shape
carat
color
clarity

scratched citrine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I scratched the surface of my citrine. Does anyone happen to know if a jeweler can polish it out or am I out of luck? If it cant be fixed I guess I can remove the citrine from the setting and replace it with something else.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It should not be a problem to have the stone repolished. Call your jeweler and ask if he has the services of a good lapidary. For a simple repolish of the table facet it should not be expensive.

Wink

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Wink!
9.gif

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
The guy in the last post is right. I''ve had that happen myself with another stone, and I know of jewelers who have scratched sapphires and such. If it''s on the top on the table, they just repolish the table on the wheel. If worse comes to worse, they just repolish the entire stone pending the scratch, and where it is. In the worst case scenario, you may loose up to 1 point on an entire repolish. Typically though, you won''t even loose that.
emsmile.gif

When I had my stone polished, my lapidary charged me a whopping...$10. LOL. Another chain retailer who recommended this lapidary was envious that it cost me so little as it would be double that for them. :)

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results