shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for an 8mm OEC

Hi all! I wanted to see if anyone had any leads on an OEC (or other old cut diamond). I've reached out the usual suspects on Instagram and on the preferred vendors list. But it seems like most vendors either don't have any 8mm OECs in stock at the moment, or they're $10k and up.

I'd love to be able to find an old cut diamond that matches the following specs:
- Price - under $6k would be amazing, but up to $8k is doable
- Cut - OEC or something close to it. I've attached a pic of a gorgeous 1.86ct OEC that's within budget from the Preloved forum but it has since sold.
- Carat - about 2ct. Needs to fit in an existing setting that will accommodate a round stone about 7.7-8.5mm wide, but depth is maybe max 5.5mm.
- Clarity - eye clean and no significant chips or inclusions that would compromise durability
- Color - faces up somewhat white in at least some lighting situations. So M and up? Maybe as low as O-P?

Pic of dream OEC below --
1615841301795.png

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks all!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I'm so excited for you to find your oec. It can be a little stressful finding something that ticks all the boxes.

So the usual, follow:
Alex Park of Parks Fine Group
Mollie Francine - I know she has some uncerted ones
Dolly at xothebijouxbox
Diana at sincityfinds - her stuff sells real quick

I might have missed the others, of course OWD.

We will keep a lookout for you :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Idk if this latest from Dolly has enough mm spread?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Did you get it with the OEC suite too? SO glad a PS'er scored that beauty. And that face up:love:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A 3 stone-can't wait to see it!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww man I'm so excited for you that you're making this happen!! Can't wait to see it and see what you do with it :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I had an M OEC and never noticed the color really. Can’t wait to see the final result!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Oh it’s so beautiful!!! I can’t wait to see that in a 3 stone, it will be unreal!!!

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen did you receive the stone yet and will it work?

I received the 1.67 but the faceting under the table was just too mushy for me. So back to Dolly it goes. Whomp whomp. I loved the color at least!

I was seriously considering just keeping it for now until I find something that makes my heart sing. But that's when I knew it was better to just return this one, up my budget, and wait for the right OEC to come along.

So my search continues!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Bummer! How do you feel about the J from LAD?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I received the 1.67 but the faceting under the table was just too mushy for me. So back to Dolly it goes. Whomp whomp. I loved the color at least!

I was seriously considering just keeping it for now until I find something that makes my heart sing. But that's when I knew it was better to just return this one, up my budget, and wait for the right OEC to come along.

So my search continues!

Yes you have to love it it’s too much $ to just feel “okay” about. I will still be following your search and be on the lookout!! It seems oecs have gotten more elusive and more expensive! It makes me realize how I got lucky w Chippy.

Yes you have to love it it’s too much $ to just feel “okay” about. I will still be following your search and be on the lookout!! It seems oecs have gotten more elusive and more expensive! It makes me realize how I got lucky w Chippy.

Thanks @Mreader! I'd love to find myself a Chippy. You know, without the emotional rollercoaster that went with it :lol-2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mreader! I'd love to find myself a Chippy. You know, without the emotional rollercoaster that went with it :lol-2:

Yeah totally. I guess I meant price-wise lol. So “lucky” in quotation marks. Also it seems whenever I make a jewelry purchase something goes awry. The Chippy saga, this most recent side stone situation, tanzanite guy. Do I have bad bling joo joo?

Yeah totally. I guess I meant price-wise lol. So “lucky” in quotation marks. Also it seems whenever I make a jewelry purchase something goes awry. The Chippy saga, this most recent side stone situation, tanzanite guy. Do I have bad bling joo joo?

Oh I hear ya about the bad bling joo joo. Maybe we need to arrange a GTG at a Buddhist temple and do a cleanse or something. You know, once the world isn't on fire anymore.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader I just had to go back and find your Chippy thread. I’m still convinced you got a great buy!

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen so what’s the min mm we should be looking for?

Btw, I practically buy sage in bulk (not for bling juju-but for other family health stuff)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader I just had to go back and find your Chippy thread. I’m still convinced you got a great buy!

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen so what’s the min mm we should be looking for?

Btw, I practically buy sage in bulk (not for bling juju-but for other family health stuff)

Oh I know I did that’s why I’m glad I put up with the issues! When I see other 2ct prices I see it was a bargain. Also I spelled juju wrong hahaha.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
F2BEB213-47A9-44A9-9C46-145A94C1B5BD.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results