not sure I can do that although I would like to see the setting up close and personal like. Plus the first one and the second one both say they ar for a 6.5 x6.5 stone (although they look like they take different sized stones so I''m thinking that''s a typo)... and mine is 6x6.

Oh MsSALVO!!! I got a setting you NEED to see!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they also have Legacy-ish settings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that... with the V... do they have the surprise stone too I wonder??? Inquiring minds want to know. Just checked they do! And they seem to have the setting for every shape and size under the sun (okay... maybe that's exagerating but...
close!). ETA: What does Adwar have against 6 x 6 asschers anyway... you know I've yet to see a setting for a 6x6 asscher yet from them... and that's a standard 1 carat-ish size!
1117.jpg

Oh... people are going to be happy about this. Gonna save a ton of custom $$.

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
nice! they have so many settings! after i just had one custom made too lol

so let me just be clear on how to read them - fist it''s how many pieces the ring comes in, then the center stone dimensions and cut, then the surprise and melee diamonds (eg. 2 - 1pt, 40 - 1/2 pt). and lastly the ring size? (4.7, 4.5, 3.1, 5.8, etc). The text is just soooo small on my screen it''s really hard to make out!

that''s very cool, so WF can purchase any of these, any ideas how much do some of these settings run w/o any stones?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the last number is the weight of the metal... but I could be completely wrong. Ring size doesn''t make sense though... cause that Daniel K that''s winking at me has a last number of 2.8.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a beautiful Montana sapphire ring you're putting together...I want one!
9.gif

Thanks for posting that! I saved it on my computer...I've been doing that when I see settings I like...gotta keep track of these things!
emotion-5.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think you could put a round in one of the settings in the middle area of the second page you posted that are a little more squarish to give the whole ring kind of a cushiony effect or do you think there would be gaps at the corners?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay Gypsy, you found the first similar DK ring I''ve seen. very interesting. I think just about any jeweler can order in adwar but I don''t know anything about the quality of the pieces. definitely worth some further investigation
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh these are just fabulous!!!!

i think that adwar (which is a company like stuller, so would assume similar type of basic very good quality) is a great way to go for those with designer tastes on a budget or who don't want to go custom and reinvent the wheel....

i know you are in love with the 'real thing' mrs salvo but part of the reason i would never want to spend 7k on a setting is because i don't trust that i will want to wear that darn setting forever. and i'd feel like i HAD to if it was friggin 7k (and hubby would feel like i had to too!) but with say a 2k setting that is visually 99% similar and maybe quality that looks the same from NOT using a 40x mag...i'd feel much more okay with that and then if the new setting monster reared it's head in 10 years, i wouldn't feel bad at all getting something new. but that's just me...personally.

i have actually been coveting a right hand ring that is 3 princess set halo'd stones kind of with the sides graduated down just a bit, i tried one on at a local maul store and it was beautiful and only like $3k and i thought wow that's good...and i know that this was not some custom piece, it had to be a ready-cast like a stuller or something like these pictured here, it was also not a designer name. well even better if i can get something like that with adwar and use WF's new princess cut ideals....YUM, YUM and YUM again!!!!! but that won't happen anytime soon, but it's still nice to know that i don't have to shop maul OR go custom to get that look and stay in a budget.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 2:09:37 AM
Author: Gypsy

I saw that... with the V... do they have the surprise stone too I wonder??? Inquiring minds want to know. Just checked they do! And they seem to have the setting for every shape and size under the sun (okay... maybe that''s exagerating but...
close!). ETA: What does Adwar have against 6 x 6 asschers anyway... you know I''ve yet to see a setting for a 6x6 asscher yet from them... and that''s a standard 1 carat-ish size!
1117.jpg

Oh... people are going to be happy about this. Gonna save a ton of custom $$.

I don''t see one for a pear shape.....waahhhhhh!!!
8.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 9:55:35 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Do you think you could put a round in one of the settings in the middle area of the second page you posted that are a little more squarish to give the whole ring kind of a cushiony effect or do you think there would be gaps at the corners?
Gaps I'm thinking. But it might be worth a call.

Mara I TOTALLY agree. Love the look, hate the price tag... not wearing the ring inside out so the designer doesn't matter. LOL.

BUT I can appreciate folks who want the real thing and can afford it. Still, MrsSalvo... definitely work a call or two from you? Maybe... and an update for us.

I'm going to try to email adwar and ask for bigger pics and a side shot so we can see what we are dealing with.

As for the sapphire ring... yeah... well. She's wanted on for a long time now... but she mentioned today that she might be thrilled with a spa day too. *Rolls eyes*... teenagers.

ETAP: JELLY THAT IS A LOVELY pendant. Love WF's diamonds.

SOPHIE you are right! I didn't even notice that... did you look on the site... maybe there is something a few pages up or down.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please let me know what you find out. Most of the time it's the finer details and the workmanship of the real thing that is what i'm after but can appreciate adwar as a good alternative for those on a budget or would think of changing the setting down the road. I believe the workmanship on their peices is very good. For me, I want a handmade ring for my e-ring so adwar would be out, but for a RHR, pendant or just about anything else, I think they are a great. I happen to not mind paying for the designer piece because i know how picky and detailed oriented I am, so even a small visual difference between the two would drive me insane.

ETA: and jelly, I do love that pendant
30.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Gypsy ... an incredible find!
6.gif
18.gif
30.gif

This may actually put alot of people in the "I think I might be able to affoard it" boat!

By the way, I would like a speed boat, sail boat ... already got a rowboat!

I love the Daniel K look a like ... I can just imagine that one with a gemstone center! Hmmm, let see ... there''s green, blue and of course pink/ruby tourmaline too!

Now youv''e gone and done it! Adding to wish list as we speak!
3.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results