shape
carat
color
clarity

Sending Stone to Tacori to set in setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
I am seeking out buying the Tacori band and e-ring. I went to the Jewelry store in the Mall that carries Tacori,
they said I have to ship my diamond to Tacori to allow Tacori to set it in the setting. They said Tacori will not
warrenty the setting if I have someone else set my stone into the setting. I said I really didn''t want to ship it
to Tacori, but I just wanted to buy the setting and have my jeweler set it. The insisted that was a bad idea
and said they talked to Tacori and Tacori said that if someone else sets the stone they will not warrenty the
setting in any way. If a stone comes lose, etc... Its the band and ering that has small diamonds all the way around.
I was confused and called an on-line seller that another price-scope writer referred me to. They said that Tacori
doesn''t really like you to ship your diamond to them, and they had no problem ordering me the setting and band
and shipping it to me. So, as you can see, im getting two different answers. I really just wanted to order it
from the Jewelry store because im not really getting a deal on-line, Tacori goes for the same price everywhere,
plus I really wanted to be able to deal with someone face to face, incase there is something wrong when i get
the setting, i can easily have them send it back to fix. Anyway, the girl at the jewerly store mentioned it again
last night that she or Tacori will not warrenty the setting if I do not agree to send my diamond to Tacori to have
them set it. I told her I would even wait for her jeweler, who comes in 2 x per year into the store, to do the
actually setting of the diamond. She didn''t quite know what to say when I said that to her. She said she would
check on that, but again said Tacori is the one that insists I send it and that nobody else sets it in the setting.
Im confused, because what if I didn''t even own a diamond yet, would I not be able to purchase the setting?
That is how it is coming across to me. Can any one shed some light on why this jeweler is insisting this.
The only thing I can think of is that you pay 1/2 up front, then after Tacori makes it, you pay the rest. Perhaps they think that if i pay the 1/2, I may not pay the rest if i don''t like it, and if my diamond is inside of it, I am forced. That is all I can think of. Please help if you can, I know there are other women here that have ordered from Tacori. Thank you for your feedback.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
So, that must be the problem, is they don''t have a jeweler on site, and he only comes in twice per year.
Ok, that sounds like a better plan, I live in Danbury, CT, and there are not a lot of other dealers around
that sell Tacori. I will start searching for a Jeweler that can also set it and order in around here. Thank you very
much, good idea.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I get a real feeling that they don''t want to set your ring. Do you???

Please go and check with another jeweler. What you are asking is fine. Most reputable jewelers will help you if anything goes wrong with your tacori over and above any tacori warranty. You are spending a good chunk of change, and most jewelers want to make sure you are happy.

I worked with a place on long island that was happy to set my stone (bought elsewhere - gog) order me the setting - and SET the stone while I waited. I met the bench jeweler in person and we had a very nice conversation. They even asked if I''d like to watch while it was set and polished.

Please check out someone else - at least for comparison. I had a very good experince with my local jeweler - and you should too!

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Laney, your right, i am not going to buy it from them.
They don''t want to set it and they won''t warranty the ring if
i don''t send my diamond to Tacori.

So that place is out.

Do you think doing the diamonds 1/2 way around is an ok idea?

Others recommend doing it all the way around.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Carolynw:

That''s pretty peculiar how insistent that jeweler was about not setting the stone. You definitely want to work with someone who is willing to go that extra mile for you and make you feel comfortable!

I think the halfway row of diamonds versus the full eternity is a matter of personal preference. Mine are being made full eternity because I like the symbolism and also because I think it looks pretty. But you can save a lot of money by going halfway around, that''s for sure. With full eternity in certain Tacori styles (like my Rosebud) , Tacori confirmed that you can''t resize the ring so if you are worried about future size changes that may be something to consider. You can also have the diamonds 3/4 the way (as told to me by a local jeweler) with room in the back to size so from the front they both look full eternity, and if they spin the chances of the small plain remaining metal showing are low, and you still have the option to size it.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Hi again, that''s funny that you mention the 3/4 diamonds around. Because yesterday I asked this mall
jewelry lady if she would ask Tacori if they could do that, and she looked at me and said they will not
do that, and if your going to do that, you might as well go all the way, but i told her my concern
was never being able to size it. They are not really being very nice, I could spend so much and
they seem to be only doing what they want to do. I''m going to go to the jeweler I bought my diamond from.
I bought the Jeff cooper setting, and im waiting on it now. I just want to put it on consignment at
his store, and have him order me the more expensive setting Tacori sells. I know he will do it for me.
He has been so nice, even after I goofed on my size and said make the Jeff Cooper in 6, and im really
a 6 1/4. I called them yesterday and they have no problem telling Jeff Cooper to make sure both
the e-ring and band are 6 1/4. Plus, they originally gave me a Jeff Cooper e-ring, and when it came
back it was too thick with the band on my finger, so they agreed and had no problem sending it back
to Jeff Cooper and having them change it to a thinner e-ring style. Once I get it it will be fine to wear
for awhile, but since I paid over 16,000.00 for my diamond, i really want a more expensive and attactive
looking setting. For now, I will ask my jeweler to see if he can order the Tacori one for me, and stop
fooling around with the Mall Jewelry store. I gained one thing however, I was able to try it on and know that
i love it, and also I was able to figure out my true size of my ring finger. So, i guess not all is lost.
thanks for your help.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad it looks like very thing will work out for you. Ditto the above about eternity, and half way.

And by the way - my jeweler SUGGESTED 3/4 the way around, and yes Tacori will do it. I have eternity because my FI said it looked funny only half way. (no problem here :) )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results