shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a blue sapphire or spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.Few days ago i''ve opened a tread in the smtr section,about my "late" engagement ring.After having looked around I''ve end up decide that the diamond I want is definitely out of my budget.I don''t want to end with a microscopic stone,because I have to live with this ring for at least 10 years.
So i''ve start looking for a colored stone.My husband love the blues ones,but I don''t want an aqua because my promise ring was an aqua.
I found a ring that I really love and that is my "inspiration ring" in the eye candy topic,and is this
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/maiasappring9898.jpg(hope Missrocks don''t mind if I use her pic..her ring is too beautiful!)
I''ve asked for make a similar setting on the two store that you girls have linked in this tread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-cheapy-mccheaperon-ebay-mounting-seller.98166/;one have yet answer and he can made it to me for 700$.i''m waiting for the other one to answer,for see if he can make for a lower price.
My budget is really low,so if the setting have that price I can put in the stone 450,500$,not more.
I was searching for blue cushion sapphire or spinels.I have found some pretty sapphires here http://www.simplysapphires.com/ someone know this site?Their sapphires look pretty decent for me.
I''ve even looked for spinels,but I can''t find one that i really like.Maybe you girls can help me?there are other stonse that comes in a pretty blue,not too dark,and that sparkles?
Thank you!

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
ASU, I just finished a sapphire e ring so have a lot of recent research to draw from. If you dont mind heat treatment I think you will find success in your search, but it will take a LOT of looking. Not to find one in your budget, but to find one that talks or sings to you. There are many on here far more qualified than I am, but something about the blue spinel does not ring true to me. It is a really low carat price compared to like stones, which generally means something is not as it appears. JMO. Check Daniel Stairs website- he has some amazing prices for some pretty nice stones, and can cut from rough if what you need is not currently in stock.

Sapphire, Ruby

Asu

Shiny_Rock
thank you!I've yet checked his site,I've sent a mail to him this morning.Honestly I've falled in love with some pink stones I've seen on his site,but hubby don't like pink
39.gif
and even if now i'm really a "pink girl",i'm afraid that a day I can feel "sick" of pink.I want something more classic,so I've end up with blue
1.gif

Asu

Shiny_Rock
no one?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi! So what''s the total budget for the ring? Do you know what shape you''re looking for?

Asu

Shiny_Rock
I have around 1000,1100 usd.I know it's low,but is all I have.I can spend around 400,500 usd on the stone because for now the only ebay seller that have gived me an answer for the mount have offered me to make it for 700 usd,with vs diamonds,for .80 ct total(but with shipping with fedex included).The stone is going to be around 1.50ct,so it would be fine,I think.for 1 ct total he offered to make it for 800.
i receveid a mail from Daniel Stair and one from Gary Dutton.For beeing honest,I really like the spinel that I've linked before.He sent me others pics,and that stone really look totally blue,with just a bit of purple in some angles,but I love it.
I forget to add that the stone would be a cushion,maybe a roundish oval.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Check out the purple!

ETA: Um. The pic didn't show up. *sigh*

purplesappgd.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so you have a setting picked out for sure? For what shape?

Asu

Shiny_Rock
The first pic I linked is of the ring i used as an inspiration.I used to want that setting for a diamond,but I think that it would look better with a coloured stone.
That site is awesome,geckodani!I just fall in love with a lovely tanzanite and a beautiful pink spinel!Okay,maybe I have to focus on blues!ehehe
9.gif

Asu

Shiny_Rock
This site have some interesting stones,but the horribles pics and the fact that they pratically gives no informations on the stones make me feel a bit unsure.no one have purchased something from this site?
This spinel still lokk great to me.Gary dutton have sent me others pics and it''s really very blue.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Asu,

I'm guessing the stones you posted above will be quite dark in person.

Do you like the look of this one? It's a 1.15 ct sapphire.

115sapphire.jpg

Asu

Shiny_Rock
It look a pretty pretty blue!From what website is it?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 5:20:08 PM
Author: Asu
It look a pretty pretty blue!From what website is it?

Planetary Gems

They have quite a few blue sapphires. The first one on the sapphire page has a similar cut but is a bit deeper in color.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
This stone is really pretty,i''m really undecided now..
I even found this,that is roundish oval,but i really love the color

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI spinel is cheap because no one knows about it. It''s an unpopular gem, and that drops the price. It''s also pretty rare, so most jewelers I''ve come across don''t know what it is, OR they think that it''s only a manufactured stone, and that natural ones don''t exist.

Don''t get me started. If you decide you want a spinel, feel free to ask for help.

Oh, also, I have a light pink spinel from Dan Stair that color changes from pink under regular lights to purple-y blue outside. I love the light pink and think it''s totally classic--and I''m a blue girl!

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Maybe a little too square?But at that price,is really great!
30.gif

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Ok,at the end it seems that I''ve found something that I really like.the only problem is that...I like three stones,lol.
So ladies,please tell me what do you think of those stones!
http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/bluecns1495e-sm.html
(on these one I really love the color,exactly what I want.even the carat size)
http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/bluecns1495g-sm.html
(this is a bit lighter,but it seems that sparkle a little more )
http://www.diamondexpert.com/diamonds/dbs.cgi?sf=detg.setup.cgi&active=active&stock=SP00126&submit_search=1
( I don''t know why,something just make me can''t let go on this stone.)

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Gary Dutton have sent me some other pics of the spinel

1.26Spinel.jpg

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Sorry,I don''t know how to post more than a pic for post

1.26Spinel2.jpg

Asu

Shiny_Rock
I''ts blue blue here

1.26Spinel3.jpg

Asu

Shiny_Rock
two more

1.26Spinel4.jpg

Asu

Shiny_Rock
it seem to be really sparkly!

1.26Spinel5.jpg

Asu

Shiny_Rock
the last one

1.26Spinel6.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you know what kind of lighting those are under?

Asu

Shiny_Rock
he said natural light.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results