shape
carat
color
clarity

secure settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeeyun

Rough_Rock
Hello. My fiance and I need some advice about settings. Does a 6-prong setting offer the best security? Would we be risking a lot if we chose a tension setting?My fiance just saw a very sleek looking setting at a jeweler's. It's the Klecka domed floater. There's a picture of it at http://www.klecka.com The sales person insisted that it was designed to be VERY secure, though it leaves a large percentage of the diamond exposed. Does this setting look risky?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Klecka has a great reputation-I would go for it!
smile.gif

jeeyun

Rough_Rock
I emailed Paul Klecka, and he (or the people who handle his email) sent me a reply explaining that his floater is not a tension setting. He further stated that "the secret of the Floater is that it is a channel setting where all non-essential metal has been removed giving the illusion that it is floating." And that "in contrast to the tension ring, because there is a gallery beneath the diamond, we are able to size, tighten, and service our rings well beyond the capabilities of the tension design."And I thought choosing diamonds was complicated enough. Maybe I should keep it simple and stick with a 6-prong tiffany setting.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I thought there were channels and not a tension set. It seems like a great option.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results