shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling Diamond Ring

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers, I have seen a couple of postings on selling diamonds and/or diamond rings. Looks like LT and consignment are the ways to go. Question, does anyone know of any consignments? I’ve sold lots of things on EBay, but it scares me to put this ring on Ebay. Any other suggestions? Thank you

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Are you planning on buying another diamond?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wrote an article some time ago about this topic that may be helpful.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered doing a trade-in toward getting the diamond that you want?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered doing a trade-in toward getting the diamond that you want?

Yes, but it would only be a Trade Up to another Elyque, I want a RB, or H&As, or OEC.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You could take your stone to another retailer... it doesn't have to be to where you purchased it. Why do you want to get a round stone now?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
You could take your stone to another retailer... it doesn't have to be to where you purchased it. Why do you want to get a round stone now?

i fell in love with the Dahlia setting while the Elyque was being remade.
If I got a Dahlia setting for the Elyque, it does not look as good as it would with an Oval OEC, or Round OEC.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In regards to selling on eBay I have used them to sell a vehicle for about $25k. I had mixed results.

First, I set a reserve. Secondly I was very specific about pay terms, pick up, etc. To generate interest I started bidding at buck and listed the ad in a few Jeep forums I actively participated in.

I had lots of interest and bidding shot up rather quick to around $15k. About the same time a buddy sent me a link where someone had dupilcated my eBay listing and had people bidding on the fake ad. I reported and eBay removed the fake ad. It slowed my traffic but it picked back up.

Around the $19k mark I had a local interested buyer contact me and he made a full price offer. Because I had fully disclosed the vehicle was also for sale locally and I reserved the right to cancel the sale, I did just that and sold to him instead.

I've not sold a diamond or jewelry product in eBay but in fairness that was the last higher dollar product I sold as well. In fact I stopped selling via eBay as I felt their pricing structure was not advantageous.

I do still sell some stuff via Craigslist. As a guy I feel a little safer doing this but use good common sense and try to meet people in public spaces, etc as opposed to having people come to my home.

I did one deal that had me a little nervous. I traded an old Xbox for a WW2 gun with Nazi stampings. The deal was lopsided in my favor so I was extremely cautious since a firearm was involved. I normally carry anyhow but I had a buddy nearby as additional backup if needed.

Overall, I've had mostly good luck with both eBay and Craigslist. But if you can find a fair consignment fee that is much less hassle IMO and they may have more interested and capable contacts than you.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sure I could have gone the eBay route or Craigslist for more money, but decided to go back where it was purchased. It wasn’t a fantastic deal but I did get more money than I thought. I also purchased another ring too with money in my pocket. It doesn’t hurt to start looking and seeing what your best offer is.

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
I’m sure I could have gone the eBay route or Craigslist for more money, but decided to go back where it was purchased. It wasn’t a fantastic deal but I did get more money than I thought. I also purchased another ring too with money in my pocket. It doesn’t hurt to start looking and seeing what your best offer is.

If I go back to where it was purchased, the only thing that is available to me is to trade up, and trade up is for a bigger Elyque only.
You were very lucky in being able to purchase another ring.
so I’m trying to see if anyone is interested, especially since there are many AV followers and for his Elyque.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results