shape
carat
color
clarity

seafoam green tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a new addition to my rock collection. Seafoam pale green Asscher? tourmaline, 3.02 cts (Afghanistan).

gtour302.jpg

Zeolite,
Pretty cutting on the stone, but it looks more like a greyish blue than a seafoam green on my monitor.

Cool stone! Any other pics?

Wow that shape is awesome, and I love the color!

Very nice, I really like the unusual cut.

Oh now I see the green that I''m on a different monitor. Lovely.

Very pretty! What are your plans for it?

Date: 2/5/2009 9:34:09 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
TL, I was wondering about your monitor. Mine is calibrated (for digital picture printing) and both on my monitor and the actual stone, it is green.

It will join my collection of 38 tourmalines and remain unmounted. The only stones I wear are pendants, and my smallest pendant is 14 cts.

Thanks Zeolite,
I have two monitors and one definitely needs calibration. It is a very beautiful stone.

Very pretty.

Love that!

Date: 2/5/2009 10:41:38 PM
Author: zeolite

TL, I was wondering about your monitor. Mine is calibrated (for digital picture printing) and both on my monitor and the actual stone, it is green.

It will join my collection of 38 tourmalines and remain unmounted. The only stones I wear are pendants, and my smallest pendant is 14 cts.

38 tourmalines!?! Lucky lady! I think this calls for a massive photoshoot soon...
1.gif

Date: 2/6/2009 12:41:01 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

38 tourmalines!?! Lucky lady! I think this calls for a massive photoshoot soon...
1.gif
Here are 9 tourmalines, all cut in the opposed bar shape, upper left hand corner:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opposed-bar-cut-anyone-have-one.94010/

I have more opposed bars, including more tourmalines, than shown here, but i think it makes my point.

Zeolite is rather gender non-specific. Being male, I tend not to wear earrings or rings, but have trouble not showing my love of gemstones. Hence the pendants, which I think needs to be large, compared to rings or earrings.

Date: 2/6/2009 1:19:47 AM

1.gif
Here are 9 tourmalines, all cut in the opposed bar shape, upper left hand corner:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opposed-bar-cut-anyone-have-one.94010/

I have more opposed bars, including more tourmalines, than shown here, but i think it makes my point.

Zeolite is rather gender non-specific. Being male, I tend not to wear earrings or rings, but have trouble not showing my love of gemstones. Hence the pendants, which I think needs to be large, compared to rings or earrings.
WOWZA, especially that pink spinel in the middle case on the bottom row!! There''s a running joke around here that I''m the "spinel-hater" (some PS''ers have jokingly given me that title), but that would make me turn around quickly!!

You need to give the specs on that spinel! Do you have a closeup?

1.gif

Oops pardon my gender mistake, Mr. Zeolite! I''ll remember now
1.gif

That''s an incredible collection you have! I''m in love with the top tourmaline in the third box, and that diaspore!
30.gif
They''re all gorgeous though!

AWESOME COLOR AND SHAPE.....LOVE IT!
30.gif

Lori

I had to come up with a sig for the same reason
9.gif

Two Mr.'s on the CS forum! This is awesome.

That''s a beautiful collection. Lucky you!!

What a cool cut and color and your collection is just awesome!

I love your stone, beautiful cut and color. What a great collection you have!!!!!

Lovely!

Very pretty - I love how you can just look into those stones forever...

Tourmaline lover wrote: WOWZA, especially that pink spinel in the middle case on the bottom row!! There''s a running joke around here that I''m the "spinel-hater" (some PS''ers have jokingly given me that title), but that would make me turn around quickly!!

You need to give the specs on that spinel! Do you have a closeup?

You really don''t want to see it closer, but here it is below. It does look clearer than this enlarged picture. It''s a hot color but poor clarity. 1.04 cts oppposed bar, from Tanzania. Tanzania has ok spinel color but just about the worst clarity of anwhere. That 1.03 ct pink trigon spinel I posted yesterday has the finest clarity of any spinel that I''ve ever seen from Tanzania

pkspin104.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics