shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Platinum Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
I have a friend that is thinking about selling her Scott Kay Diamond Ring. It is a Beauty and she is willing to sell for 1/3 of what the Original price was. This is a Great Deal! Any Interest?

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
I would like to Know what a a Fair Price is or should she take it to a pawn shop? Or any ideas of how to go about selling it? it has a 1.12 Ceter Diamond. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone recently recommended that anyone interested in selling a ring should take it to some smaller jewelers and see if they would be interested in making her an offer. Pawn shops will give you around 10-20% of the ring value, so it seems pretty ridiculous to give it away like that. The poster had mentioned that if a jeweler was interested in taking it (e.g if it is a good cut stone or an interesting ring, etc..has some merits to it), they could get 60-80% of the value. Much better than 10-20%!

Or you can always try eBay though I don't know what kind of returns you'd get on there.

Good luck.

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
Wow Pawn shops only Give 10-20%? That's terrible for this Quality. I will pass your advise on to her and take it to a few Local Jewelers. Ohh she told me it's a Scott Kay replica that was made just for her. 20% would only be $2,800 I can even afford that! I Just hope that a VS2 Diamond is worth more than 20% or I'll buy it from her. LOL!!! I will also check on Ebay. Thank You So Much For You Help. Always Appreciated.

ejfeliz65

Rough_Rock
What model is it can you post a picture?
confused.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep, if you can tell us what the style # is that would be great. If you had a pic that would be better. 1/3 of the price is good. And it can always be polished to look brand new.
9.gif

Judy
:)

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
This is it! Isn't it a beauty? The picture can't begin to capture it's Sparkle. This is a Scott Kay Design, not a original scott kay and it does look like new. It was made by Mayor's Jewelers and it has Beautiful Antique looking setting. It looks like a Tacori Ring that I saw at TQ Diamonds also. You have to click on the paper clip below to see it.

SKayRing.JPG

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
Does anyone recognize this setting as being a Scott kay replica? Any help is appreciated. Another picture from the side is below. Click on the paper clip. Any Help is Greatly Appreciated. Thanks Daisy

DSC04136.JPG

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No, sorry, it doesnt look like that too me. Scott Kay doesn't do etched/carved work like that as far as I've seen. The ones that come to mind are Taccori & Varna. Perhaps someone can recognize it. Its a pretty ring. Is that the same ring as the other pic? If it is, its a nice profile shot of it.

Judy
:)

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your info Judy. Both Pictures are the same ring. But it's very hard to get a nice picture. The person that took the Pictures for me is going to list it on Ebay (thanks Mara for the suggestion) I need a little bit more of a description for it. Although this does have the original receipts from Meyers and a Appraisel. But if your going to sell on Ebay you really need a very detailed Description With Good pictures. These Pictures are good but don't capture the Sparkle of this Diamond. It's really hard to take a head on picture of a Nice Diamond. Any suggestions for a starting bid on Ebay or a Buy it now. The setting was $4500 and the Diamond $8500. A price that would Sell it. Or any Ideas on Things We Buy.com. Would a Starting bid of $4000 and a buy it now of $5000 be to much?

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
I have Decided to try Ebay after all ...look at item #2611545509 and you will see this ring. We actaully found a friend to list it that is a Power Seller. But Before she would list it she insisted on personally getting it checked out by a GIA graduate Gemologist and took it in herself. Now that's a great Seller and someone that is Genuine. So take a look, the buy it now is $4500 and thats a Awesome Deal! Thanks For The Advise Mara and wish us Luck!

msdic

Rough_Rock
Please look on the inside of the ring. If there is a "V" with a heart stamped into it, then it is a Varna original. Mayor's was the Authorized Retailer of Varna in Florida. It is definitely not a Scott Kay.
Hope this helps...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results