shape
carat
color
clarity

Second sparklie splurge - red spinel

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want the transition from the rose to the bag to be tapered, rather than rounded as shown. It looks like a pair of eyes and long nose right now.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want the transition from the rose to the bag to be tapered, rather than rounded as shown. It looks like a pair of eyes and long nose right now.
:lol-2: I thought the exact same thing! I said my drawing capabilities have improved; clearly there is still room for improvement. :lol: I cannot seem to get the 3D concept down very well, and have to comb the internet for pics from various angles to paste in & modify to reflect what I'm trying to convey. But it is fun in the process ... drawing things up. It's an enjoyable challenge. :wavey:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono: Is this what you mean about bringing the taper down further between the RCs & the ruby/shoulders? It still kind of looks like a bird or face to me, but I think that's because I cannot take into account that the ruby will actually come out and go down.
IMG_1575.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, don't like this one either....Not sure whether it is the angle. I need to think about this one.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Played with it a little more ... I suck at shading/shadows.
IMG_1578.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the design from some angles. At others it reminds me of the Sloth from Ice Age Movie... its not that its bad, it gives me the giggles tho

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen the movie, so just googled the sloth. You're right! :lol-2:

Thank God I am enlisting Caysie's talent on this so it hopefully results in a less 'sloth-like' appearance. :mrgreen:

IMG_1589.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results