shape
carat
color
clarity

selling a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond1

Rough_Rock
Are there any better avenues for selling a ring? I do not want to deal with Ebay or unscrupulous people (jewelers). My friends or family do have a need for a ring at this time. How do legitimate and honest people try to sell their rings. Of course, I bought a Tiffany and I know I paid too much!!!:wink2: and realize that I won't get all my money back.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not all jewelers are crooks....Some are and most are not.
All jewelers who buy unwanted jewelry pay no more than wholesale. They pay less if they can. That's how they make a buck and it is what makes capitalism work. It may not be too kind, but it is the free market at work.

You will find lots of people would like a Tiffany & Co ring for less than you paid. You might be able to retail is successfully on Ebay because people hunt for name brand items there. That would be a smart way to attempt to sell it before you go to jewelers like me who will undoubtedly offer you an insultingly low amount and who will make YOU think they are all crooks. It may not be the case, but your perception is what you will have to go on. Lots of luck in finding a fair buyer and a decent price level.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results