shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking NOMISSJANE - fellow Aussie considering VC setting!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
I stumbled upon your series of posts re setting your rb in the VC emilya.

I too am in australia (Brisbane) and have a princess's centre that I'm hoping to reset. I'm honestly too nervous I think to post and reading about all the taxes etc.... I'm considering having the setting made without sending my stone....

I'd love to hear from you about your process and see pictures.

Hopefully you see this!!

nottospec

Shiny_Rock

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Seeking NOMISSJANE - fellow Aussie considering VC settin

Hi nottospec!! I've been following her posts too!!! The shape isn't quite what i want though.... I'm thinking of a VC halo but with tapered baguette sides now..... Diamonds are far too time consuming..... :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi laurenk!
I am located in Europe (the Netherlands) and VC made my Sophia ring without the center stone. The Sophia is a solitaire with french cut sides however and my OEC center stone is relatively symmetrical. It's probably not possible to have the Emilya made without the center stone. You can contact Victor about this; he is a very friendly and amazing guy. And Paige, his sales director, is amazing as well.

Arkieb1 is also from Australia and she has several VC pieces. She knows a lot about the customs processes. I will email her and ask her to come over.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1405186895|3712079 said:
Hi laurenk!
I am located in Europe (the Netherlands) and VC made my Sophia ring without the center stone. The Sophia is a solitaire with french cut sides however and my OEC center stone is relatively symmetrical. It's probably not possible to have the Emilya made without the center stone. You can contact Victor about this; he is a very friendly and amazing guy. And Paige, his sales director, is amazing as well.

Arkieb1 is also from Australia and she has several VC pieces. She knows a lot about the customs processes. I will email her and ask her to come over.
Hello! Thank you so much, id love to get some more info re this. I think if I can use VC is be very wise to do so.... Your ring is devine! VC seems to me the master though funnily enough was the least expensive of the big 3 (SK and LM)

:)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi what style ring are you ordering and you have a princess centre is that correct? Victor has made a setting for me without the centre stone, generally as a rule he doesn't do it that way but it depends on the dimensions of your stone (which you should have) and the style/type of ring he is making for you. If you are fussy about everything it is far far easier to get Victor to set the stone, do the prongs and the complete ring....

The biggest hassle you have is getting the centre diamond over to the US the only people that will insure something that is over $5000USD are Brinks and Malca Almit and that costs max $$$$$s it is probably cheaper to take the stone & have a nice holiday.

If you get a setting made without the centre stone then you have to find someone here that can do fine prongs. No-one here does prongs the same as Victor, even the high end stores don't get them anywhere near P/S levels here...... I had the young guy - the setter from the Cleveland store who works for Steven Dibb do mine. I have been told he and the setter who lives on the Gold Coast who works for Canturi are the best two setters in this area, I looked at a lot of prongs and rings before I let anyone touch my ring. Steven Dibb and Canturi specifically tell their staff to do large rounded end prongs so they do not catch on anything, but they can attempt to do what you want if you show them examples. They do a half decent job but it is not exactly the same as Victor's work. The only other people I have seen with decent fine prongs are some pieces in the Diamonds International stores, but I have no idea if they have a fantastic jeweller or if some of the pieces were made overseas (I suspect possibly both).

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

arkieb1|1405219444|3712287 said:
Hi what style ring are you ordering and you have a princess centre is that correct? Victor has made a setting for me without the centre stone, generally as a rule he doesn't do it that way but it depends on the dimensions of your stone (which you should have) and the style/type of ring he is making for you. If you are fussy about everything it is far far easier to get Victor to set the stone, do the prongs and the complete ring....

The biggest hassle you have is getting the centre diamond over to the US the only people that will insure something that is over $5000USD are Brinks and Malca Almit and that costs max $$$$$s it is probably cheaper to take the stone & have a nice holiday.

If you get a setting made without the centre stone then you have to find someone here that can do fine prongs. No-one here does prongs the same as Victor, even the high end stores don't get them anywhere near P/S levels here...... I had the young guy - the setter from the Cleveland store who works for Steven Dibb do mine. I have been told he and the setter who lives on the Gold Coast who works for Canturi are the best two setters in this area, I looked at a lot of prongs and rings before I let anyone touch my ring. Steven Dibb and Canturi specifically tell their staff to do large rounded end prongs so they do not catch on anything, but they can attempt to do what you want if you show them examples. They do a half decent job but it is not exactly the same as Victor's work. The only other people I have seen with decent fine prongs are some pieces in the Diamonds International stores, but I have no idea if they have a fantastic jeweller or if some of the pieces were made overseas (I suspect possibly both).

Hi Arkieb1! I just found you'd replied to this thread also. Thanks so much for the info above. I'm actually going to call my insurance company tomorrow as my ring is insured anywhere in the world (if I were traveling and lost it for example) so I'm wondering if they'll continue to insure it if it's in the post and not on my finger.

I met with jason at the holland park steven dibb store and he was lovely and knowledgable but I still didn't get the feeling he would pull off exactly what I wanted. I actually sent him a pic of lemondrops 2c princess halo by SK and he thought it was MY ring and commented "ohh I see why you want to have this reset" I stifled a giggle because I think SK did an outstanding job on lemondrops halo. Hehe.

I'm really enjoying talking to mark at erd (he's so obliging even though he's on holidays....)

Would you trust steven dibb at Cleveland to actually create a halo? Another thing Jason mentioned is they do not allow you (the client) to see any cads..... This struck me as so strange, how do you know what to tweak of change?

Why don't we have fabulous jewellers here? I emailed holloway re jewellers but am yet to hear back.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Call Gary if you haven't gotten an email yet.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1405243328|3712404 said:
Call Gary if you haven't gotten an email yet.
I will first thing tomorrow morning (it's Sunday night here)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results