color
clarity

Seattle Elementary teachers to wear BLM t-shirts in class

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Seattle Elementary teachers to wear BLM t-shirts in clas

ruby59|1476227860|4085900 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-tulsa-police-victim-pcp-system-died-42733904

This has just been released that an autopsy shows that the man shot to death in Tulsa had PCP in his system, which imo does support what the female police officer said. And another reason why we cannot rush to judgment until the facts are in.

Do we have all the facts now? Did he die from an overdose of PCP, not a bullet from the officer's gun?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1476228129|4085902 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-tulsa-police-victim-pcp-system-died-42733904

This has just been released that an autopsy shows that the man shot to death in Tulsa had PCP in his system, which imo does support what the female police officer said. And another reason why we cannot rush to judgment until the facts are in.

Do we have all the facts now? Did he die from an overdose of PCP, not a bullet from the officer's gun?

I have seen people on PCP who could not be restrained by 4 officers at once. They are a definite danger to themselves and others.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Was the officer in mortal danger because he was on PCP?

I saw the effects of it personally in the waiting room of a hospital when someone on it was brought in. He was out of control, extremely violent and unable to be reasoned with. And if he had a gun he would have been lethal to the bystanders around him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am very unhappy that when a UC Irvine group put together a symposium this weekend for developing solutions to race and policing that protesters made signs that said fvck the police, blue lives don't matter, and other nasty things. How do you make it better if when you try to have a dialogue, this is the response?

http://sites.uci.edu/raceandpolicing/

Quote:

“This protest was misguided and ignorant in every sense of the word,” Robert Petrosyan, Chairman Emeritus of the UCI College Republicans, told Campus Reform. “The Black Student Union protested an event held in response to their own concern about police brutality, and provided a real opportunity for direct dialogue with the police. However, what this event demonstrated was that dialogue was not what they wanted.”

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476230470|4085920 said:

We need the police to listen to BLM, we need blacks to trust police, they do not trust the police, they are fearful of being shot first, questions later.. both need to come to the table.

I am very happy this woman lived.

more info: https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/articles/229954006-Man-charged-in-beating-of-Chicago-officers/

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We need to listen to people who want to have an actual conversation and make things better. On both sides. This thug and people who chant Fvck the police are not those people that can have a rational conversation.

He was on PCP too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476228394|4085906 said:

I have seen people on PCP who could not be restrained by 4 officers at once. They are a definite danger to themselves and others.

As have we all. I have also seen people on PCP who simply fall on their bottoms. PCP does not make everyone violent. If one watches television and doesn't have a lot of experience with non-violent people who use drugs one might think everyone on PCP develops super strength and fights off ten brawny policemen each time he (and it will always be a male taking the drug) takes PCP. Such is not the case. PCP being in someone's system is not proof he was violent.

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb you have to admit your comment I addressed was snarky.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476250219|4086034 said:
Deb you have to admit your comment I addressed was snarky.

I do admit it was snarky. But it was aimed at what ruby said, which I thought was dismissive of the the facts. I thought she heard a mere snippet of the situation (namely the autopsy report) and posted as if the entire case had, now, been concluded. Given how annoyed I was at that, my comment was actually restrained. Had the matter been litigated, no one would have concluded that PCP in the victim's body was proof that he had performed a specific action while he was alive. It's a matter of principle not to let such an absurd statement stand. People cannot get used to thinking that everyone who uses PCP is a violent criminal like the characters they watch on police dramas. Some are just everyday, common, sad drug abusers like the new heroin addicts coming off opiates in our suburbs who are making headlines.

Deb

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I understand everything you wrote and I know you are passionate about it. I did not take her post as though the case was concluded but it does add a bit of information as to why the person might have been acting so. Just as I cannot know how he was acting, neither can you.

:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476283822|4086125 said:
I understand everything you wrote and I know you are passionate about it. I did not take her post as though the case was concluded but it does add a bit of information as to why the person might have been acting so. Just as I cannot know how he was acting, neither can you.

:wavey:

Very true. But if you read our exchange you will see that I never in any way asserted that I knew how the person was acting. The exchange is below. Ruby said that PCP was found in the victim's body and that that fact was good reason for us not to rush to judgment
previously as it supported what the female police officer had said.

In reply I asked Ruby if all the facts were now in. Had the cause of death changed, for instance. When is it determined that all the facts are in? Has the videotape been sufficiently analyzed? Are there anymore tapes out there that further boost the tape already in evidence? My question was perfectly reasonable. I want to know when the discovery process ends. When are the facts all in?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1476288521|4086159 said:
In reply I asked Ruby if all the facts were now in. Had the cause of death changed, for instance. When is it determined that all the facts are in? Has the videotape been sufficiently analyzed? Are there anymore tapes out there that further boost the tape already in evidence? My question was perfectly reasonable. I want to know when the discovery process ends. When are the facts all in?

Ok Deb. But really in reply you were snarky. You already admitted that. We will see eventually what has happened and it will be investigated as she has been charged with a crime.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476289967|4086168 said:
AGBF|1476288521|4086159 said:

Ok Deb. But really in reply you were snarky. You already admitted that. We will see eventually what has happened and it will be investigated as she has been charged with a crime.

Truce. I was snarky.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1476243769|4086002 said:
redwood66|1476228394|4085906 said:

As have we all. I have also seen people on PCP who simply fall on their bottoms. PCP does not make everyone violent. If one watches television and doesn't have a lot of experience with non-violent people who use drugs one might think everyone on PCP develops super strength and fights off ten brawny policemen each time he (and it will always be a male taking the drug) takes PCP. Such is not the case. PCP being in someone's system is not proof he was violent.

AGBF

He refused to obey the police officer's commands. So that made him dangerous.

Also, the female cop had just finished a training program on drugs, so she knew what was happening and was correct in her assumption.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

My post.

It obviously refers to the fact that people jumped to conclusion when the incident happened.

No where did I say or imply that him having PCP in his system means the officer is innocent.

It was merely another piece of the puzzle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results