shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling Diamond

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m looking for advice on selling a diamond. I have a loose stone that I love and was planning on setting but I recently found a completed ring that I’m in love with. I’m thinking of selling the stone. Where is the best place to safely list it and get top dollar. I don’t want to get scammed. I’m also nervous about shipping it. Best method to ship? I’m thinking I can get about 4K for the stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could list it on loupetroop and/or diamond bistro and create a thread for it on the pre-loved forum.

Read this first

What are the details on the stone? If you bought at retail you will need to go lower on the second-hand market.

Good luck!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
You could list it on loupetroop and/or diamond bistro and create a thread for it on the pre-loved forum.

Read this first

What are the details on the stone? If you bought at retail you will need to go lower on the second-hand market.

Good luck!

Thank you! I posted it on loupe troop. I can’t seem to get pictures to upload on diamond bistro though

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else have any advice for me? I have my eyes said on a 2ct. I have my diamond listed at a reasonable price but it’s a unique stone so it takes the right person. I want to sell it ASAP as I’m afraid the other stone will sell. I’ve got it on eBay and loupe troop. I had to price it a bit high on eBay though because of the stupid fees. I can’t get photos to upload on diamond bistro

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It is probably going to take time. It's a lower colored stone, and some may not love that. It's also a lab that many US buyers are not familiar with.

I would contact Jewels by Grace about consignment or maybe Old World Diamonds to see if they could help you sell it.

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anyone else have any advice for me? I have my eyes said on a 2ct. I have my diamond listed at a reasonable price but it’s a unique stone so it takes the right person. I want to sell it ASAP as I’m afraid the other stone will sell. I’ve got it on eBay and loupe troop. I had to price it a bit high on eBay though because of the stupid fees. I can’t get photos to upload on diamond bistro

I managed to sell my Diamond Ring via Loupe Troup & PS Selling quite quickly & hassle free it was a 0.96ct H VS1 Marquise I advertised it for $3500 & got $3200 I think if the right person likes it you will easily sell it!

Don't worry too much & do it all Via PayPal just make sure you account for the Fees but use PayPal only it's safer for both parties.

I can't recommend PS Selling or Loupe Troup enough!

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
I think it would be hard to sell this diamond quickly because it’s a more unique stone. Which is perfect for the right buyer, but that won’t be the majority of people looking for a stone. It’s a cut that isn’t as commercially popular, it’s a lower color grade and it’s certified by a lab many people in the US haven’t heard of. Have you had it appraised? That might help if you can document it’s worth vs. the price you are asking for it. Usually if you want to sell anything quickly, you need to be willing to budge more significantly on price than if you have the time to wait for the right buyer.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Loving all of the advice!!!! Thank you all. It’s such an amazing stone in my eyes that I forget that a lot of people don’t care for warm stones or antique stones. I might consider sending it to gia but I think I’m probably going to just let it sit for a few more weeks and then have it set like I originally planned to. I absolutely love the stone I just got a bit googly eyed over an even warmer 2ct

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It’s a beautiful stone. What kind of setting were you thinking of? With its color and cut style, it would look great in a Georgian collet or a black rhodium milgrain.

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Loving all of the advice!!!! Thank you all. It’s such an amazing stone in my eyes that I forget that a lot of people don’t care for warm stones or antique stones. I might consider sending it to gia but I think I’m probably going to just let it sit for a few more weeks and then have it set like I originally planned to. I absolutely love the stone I just got a bit googly eyed over an even warmer 2ct

I think your stone is beautiful - It has such a unique & pleasing shape and still has lots of brightness it faces up very White & has gorgeous Facet structure...I do think you may struggle selling it with the DPL Cert my Stone was IGI Mumbai Graded even ppl were concerned about that I think in the long run it would be prudent to have it Graded by the GIA

Saying that its a stunning stone & I'd be hard pushed to part with it!

Good luck whatever you decide ❤️

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a beautiful stone. What kind of setting were you thinking of? With its color and cut style, it would look great in a Georgian collet or a black rhodium milgrain.

Omg yes!!! A collet style is definitely on my mind. I’m torn between that, an 8 prong crown setting (yellow gold) and a brushed finish bezel! My inspiration rings are from Victor Barbone! I’d have them set it if they worked with customer stones. As much as I was excited by the larger stone I was planning on getting, I definitely won’t be upset if I don’t sell it. I can’t wait to set it! I’ll share pics once it’s finished!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I love V. Barbone’s style too. The brushed matte finish they use is a beautiful foil for old cuts. Are you doing a ring or a pendant?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I think your stone is beautiful - It has such a unique & pleasing shape and still has lots of brightness it faces up very White & has gorgeous Facet structure...I do think you may struggle selling it with the DPL Cert my Stone was IGI Mumbai Graded even ppl were concerned about that I think in the long run it would be prudent to have it Graded by the GIA

Saying that its a stunning stone & I'd be hard pushed to part with it!

Good luck whatever you decide ❤

Absolutely, I was concerned buying it with a dpl cert until I did my research on dpl. The stone is insane in person but it honestly doesn’t photograph well. It’s a total chameleon depending on the metal. I prefer playing up the warmth. The warmer the better in my opinion. I’ve had so many people interested in it but nobody has actually purchased it. I’ll give it a week or so and then I’ll set it. I’m sure the right buyer will snatch it up when they see it just as I did but I’m to eager to set it or upgrade that I’m not willing to wait. Patience is not my strong suit. She’ll look like a million bucks set but I know once she’s set and on my finger I’ll never part with her.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I love V. Barbone’s style too. The brushed matte finish they use is a beautiful foil for old cuts. Are you doing a ring or a pendant?

Ring!!! I’m obsessed with their rings! There is a Barcelona setting they had that had a stone that looks almost identical to her! I’m most likely going matte finish

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If I had that stone, I’d have it certified first (I did this with my own best stone), then send to David Klass for the setting. Just my opinion. Best wishes!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would the place that has the ring that you want take your diamond as a partial trade? Although I'd love to see your stone set, it's very, very beautiful :kiss2: I love how unique it is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results