shape
carat
color
clarity

seafoam green tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a new addition to my rock collection. Seafoam pale green Asscher? tourmaline, 3.02 cts (Afghanistan).

gtour302.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zeolite,
Pretty cutting on the stone, but it looks more like a greyish blue than a seafoam green on my monitor.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Cool stone! Any other pics?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that shape is awesome, and I love the color!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I really like the unusual cut.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh now I see the green that I''m on a different monitor. Lovely.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! What are your plans for it?

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:34:09 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
TL, I was wondering about your monitor. Mine is calibrated (for digital picture printing) and both on my monitor and the actual stone, it is green.

It will join my collection of 38 tourmalines and remain unmounted. The only stones I wear are pendants, and my smallest pendant is 14 cts.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zeolite,
I have two monitors and one definitely needs calibration. It is a very beautiful stone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Love that!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 10:41:38 PM
Author: zeolite

TL, I was wondering about your monitor. Mine is calibrated (for digital picture printing) and both on my monitor and the actual stone, it is green.

It will join my collection of 38 tourmalines and remain unmounted. The only stones I wear are pendants, and my smallest pendant is 14 cts.

38 tourmalines!?! Lucky lady! I think this calls for a massive photoshoot soon...
1.gif

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:41:01 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

38 tourmalines!?! Lucky lady! I think this calls for a massive photoshoot soon...
1.gif
Here are 9 tourmalines, all cut in the opposed bar shape, upper left hand corner:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opposed-bar-cut-anyone-have-one.94010/

I have more opposed bars, including more tourmalines, than shown here, but i think it makes my point.

Zeolite is rather gender non-specific. Being male, I tend not to wear earrings or rings, but have trouble not showing my love of gemstones. Hence the pendants, which I think needs to be large, compared to rings or earrings.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 1:19:47 AM

1.gif
Here are 9 tourmalines, all cut in the opposed bar shape, upper left hand corner:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opposed-bar-cut-anyone-have-one.94010/

I have more opposed bars, including more tourmalines, than shown here, but i think it makes my point.

Zeolite is rather gender non-specific. Being male, I tend not to wear earrings or rings, but have trouble not showing my love of gemstones. Hence the pendants, which I think needs to be large, compared to rings or earrings.
WOWZA, especially that pink spinel in the middle case on the bottom row!! There''s a running joke around here that I''m the "spinel-hater" (some PS''ers have jokingly given me that title), but that would make me turn around quickly!!

You need to give the specs on that spinel! Do you have a closeup?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

1.gif

Oops pardon my gender mistake, Mr. Zeolite! I''ll remember now
1.gif

That''s an incredible collection you have! I''m in love with the top tourmaline in the third box, and that diaspore!
30.gif
They''re all gorgeous though!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME COLOR AND SHAPE.....LOVE IT!
30.gif

Lori

ma re

Ideal_Rock

I had to come up with a sig for the same reason
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two Mr.'s on the CS forum! This is awesome.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful collection. Lucky you!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool cut and color and your collection is just awesome!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your stone, beautiful cut and color. What a great collection you have!!!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty - I love how you can just look into those stones forever...

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock

Tourmaline lover wrote: WOWZA, especially that pink spinel in the middle case on the bottom row!! There''s a running joke around here that I''m the "spinel-hater" (some PS''ers have jokingly given me that title), but that would make me turn around quickly!!

You need to give the specs on that spinel! Do you have a closeup?

You really don''t want to see it closer, but here it is below. It does look clearer than this enlarged picture. It''s a hot color but poor clarity. 1.04 cts oppposed bar, from Tanzania. Tanzania has ok spinel color but just about the worst clarity of anwhere. That 1.03 ct pink trigon spinel I posted yesterday has the finest clarity of any spinel that I''ve ever seen from Tanzania

pkspin104.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results