shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice for my first Fancy Pink Diamond Purchase

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi StarWarsChick,

i wanted to chime in to say - what an exciting journey. I am in the land down under, and from my recent research; Leibish and other overeas vendors will have better value for the pinks/ carat compared with AUS vendors. Even Argyles are cheaper overseas, and i am from Western Australia, where they mine the damn stones!!!!

you know what colour speaks to you, so choose that colour.

It seems that you like the 0.17ct round generic FIPuP (3.44-3.49x2.19) and the 0.17ct argyle radiant FIPuP (2.72x3.27x2). they are the colours that i like as well. There are some FIP that i also like. With your budget, i would choose the biggest stone in the colour that you like.

disclaimer.. i am not a round person so i dont know much about the performance of rounds in terms of FCD or in general. I prefer step cuts and squares/ rectangular shape...but i can appreciate, right???? heheheh.

in the 2 that you have chosen as your preference to date with budget in mind: one has an argyle certificate and one doesn't- would that bother you? if it doesn't then the round i better value- it is bigger in appearance (meaurements posted above) as TL has posted.

If you choosing for colour of the stones, i was advised from other PS members to look at the stones in the boxes for better understanding of the colour. with the radiant argyle- it has colour edge to edge. With the round the colour tends to fade/ leak at the edges- maybe that is the cut it self.

How were you planning to set it? that may help with the final decision???

Keep hunting if nothing speaks to you.. i mean grabs you from the screen and hits you on the head kinda grabbing you... :)

StarWarsChick

Rough_Rock
gregchang35|1422850392|3825794 said:
Hi StarWarsChick,

i wanted to chime in to say - what an exciting journey. I am in the land down under, and from my recent research; Leibish and other overeas vendors will have better value for the pinks/ carat compared with AUS vendors. Even Argyles are cheaper overseas, and i am from Western Australia, where they mine the damn stones!!!!

you know what colour speaks to you, so choose that colour.

It seems that you like the 0.17ct round generic FIPuP (3.44-3.49x2.19) and the 0.17ct argyle radiant FIPuP (2.72x3.27x2). they are the colours that i like as well. There are some FIP that i also like. With your budget, i would choose the biggest stone in the colour that you like.

disclaimer.. i am not a round person so i dont know much about the performance of rounds in terms of FCD or in general. I prefer step cuts and squares/ rectangular shape...but i can appreciate, right???? heheheh.

in the 2 that you have chosen as your preference to date with budget in mind: one has an argyle certificate and one doesn't- would that bother you? if it doesn't then the round i better value- it is bigger in appearance (meaurements posted above) as TL has posted.

If you choosing for colour of the stones, i was advised from other PS members to look at the stones in the boxes for better understanding of the colour. with the radiant argyle- it has colour edge to edge. With the round the colour tends to fade/ leak at the edges- maybe that is the cut it self.

How were you planning to set it? that may help with the final decision???

Keep hunting if nothing speaks to you.. i mean grabs you from the screen and hits you on the head kinda grabbing you... :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I am starting to feel the same way and am now looking foe the largest stones in the colors and shapes that appeal to me. At this point I think I have it down to 3:
http://www.leibish.com/pink-diamond/041ct-fancy-intense-orangy-pink-pear-si1-117061-18166 , http://www.leibish.com/pink-diamond/043ct-fancy-orangy-pink-emerald-si1-142621-19905 and http://www.leibish.com/pink-diamond/017ct-fancy-intense-purplish-pink-radiant-vvs2-138810-19631

The setting that I want to utilize ( I realize for a pear will look different), is this one: http://www.leibish.com/rings-jewelry/fancy-purplish-red-4518 but in white gold. I just love all the little details with this one. I am contemplating doing a double halo, esp if I choose the smallest stone. I just worry I will be disappointed if I go with the smallest one as I fear I will be upset I paid such a price for something so small, despite the color, clarity, and pedigree.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Marlow|1422850891|3825797 said:
http://www.original-diamonds.com/gallery_collection.php?type=Grey

They offer the Leibish diamonds in australia.

that is good to know. i will check it out later...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! I've been attracted to FCD myself lately!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
The pear is nice, and faces up big.
The asscher is kind of light and brownish, I don't like it.
The radiant is my favourite, but significantly smaller than the orangey pink pear.

Do leibish set outside stones? Probably not, but if they do i think the LT one i posted earlier is still a great option for size and considering it has no orange modifier (unless you prefer an orange modifier of course)

The setting you have in mind is gorgeous, you're going to have a spectacular ring. I think rose gold is supposed to strengthen pink colour, so having a rose gold cup around the fcd is something to consider. Others who know more about setting will have lots to add.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1422740213|3825142 said:
Just look at the Loupetroop seller I linked above. He definitely paid more than 12k for that stone.

LK,
The reason that lovely 0.34 ct FIP isn't selling is because most PSers know that he bought it for slightly less than $7K and is trying to sell it for $12K.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of the three, the radiant would be my choice. Superb cutting and colouration. The pear has a strange looking sparkle due to the cut. The asscher has a poor cut so it is leaking all over the place, which doesn't help the barely there light colour to begin with.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Of the 3 u have chosen, the colours are all different and therforE pricing is differnrt. To make it easier, try and stick with the similar grading so that you can then truly compare the stones. At the moment, the colours are quite differnrt - orange modifier with varying intensities and a purple in pink. To me- they are 3 distinctly different colours. However, it is your eye and your taste... And, colour that jumps out at you are the colours that jump out at you.

With this line up- I agree with chrono ( :wavey: ) Radiant is my choice. I do not like the asscher cos of the colour n the cut- yes it is leaky and therefore it will not be reflecting light well. Pear has an interesting shape- I prefer slightly longer dimensions, in a chubby kind of way: like thenshape of antique pears. I hope that makes sense.

These 3 also have a large price range: from $10k - $20k... Did your budget of $10k with SOME wriggle room change? Lol!!! :cheeky:
If u have the funds- go for it..
However, it is your choice. Whichever colour of pink jumps out at you is the colour that jumps out at you.

I haven't had a chance to look at the site of late, so i could not recommend any. The pink purple cushion is really nice but it is a bit more purple for my preference. I agree with chrono in respect to being eye clean. It is also a nice size

Good to know about the LT listing of that pink!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1422882063|3825909 said:
Just look at the Loupetroop seller I linked above. He definitely paid more than 12k for that stone.

LK,
The reason that lovely 0.34 ct FIP isn't selling is because most PSers know that he bought it slightly less than $7K and is trying to sell it for $12K.

Oh, I didn't know. It seems most FIPs of that weight seem to go for more. Like this 26 pointer is 15.7k. :confused:
http://www.leibish.com/pink-diamond/026ct-fancy-intense-purplish-pink-marquise-si2-124546-18577

Also, Chrono, about the weird centre of the pear, i see that occurs in most round fcds, too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leibish offers a 30 day no questions asked full refund. The secondhand seller offers only a 3 day review/return. Secondly, the Leibish stone has an Argyle inscription whilst the LT seller's FCD doesn't. Thirdly, Leibish offers free shipping and you might be able to negotiate better pricing on their inventory.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1422885144|3825932 said:
Leibish offers a 30 day no questions asked full refund. The secondhand seller offers only a 3 day review/return. Secondly, the Leibish stone has an Argyle inscription whilst the LT seller's FCD doesn't. Thirdly, Leibish offers free shipping and you might be able to negotiate better pricing on their inventory.

Okay, that makes sense, thanks for explaining.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1422885144|3825932 said:

And.....

If you live in european community ( here Germany) you have to pay no taxes if you buy it for example in Belgium.

From USA to Germany 19% + 19% (Diamond, ruby, sapphire, alexandrite, emerald) = 38 % !!!!!

That's I think why they have internet stores in europe, Australia and Hongkong.

------

The LT diamond is beautiful too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

LK,
The reason that lovely 0.34 ct FIP isn't selling is because most PSers know that he bought it for slightly less than $7K and is trying to sell it for $12K.

and originally listed for $16K.......?

does this seller go by the same name here on pricescope?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1422896332|3826037 said:

LK,

and originally listed for $16K.......?

does this seller go by the same name here on pricescope?

I made a mistake; originally 14.5k.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/0-34ct-fancy-intense-pink-oval-cut-diamond-gia-certified-t207131.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/0-34ct-fancy-intense-pink-oval-cut-diamond-gia-certified-t207131.html[/URL]

Ah I now see the posts on his thread regarding the price he paid vs the price he's offering it for. I saw the thread before that discussion took place.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I've bought from reddiam before. They have some nice diamonds.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That vivid is very nice.

They had a stunning green diamond once.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Red Diam's pictures on their website are different than when you request a picture. Didn't buy because of the difference so can't say which is more accurate.

Here are a couple more. I've bought from Diamond Envy and they are good. Video's are more accurate than the pictures. Pictures are punched up. Might be worth contacting to see what they have and what the prices on these are.

http://www.diamondenvy.com/0-25-carat-radiant-cut-natural-fancy-intense-purplish-pink-diamond.html
http://www.diamondenvy.com/0-26-carat-vvs1-radiant-cut-natural-fancy-intense-pink-diamond.html

StarWarsChick

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! I finally got hubby's input as I just couldn't make a decision and we looked at a lot of diamonds and settings I currently have a .4ct yellow cushion cut diamond and he felt anything smaller than that was just ridiculous. So we chose http://www.leibish.com/pink-diamond/041ct-fancy-intense-orangy-pink-pear-si1-117061-18166 and are doing this setting: http://www.leibish.com/rings-jewelry/fancy-purplish-red-4518 and here is a quick mock up they did for me: They really gave me a very good price and got me pretty close to my budget. They have been incredibly patient and accomodating. I can't wait to get this made and will be sure to post photos here!

my_30.jpg

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
can't wait! :appl:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and hope the ring will be everything you wished for! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results