Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Secure portable ring box....

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 12, 2011
Messages
956
Hi
I would love ideas about ring boxes that are secure and portable. I have my Victor Canera box which I use at home but would love something small and portable to keep in my handbag. Something that won't open on its own etc.... I have a Mrs Box but the lid falls off all the time. I just want something I can pop my ring in if I'm out (and need to remove it) and be sure it's safe and secure....
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,276
If I need to take my rings off before a manicure (which is the only time I ever take my rings off when not at home, I keep one or two of these silk zipper/snap jewelry pouches in the zipper compartment of my purse. I actually have a size smaller than these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Silk-Pouch-Purse-Gift-Bag-Jewellery-Bags-Jewelry-Chinese-FASHION-12x-SET-/331921514786?hash=item4d48106122:g:o6wAAOSwZVlXmcYz

There are tons of other pretty styles of these, but I wasn't having luck finding the small size. Just takes some time to look through the listings.
 

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 20, 2016
Messages
5,022
diamondseeker2006. I've used something similar, just with a zipper for added security. But, I have tiny bag and wanted to have a bit more of a firm carrier, with enough space for all my jeweler when I'm getting a massage. So, I've switched to an ear-bud carrier. I tuck my rings in the little mesh area (inside a silk bag) and stack the rest of my items in the main area with a little quilt wadding/batting to pad the jewelry within. They do take a long time for shipping, so I usually buy 10 or so and keep them for holiday gifts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Zipper-Earphone-Headphone-SD-Card-Jewelry-Storage-Bag-Box-Carrying-Pouch-/381311789860?var=&hash=item58c7f42b24:m:mVNyHX5soELDjuy67jUz-RA
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,276
rockysalamander|1472393366|4070855 said:
diamondseeker2006. I've used something similar, just with a zipper for added security. But, I have tiny bag and wanted to have a bit more of a firm carrier, with enough space for all my jeweler when I'm getting a massage. So, I've switched to an ear-bud carrier. I tuck my rings in the little mesh area (inside a silk bag) and stack the rest of my items in the main area with a little quilt wadding/batting to pad the jewelry within. They do take a long time for shipping, so I usually buy 10 or so and keep them for holiday gifts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Zipper-Earphone-Headphone-SD-Card-Jewelry-Storage-Bag-Box-Carrying-Pouch-/381311789860?var=&hash=item58c7f42b24:m:mVNyHX5soELDjuy67jUz-RA
Oh my gosh, those are adorable and perfect! I am going to order some! Thank you! :appl:
 

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 12, 2011
Messages
956
Thank you ladies!!!

Diamondseeker - I do have some of your silk purse type ones and love them!

Rockysalamander - these are perfect!! Something a little harder so I can chuck it in my handbag and not worry about my rings. Yay! I'll be ordering mine too!!
 

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 20, 2016
Messages
5,022
And...because I'm among friends who will understand my paranoia :oops: . I'll admit that I put a split-ring where the zipper tab and zipper meet. I use that to attached the carrier to a pacifier/nuk/binki keeper that is then clipped securely to the inside of my purse.

I use a home-made version, but it looks just like these.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246038393/super-sale-set-of-3-modern-triangle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pacifier%20clip&ref=sr_gallery_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268392723/pacifier-clip-paci-clip-binky-clip?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pacifier%20clip&ref=sr_gallery_2

Any sort of cord will work. Here is a more stylish one with braided leather.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/229829445/white-braided-leather-pacifier-clip?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pacifier%20clip&ref=sr_gallery_24
 

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
13,428
rockysalamander|1472424976|4070995 said:
And...because I'm among friends who will understand my paranoia :oops: . I'll admit that I put a split-ring where the zipper tab and zipper meet. I use that to attached the carrier to a pacifier/nuk/binki keeper that is then clipped securely to the inside of my purse.

I use a home-made version, but it looks just like these.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246038393/super-sale-set-of-3-modern-triangle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pacifier%20clip&ref=sr_gallery_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268392723/pacifier-clip-paci-clip-binky-clip?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pacifier%20clip&ref=sr_gallery_2

Any sort of cord will work. Here is a more stylish one with braided leather.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/229829445/white-braided-leather-pacifier-clip?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pacifier%20clip&ref=sr_gallery_24

Wait... I'm missing this... what do you clip to what inside your purse... ?
 

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
1,298
http://lionlatch.com/

I just wished that it came with some sort of liner in it since I'd rather not have my jewels banging around plastic
 

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 12, 2011
Messages
956
Resonance.Of.Life|1472440443|4071081 said:
http://lionlatch.com/

I just wished that it came with some sort of liner in it since I'd rather not have my jewels banging around plastic
Ohh these are fabulous too!! Could you glue some velvet or something inside?
 

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
1,298
I suppose. I'm sure a PSer will come up with something better.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
I am such a bad PSer: all my jewelry, not including my engagement ring, finds its way into my change purse at some point.
 

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 20, 2016
Messages
5,022
"Clipping it inside"
My purse has an inside zippered pocket. So, I clip the suspender-clip side of the binky holder to the edge of the inner pocket.

"lack of padding"
But, there is an Altoid hack that might suit if you a little bit crafty. Just be sure to decorate the outside of the altoids tin.

Ring box: http://leoniesinclair.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/turn-altoid-tin-into-ring-holder.html

No rings, but another approach using EVA foam.
http://pipehacker.com/2011/02/04/pipehacker-project-the-personal-reed-case/

Decorate the Exterior - search for "altered altoid tin"
http://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/altoid-gift-tins/

If you are not crafty, you can just buy the altoids box with the exterior decorated.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/256908600/altered-altoid-tin-treasure-box-gift-box?ref=market
https://www.etsy.com/listing/245395377/decorated-tin-for-hairpins-or-stitch-kit?ref=markethttps://www.etsy.com/listing/470854429/gold-silver-star-sparkle-tin?ref=market
 

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 4, 2015
Messages
666
rockysalamander|1472393366|4070855 said:
diamondseeker2006. I've used something similar, just with a zipper for added security. But, I have tiny bag and wanted to have a bit more of a firm carrier, with enough space for all my jeweler when I'm getting a massage. So, I've switched to an ear-bud carrier. I tuck my rings in the little mesh area (inside a silk bag) and stack the rest of my items in the main area with a little quilt wadding/batting to pad the jewelry within. They do take a long time for shipping, so I usually buy 10 or so and keep them for holiday gifts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Zipper-Earphone-Headphone-SD-Card-Jewelry-Storage-Bag-Box-Carrying-Pouch-/381311789860?var=&hash=item58c7f42b24:m:mVNyHX5soELDjuy67jUz-RA
I already have the silk purses but have always wanted something more robust for travel and have used self lined pill boxes however the headphone box is perfect and attractive.

Off to purchase now, thank you.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Three Yays for Cartier
    Three Yays for Cartier

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top