carat
color
clarity

Send Good Thoughts to Byron, Please!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady said:
Thanks again to each and every one of you. I planned to type out individual responses, but I'm just too tired!

I spoke with the neurologist this afternoon. Every titer has come back negative, we're waiting on three more. The good news is that they are all treated similarly using a chemo-therapy drug, so we're bringing in Byron on Friday to start the chemo-therapy which will hopefully decrease the inflammation so that he can restore use of his legs. Right now he's on an aggressive steroid treatment with no results at all.

So while we do not have a diagnosis, I'm glad that we are trying a new treatment this week. I'm still hoping for the best.

What a good doggy he is! He will be a trooper and go through his treatments with you! I bet he will be OK after he has them, too. Keep up your faith, NEL. Many of us have your back...and sweet Byron's!!!

Love and hugs,
Deb
:read:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I'm so sorry that both of you are going through this. I'm sending lots and lots of healing vibes Byron's way.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Poor Bryon :( I know how difficult is to go through an illness with a beloved pet. I am also sending healing vibes your way! I hope you are able to get a diagnosis soon, and that the new treatment has Bryon back on his feet and out of his diaper very soon!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
NEL I got a tear in my eye for Byron ;( I have always loved hearing you talk about your dogs and your description of him is just too much for my preggo hormones! What a sweet boy, many many many good vibes headed yalls way from me and my furbabies! I hope the new treatment goes well.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this, NEL. My eyes were watering as I read your post. I'm sending lots of dust your way for Byron.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just checking to see if there was any word on Byron's doings. I can't check into Pricescope without coming to this thread to see if he's up to anything new. I concur with Alistra: I hope he's out of the diaper and back on his feet very soon!

Hugs,
Deb

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
NEL, I've been keeping up on this on the other channel, but just did want to also reply here sending OCEANS of dust Byron's (and your) way.

Praying fervently for you to get positive news and a solid plan of action. My heart literally hurts for you. ENORMOUS hugs coming at you, and please get in touch if there is positively ANYTHING I can do.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of hugs to Byron. I hope that he recovers well with this treatment!

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Fellow dog lover here--virtual hugs to Byron. (My pooch is sending love as well from under our dining room table.)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dusting for Byron big time! i am so sorry he's not feeling well....best vibes for him to get better <3

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Sending Byron love and a heart. Get well soon.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, all. AGBF, you are sweet to keep checking the thread. Allison, thanks so much. I told KTF that the next time you ladies go out for dinner I'm tagging along. Though right now I think I could just use a drink, haha. Effe, what a cute pup!!

Byron is getting his chemotherapy drugs for the next 24 hours. I might even sleep in my own bed tonight. Nothing has helped him thus far and I'm becoming more depressed each day. He's miserable, I'm miserable and I can't help him. I'm such a Debbie Downer--I think I'm just drained.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Stay positive and get a good night's sleep! Still praying to St. Francis!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lulu|1288999609|2756333 said:
Stay positive and get a good night's sleep!

Do, indeed, get some rest, NEL. It looks as if you and Byron are going to be in this fight for the long haul. But, please, don't give up! I think your doctor will be straight with you. And you have a really good head on your shoulders, too. If treatment isn't going to work, you will know it and face it. In the meantime, that is NOT what you have been told. So we have to go with the plan. Right?

It is so hard to be brave when the being suffering is a baby or a dog who cannot understand. All I can do is say I am sorry and that I truly care.

I will be holding you and Byron in the light.

Love,
Deb

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been on PS much lately but just saw this thread. I hope Byron will get better and the chemo drugs will help him. He looks so sweet. This has to be so difficult for you! Hang in there!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Prayers for your beautiful friend Byron....hope whatever it is will heal itself, and he'll be back to himself soon!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
NEL, I'm free tomorrow (Sat) and would be happy to come down and have that drink with you if you'd like a kindred spirit to lean on for a while. Let me know.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Allison, you are such a sweetheart. I'm supposed to be around between 11 and 4 tomorrow in case the vet calls to pick Byron up and then I'm going to be busy taking care of him, but let's definitely do something soon. I'll send you an email!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still sending you loads of healing dust, NEL. I hope your big handsome boy starts to feel better soon. Big hugs.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Nel, I'm so sorry to hear about Byron. I hope he's ok, I'm sending you both lots of dust!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you slept well last night, NEL and that Byron did, too. (Dogs are usually pretty good at sleeping in my experience.) I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you guys!

Be well!

Hugs,
Deb

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
NEL- just wanted to check in on Byron... I'm sorry he's still not doing well, I pray that things turn around soon!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of healing dust and positive thoughts going out to your precious Byron *hugs*

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Byron had his first chemotherapy treatment yesterday and is doing a little better today! YAY!

He's able to walk around on his own now, though he's very wobbly and needs help getting up. Still no firm diagnosis, but he's due for round 2 of chemo in 3 weeks. I think the good thoughts are working!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
byron my man, i did not want my first look of you to be in diapers. most undignified for a dog of your stature.

please get well soon.

dust a la PS to you. xx

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1289170141|2757848 said:
Byron had his first chemotherapy treatment yesterday and is doing a little better today! YAY!

He's able to walk around on his own now, though he's very wobbly and needs help getting up. Still no firm diagnosis, but he's due for round 2 of chemo in 3 weeks. I think the good thoughts are working!!

Baby steps!! Glad to hear there is a little bit of improvement! Hopefully you'll get a diagnosis soon.

*Dust* for his continued improvement!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
More healing vibes going out for Byron. Any improvement is encouraging. :appl: :appl: :wavey:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for the improvement!
Still thinking of you guys, and still sending as loads of healing dust for sweet Byron.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
All right Byron! Positive vibes still outgoing though. :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful news!! Sending more healing dust for Byron's continued improvement!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results