shape
carat
color
clarity

Second guessing myself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I''ve been lurking for a little while and decided to ask for advice. I took the plunge a couple months ago and put a diamond on layaway at a local store. They were very helpful and let me see as many different diamonds as I wanted till I found one I fell in love with. Here are the numbers to maybe help ease my mind?

GIA Round brilliant
5.11x5.13x3.10
0.49 Carat
H
VS1
Cut: Exellent
Total depth: 60.5%
Table size: 59%
Crown angle: 35
Crown height: 14.0%
Pavillion angle: 40.8
Pavillion depth: 43%
Star length: 50%
Lower half: 75%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted (3.3%)
Culet: None
Polish/Sym: EX/EX
No Flour
Cost: $1400ish
It scored a 1.9 on the HCA

Did I do okay?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

It looks promising by the numbers but thats about all we can tell. If you wanted to make absolutely sure, you could order an ASET scope or Idealscope and check the diamond out with it yourself before the sale becomes final. Also see if you can check it out away from the store lights to see how it looks in plain daylight, check for any dark patches you can see on the surface of the diamond, especially around the table. The diamond could be perfectly fine however but best to check.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=23&ShowAdd=Y

Also compare it to some Hearts on Fire brand and some AGS0 cut grade ( Jareds sell these) to view some diamonds with a smaller table and of known cut quality to make sure of your preferences.

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock

Thanks for your help :) After we get paid again at the end of this week I''ll put in an order for an Idealscope. Also, my stone is supposed to be an H&A, but the store my diamond is at doesn''t have a Hearts and Arrows viewer...I''ve been trying to track one down on my own.

I visited a Jared''s and the lady helping me was very nice. She let me look and compare at whatever I wanted to, and she took a look at my cert. She also said it looked promising by the numbers, and that they couldn''t beat the price I got? I loved the AGS 0''s that they had, but it''s hard to compare when they''re not side by side

7.gif
I wish I could show pictures, but I don''t have a digital camera. That''s in Korea with my husband.

Anyone else have an opinion on my stone? I was wondering if because of the larger table, this would be considered a 60/60?

Thanks so much!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
It should be good from the numbers. 60/60 is just a proportion that getting a good light return is more difficult due to the smaller number of of angle combination available to that proportion. If it looks good to you in person, you like that kind of proportion, nothing wrong with that, some people prefer smaller tables some larger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results