shape
carat
color
clarity

Serendipity- WF 3.443 J SI1 ACA meets EW Margot

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I joined ps, a single ring has stood out as my Holy Grail. I have lusted after @yssie's Erika Winters' Margot for what seems like forever. I started exploring the possibility of resetting or upgrading my stone less than a month ago. I got lots of really helpful advice in HO about the pros and cons. I could not get it out of my mind and the itch had to be scratched!

I thought I wanted a 10mm stone in an EW Margot so I began my hunt. After I ordered a 10mm cz and wore it around for a couple of days, I decided it was too big for daily wear. My daughters and husband definitely agreed (teenage son couldn't care less). But I was afraid that changing from the petal prong Dahlia setting to a Margot would make my stone seem smaller since the Dahlia prongs have a tiny halo effect. (Thanks @Bonfire for this observation!) What good pser wouldn't be terrified of a reset appearing smaller?!? Going up just a tad from 9.4mm but not to 10mm seemed to be the way to go. As luck would have it, Whiteflash had a 9.7mm J-SI1 ACA in stock so I made an appointment to see it. I tend to have an "unclean" mind so an eyeclean SI1 and a bit of warmth are the perfect specs for me.

I also wanted to see an EW piece before I made the commitment to the Margot which has a substantial price point. I searched around for a band and I found one on ebay!! It was a b&m store in Virginia (White and Ivory) that was selling their floor model EW pieces. Luckily they had my size in a 18k yg Lily band. I purchased it and two days later it was on my finger. Refined perfection was my impression of Erika's work and I knew I would have a Margot.

So at this point I have an appointment with WF to see a 9.7mm stone. I have bought an EW Lily band from White and Ivory, and I know that I want a Margot. Here is where the story gets good!

I sent an email to the lady at White and Ivory to thank her for sending the Lily band so promptly. I attached a picture of my new band with my Dahlia. When she replied, she complimented Dahlia and asked about my stone. I replied with the specs of the stone and that I really wanted the EW Margot with a slightly larger stone and I planned to contact Erika. Just a few minutes after I sent that email, she called me.

She had a platinum Margot made for a 3.3 ct stone sitting in her vault! A lady had changed her mind and it was brand new, set previously but never worn. I asked her to find the exact size of the stone from her records and to send me pics. No way could this be for real! A few minutes later she called back. A platinum Margot, polished finish, pave shoulders, made for a 9.74mm MRB, size 6.5. It was exactly what I wanted down to the ring size!!!!! And of course it was at a great discount (almost 40% off current MSRP!) since it had been sitting in a vault for 2 years. This was beginning to feel like fate.

I still had to see the stone though. And to be honest, I thought I would be disappointed. No way would this really happen this easily! So I went to WF with the attitude that I would not trade for a less beautiful stone, no matter the setting situation. I almost gasped when I saw the new stone. Immediately, it looked brighter and even a bit whiter than my stone which was considered a high J. Michelle and Becca and I were unanimous that it was prettier. Wow, I just couldn't believe it. With a tiny table and high crown, this is a total fireball! Totally eyeclean too!

My new stone
3.443 ct
J
SI1 (eye clean with grade setting twinning wisp)
Depth 61.8
Table 55.4
CA 34.8
PA 40.8
Star 48
LGF 77

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4033329.htm

So Margot arrived a couple of days later. And WF set it. From dream to finger in less than 3 weeks. It could not have been easier than if it fell out of the sky! Does this even qualify for Holy Grail status!?! And possibly the best part is that DH is completely dumbfounded that I spent less than half of the original budget!!! Hence the Imogen and Helena bands in the pics, hehehe.

Although I have never named a ring before, a single word has stood out throughout the entire process. I have Christened her Serendipity. She will grace my grateful finger from now on!

Thank you to Whiteflash (Michelle, @Vera W, Becca, Leon, @Texas Leaguer and the entire team), White and Ivory, everyone who advised me in my ridiculously long HO thread, and @MissGotRocks for virtually holding my hand throughout the upgrade!

20190307_161735.jpg 20190307_161701.jpg 20190307_161928.jpg 20190307_162944.jpg 20190307_163211.jpg 20190307_163246.jpg 20190307_163323.jpg 20190307_162835.jpg 20190307_162138.jpg 20190307_164129.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
My goal is to have an EW piece. Your ring is DIVINE! Serendipity is the perfect name for her. I love when things fall into place like your story. It makes the whole experience and outcome even sweeter. The additional lovelies are beautiful icing on the whole cake! Congrats!!!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations on a meant-to-be miracle!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Beautiful ring! :love: well done! :clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is undoubtedly one of the most special stories of PS! The ring is beautiful and paired with the bands simply divine. You must be living right - lol! In all seriousness, this couldn't have happened to a nicer person and I say that having had the privilege of meeting you. Wear this ring in the best of health and enjoy it every day in every way. I am truly thrilled for you and can't wait for even more pics - I know you won't disappoint! The Margot truly is a beautiful setting and I love the simplicity of the head with the tiny eight prongs - it just lets that diamond shine in all its glory without frills. Truly made for a stone of significant size and it showcases it beautifully! Well done my friend! :clap::clap::clap:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! Speechless:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: !

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is so so divine!! Congratulations and enjoy!! :appl:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is fate with a little bit of magic sprinkled in. Love this story. Your rings are beautiful. That profile shot is divine.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh -- that is the BEST story, and the diamond and whole package are simply, perfectly gorgeous!! Those bands, too! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous @ceg! :love: And it's great how everything fell into place so seamlessly. Amazing diamond and setting that looks fabulous on you! :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved reading your story and I love your ring(s) even more. Fate brought this together for you and I hope you revel in the beauty of your new stone and Margot! :clap:
I laughed out loud and totally relate about a true PSer being terrified over a reset looking smaller! :shifty:

Enjoy! =)2

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh em gee congrats! Love how it all fell into place!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very perfect! Serendipitous indeed! The stars aligned for you ceg! I love this story, I love all of your rings and I’m so happy for you!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Yassss!!! It’s a good day! I love everything. Congratulations.

(Hope to be as lucky as you one day to find a dream-setting tucked away.... just waiting for me... and at 40% off.)

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Incredible! So excited for you! Wear in good health! And your dear hubs is a keeper!:shock:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It turned out so beautifully :love::love::love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this was definitely meant to be! Congrats on your holy grail!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy Grail indeed! What a great story, surely divine intervention, your set was Meant To Be! So beautiful, congrats ceg!:love::love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How fabulous! It truly was meant to be from beginning to end! So very happy for you and your gorgeous Serendipity! Wear her in much health and happiness!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg this is possibly the sweetest, most meant-to-be ring story of all PS time! Your new ring - the setting, the diamond are absolutely stunning and you so very much deserve this happy ending!!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So so stunning!! Love the story of how your dream ring came together!!
Enjoy :appl:

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I just love when things seem to fall into place.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love it! So happy for you and I love the other bands as well!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible story! This was meant to be! Serendipity is the perfect name for such a beautiful, outstanding piece!! Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Serendipity needs some gorgeous new boots to go with her gorgeous self!:whistle::dance:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! Wow! She is perfect!

Since I joined ps, a single ring has stood out as my Holy Grail. I have lusted after @yssie's Erika Winters' Margot for what seems like forever. I started exploring the possibility of resetting or upgrading my stone less than a month ago. I got lots of really helpful advice in HO about the pros and cons. I could not get it out of my mind and the itch had to be scratched!

I thought I wanted a 10mm stone in an EW Margot so I began my hunt. After I ordered a 10mm cz and wore it around for a couple of days, I decided it was too big for daily wear. My daughters and husband definitely agreed (teenage son couldn't care less). But I was afraid that changing from the petal prong Dahlia setting to a Margot would make my stone seem smaller since the Dahlia prongs have a tiny halo effect. (Thanks @Bonfire for this observation!) What good pser wouldn't be terrified of a reset appearing smaller?!? Going up just a tad from 9.4mm but not to 10mm seemed to be the way to go. As luck would have it, Whiteflash had a 9.7mm J-SI1 ACA in stock so I made an appointment to see it. I tend to have an "unclean" mind so an eyeclean SI1 and a bit of warmth are the perfect specs for me.

I also wanted to see an EW piece before I made the commitment to the Margot which has a substantial price point. I searched around for a band and I found one on ebay!! It was a b&m store in Virginia (White and Ivory) that was selling their floor model EW pieces. Luckily they had my size in a 18k yg Lily band. I purchased it and two days later it was on my finger. Refined perfection was my impression of Erika's work and I knew I would have a Margot.

So at this point I have an appointment with WF to see a 9.7mm stone. I have bought an EW Lily band from White and Ivory, and I know that I want a Margot. Here is where the story gets good!

I sent an email to the lady at White and Ivory to thank her for sending the Lily band so promptly. I attached a picture of my new band with my Dahlia. When she replied, she complimented Dahlia and asked about my stone. I replied with the specs of the stone and that I really wanted the EW Margot with a slightly larger stone and I planned to contact Erika. Just a few minutes after I sent that email, she called me.

She had a platinum Margot made for a 3.3 ct stone sitting in her vault! A lady had changed her mind and it was brand new, set previously but never worn. I asked her to find the exact size of the stone from her records and to send me pics. No way could this be for real! A few minutes later she called back. A platinum Margot, polished finish, pave shoulders, made for a 9.74mm MRB, size 6.5. It was exactly what I wanted down to the ring size!!!!! And of course it was at a great discount (almost 40% off current MSRP!) since it had been sitting in a vault for 2 years. This was beginning to feel like fate.

I still had to see the stone though. And to be honest, I thought I would be disappointed. No way would this really happen this easily! So I went to WF with the attitude that I would not trade for a less beautiful stone, no matter the setting situation. I almost gasped when I saw the new stone. Immediately, it looked brighter and even a bit whiter than my stone which was considered a high J. Michelle and Becca and I were unanimous that it was prettier. Wow, I just couldn't believe it. With a tiny table and high crown, this is a total fireball! Totally eyeclean too!

My new stone
3.443 ct
J
SI1 (eye clean with grade setting twinning wisp)
Depth 61.8
Table 55.4
CA 34.8
PA 40.8
Star 48
LGF 77

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4033329.htm

So Margot arrived a couple of days later. And WF set it. From dream to finger in less than 3 weeks. It could not have been easier than if it fell out of the sky! Does this even qualify for Holy Grail status!?! And possibly the best part is that DH is completely dumbfounded that I spent less than half of the original budget!!! Hence the Imogen and Helena bands in the pics, hehehe.

Although I have never named a ring before, a single word has stood out throughout the entire process. I have Christened her Serendipity. She will grace my grateful finger from now on!

Thank you to Whiteflash (Michelle, @Vera W, Becca, Leon, @Texas Leaguer and the entire team), White and Ivory, everyone who advised me in my ridiculously long HO thread, and @MissGotRocks for virtually holding my hand throughout the upgrade!

20190307_161735.jpg 20190307_161701.jpg 20190307_161928.jpg 20190307_162944.jpg 20190307_163211.jpg 20190307_163246.jpg 20190307_163323.jpg 20190307_162835.jpg 20190307_162138.jpg 20190307_164129.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhhhhh gorgeous. So so perfect in every way.. and I love the bands you got to go with her :love:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Your whole new EW set is beyond beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results