Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

secure settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeeyun

Rough_Rock
Hello. My fiance and I need some advice about settings. Does a 6-prong setting offer the best security? Would we be risking a lot if we chose a tension setting?My fiance just saw a very sleek looking setting at a jeweler's. It's the Klecka domed floater. There's a picture of it at http://www.klecka.com The sales person insisted that it was designed to be VERY secure, though it leaves a large percentage of the diamond exposed. Does this setting look risky?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Klecka has a great reputation-I would go for it!

jeeyun

Rough_Rock
I emailed Paul Klecka, and he (or the people who handle his email) sent me a reply explaining that his floater is not a tension setting. He further stated that "the secret of the Floater is that it is a channel setting where all non-essential metal has been removed giving the illusion that it is floating." And that "in contrast to the tension ring, because there is a gallery beneath the diamond, we are able to size, tighten, and service our rings well beyond the capabilities of the tension design."And I thought choosing diamonds was complicated enough. Maybe I should keep it simple and stick with a 6-prong tiffany setting.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I thought there were channels and not a tension set. It seems like a great option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.