shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Appraiser/Sarin Scan in NYC Area

gemshow

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'd like to have a vintage diamond carefully removed from its mounting, appraised by a highly skilled appraiser and scanned with a sarin machine to begin evaluation for a potential recut.

(background here) https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-to-reset-should-i-consider-recutting.283219/

Can any PSers recommend a talented expert appraiser and/or facility where I can have a full Sarin scan in the NYC area (or surrounding suburbs)?
Do I need to make a separate trip to a jeweler first to remove the diamond from its setting? Or is there a facility that could take care of all of this for me in one shot?

Thank you!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Ask @Rhino Jonathan at Distinctive Gem. I know he has Sarin, but I don’t know where he’s located exactly. However, I’m sure he would know who does have that kind of equipment in NYC. I believe he used to work out of Good Old Hold in Massapequa. You can contact him through his website. Great customer service!

And what a lovely inheritance (although I’m sorry for your loss). What a beautiful diamond adventure you’re on now!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask @Rhino Jonathan at Distinctive Gem. I know he has Sarin, but I don’t know where he’s located exactly. However, I’m sure he would know who does have that kind of equipment in NYC. I believe he used to work out of Good Old Hold in Massapequa. You can contact him through his website. Great customer service!

And what a lovely inheritance (although I’m sorry for your loss). What a beautiful diamond adventure you’re on now!

FWIW.
It's not "Good Old Hold".
It's Good Old Gold.
:)) :wavey:

Jonathan's a good guy.
He sold me my Octavias.

gemshow

Rough_Rock
Premium

Thank you! My original e-ring is an August Vintage Cushion from GOG in Massapequa, I wasn't involved in the purchase but think it was during Jonathan's time there.

I will definitely reach out to him!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! My original e-ring is an August Vintage Cushion from GOG in Massapequa, I wasn't involved in the purchase but think it was during Jonathan's time there.

I will definitely reach out to him!

I don’t think he is an appraiser by trade and since he sells diamonds he would not be considered independent. I might lean towards a company that is those things. Oldminers suggestion sounds good. I’ve heard of that company.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results