shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Platinum Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
I have a friend that is thinking about selling her Scott Kay Diamond Ring. It is a Beauty and she is willing to sell for 1/3 of what the Original price was. This is a Great Deal! Any Interest?

I would like to Know what a a Fair Price is or should she take it to a pawn shop? Or any ideas of how to go about selling it? it has a 1.12 Ceter Diamond. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

Someone recently recommended that anyone interested in selling a ring should take it to some smaller jewelers and see if they would be interested in making her an offer. Pawn shops will give you around 10-20% of the ring value, so it seems pretty ridiculous to give it away like that. The poster had mentioned that if a jeweler was interested in taking it (e.g if it is a good cut stone or an interesting ring, etc..has some merits to it), they could get 60-80% of the value. Much better than 10-20%!

Or you can always try eBay though I don't know what kind of returns you'd get on there.

Good luck.

Wow Pawn shops only Give 10-20%? That's terrible for this Quality. I will pass your advise on to her and take it to a few Local Jewelers. Ohh she told me it's a Scott Kay replica that was made just for her. 20% would only be $2,800 I can even afford that! I Just hope that a VS2 Diamond is worth more than 20% or I'll buy it from her. LOL!!! I will also check on Ebay. Thank You So Much For You Help. Always Appreciated.

What model is it can you post a picture?
confused.gif

Yep, if you can tell us what the style # is that would be great. If you had a pic that would be better. 1/3 of the price is good. And it can always be polished to look brand new.
9.gif

Judy
:-)

This is it! Isn't it a beauty? The picture can't begin to capture it's Sparkle. This is a Scott Kay Design, not a original scott kay and it does look like new. It was made by Mayor's Jewelers and it has Beautiful Antique looking setting. It looks like a Tacori Ring that I saw at TQ Diamonds also. You have to click on the paper clip below to see it.

SKayRing.JPG

Does anyone recognize this setting as being a Scott kay replica? Any help is appreciated. Another picture from the side is below. Click on the paper clip. Any Help is Greatly Appreciated. Thanks Daisy

DSC04136.JPG

No, sorry, it doesnt look like that too me. Scott Kay doesn't do etched/carved work like that as far as I've seen. The ones that come to mind are Taccori & Varna. Perhaps someone can recognize it. Its a pretty ring. Is that the same ring as the other pic? If it is, its a nice profile shot of it.

Judy
:-)

Thanks for your info Judy. Both Pictures are the same ring. But it's very hard to get a nice picture. The person that took the Pictures for me is going to list it on Ebay (thanks Mara for the suggestion) I need a little bit more of a description for it. Although this does have the original receipts from Meyers and a Appraisel. But if your going to sell on Ebay you really need a very detailed Description With Good pictures. These Pictures are good but don't capture the Sparkle of this Diamond. It's really hard to take a head on picture of a Nice Diamond. Any suggestions for a starting bid on Ebay or a Buy it now. The setting was $4500 and the Diamond $8500. A price that would Sell it. Or any Ideas on Things We Buy.com. Would a Starting bid of $4000 and a buy it now of $5000 be to much?

I have Decided to try Ebay after all ...look at item #2611545509 and you will see this ring. We actaully found a friend to list it that is a Power Seller. But Before she would list it she insisted on personally getting it checked out by a GIA graduate Gemologist and took it in herself. Now that's a great Seller and someone that is Genuine. So take a look, the buy it now is $4500 and thats a Awesome Deal! Thanks For The Advise Mara and wish us Luck!

Please look on the inside of the ring. If there is a "V" with a heart stamped into it, then it is a Varna original. Mayor's was the Authorized Retailer of Varna in Florida. It is definitely not a Scott Kay.
Hope this helps...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP