shape
carat
color
clarity

seeking opinion/advice/suggestion on my stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jxl

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone, I found this website around New Year. Since then I come here very often to learn about diamond and online diamond shopping experience. This is my 1st post here.

Basically I decided to reward myself something this year, and chose to go with a rock -- make a pendant.
I wanted to finish my mission before New Year. Then I found this site. So I gave myself two more weeks to learn and absorb some of knowledge provided here. Anyway, my work is getting busy, and my stone shopping is becoming stressful. I almost wanted to give up, but my husband said I would waste all the knowledge you just learned. So I continue my searching ...

Luckily I found a stone I like based on paper today. I hope this ends my search. I feel pretty good on this one and already requested it via one of PS online vendors, but I still like to hear your expert opinion on this stone -- thanks in advanced.
E, VS1, 1.38 with GIA cert
Depth 61.5%,
Table 57%,
Crown angle 34,
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Excellent in cut, polish, Symmetry
HCA 1.1 (ex,ex,ex,vg)

This stone is better and bigger than the one I have on my egagement ring (H,1.08 carat). Someone is suggesting to put this new stone on my ring and use H1.08 stone for my pendant. It sounds like a good idea.
My ring has simple Tiffany 6-prong platinum setting. It has matching simple platinum wedding band. I have both for 8 years so far. so I like to keep the ring. My question is if it''s safe to change the stone basket only to hold the new bigger rock. Should I purchase a new ring setting for this new rock?

Thank you.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I believe they can change out just the head to accomodate the bigger diamond so you can keep the rest of the ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif

This diamond should look great - good choice and good for you with treating yourself! Sure, you could swap out the new diamond for your e-ring and wear the original close to your heart in a pendant, you need to check your setting out with your jeweller to see if the original head can be reused or needs to be changed. Pics of everything when done please???
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
most of the time its do-able, have a new head put on its not worth messing with the old one.
Even if it stretches big enough the notches often wont match right and it has wear and tear a new head if at all possible is the best option.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Or if you can afford a E/VS1 in that size - you probably can afford a new setting!

Should be an great stone.

jxl

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the response. I will go with the "change head" option.

tanalasta, I like to keep the ring since it''s with me for 8 years. But if "Change head" is not a good option, I will buy a new setting. Thanks.

I received the IS images from the vendor. It looks good to me -- well, every IS image I looked so far over internet all looked good to me.;-((

Yes, I did say hoping this one would end my search. But I will be realistic based on the fact. Please please let me know how you think about this one. Can you see the inclusion from the enlarged diamond image? worth to pay >12K for this one? I am going to make purchase tomorrow. This is my 1st time diamond purchase on internet. Before I came to this forum, I would never do it. I really need some input.

I am thinking to take the stone to the GIA lab for verification and laser inscription, but the vendor said if I put laser inscription on, then it will not qualify for the trade-up. The stone becomes mine. why? I thought this is a good way to identify the stone. I don''t quite get it...

After receive and inspect the stone, will you send the stone (together with my own ring and stone) back to the vendor to do the setting? another round trip shipping -- don''t know how much it costs. I am in NJ. any recommendation for a local jewelers in NJ/NY? Thanks.

361096681_2a60a4e1d2_o.jpg

361096678_cb37b1f9d6_o.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good.

There''s a reason why all the IS pictures you see are nice. It''s a good thing.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Beautiful!
36.gif

jxl

Rough_Rock
Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results