shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay with old mine cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m supposed to be OFF this forum for Lent, but I just have to say a quick WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I am sure she would have loved anything, but she really loves the ring.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both!!!!

If possible, the ring is even more beautiful on her hand!!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
*THUD*

(the sound of whitby falling on the floor in a dead faint)

i LOVE it!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Oh it''s so lovely on her--a very beautiful ring--I love the engraving!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! That setting is PERFECT for the OMC stone! I love OMC''s and Scott Kay!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
Ok my fiancee cannot decide if she wants the wedding band with or without diamonds on it. Scott Kay sells both a diamond band and a non diamond band with the matching engraving. My stone has a yellow tint compared to the stones Scott Kay uses. I contacted Scott Kay to see if the could color match the diamonds, but they will not do it. I am afraid that the white stones on the band will take away from the E-ring diamond. What do you guys think?
M1121RD10PP_thumb.jpg
Here is a pic of the band with diamonds, and when I find a pic of the one without diamonds I will post it.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
downtownfish -

could you give me some stats on that stone pls? i think the balance is gorgeous, and i just wanted to get an idea what you''ve set it with.

i dont think you can go wrong with almost any wedder with that gorgeous engagement ring, but i''d tend to do something with diamonds in a shared prong setting. but delicate/narrow, given that the e-ring is quite wide.

pls let us know which way you go - and some stats on the stone if you have them and have time at some point?

thanks - and good luck!

downtownfish

Rough_Rock
Sorry I don''t have any stats on the stone besides the weight. It is 1.24 carats, but I do not know the color or clarity. There are no internal blemishes, but there are tiny little blackish marks on the outside of the stone. You can see them with the naked eye, but only if you are looking for them. The stone has a yellow tint, which is noticable when compared to the surprise diamonds that came with the ring, but when viewed by itself I don''t notice.
The stone came from my great gradfather who died in 1992 at age 99. My family believes he bought it in 1910 for his first wife. they seperated, and he put the stone in a mens ring and wore it until his death.
It also a mix of an old mine cut and an oec. It has a rounded square look to it. At first glance it looks round, but with a closer inspection it is squared off on all four sides. I don''t know if this is true but a jeweler told me that many of the old mine cuts were rounded off later in there life to look more like OEC''s. He said that my diamond looks like it may have been changed from an old mine cut to look more like its newer OEC friends.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:58:09 AM
Author: motownmama
I''m supposed to be OFF this forum for Lent, but I just have to say a quick WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I''ll stick to giving up chocolate it''s easier
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:33:02 PM
Author: downtownfish
Sorry I don''t have any stats on the stone besides the weight. It is 1.24 carats, but I do not know the color or clarity. There are no internal blemishes, but there are tiny little blackish marks on the outside of the stone. You can see them with the naked eye, but only if you are looking for them. The stone has a yellow tint, which is noticable when compared to the surprise diamonds that came with the ring, but when viewed by itself I don''t notice.

The stone came from my great gradfather who died in 1992 at age 99. My family believes he bought it in 1910 for his first wife. they seperated, and he put the stone in a mens ring and wore it until his death.

It also a mix of an old mine cut and an oec. It has a rounded square look to it. At first glance it looks round, but with a closer inspection it is squared off on all four sides. I don''t know if this is true but a jeweler told me that many of the old mine cuts were rounded off later in there life to look more like OEC''s. He said that my diamond looks like it may have been changed from an old mine cut to look more like its newer OEC friends.

that''s a wonderful story, downtownfish - what a great stone!

i really dont think the difference in color between the stone in your e-ring and the stones in the wedding ring would matter; as SanDiegoLady said, they wouldnt bother me one whit(by) either! altho i think the plain band is gorgeous, i think the diamond wedding band sort of balances it out and finishes it off. i normally prefer plain bands - but yours has a balance that i think is lovely.

just my 2 cents worth :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks fantastic - absolutely beautiful
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
rofl...
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results