shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott kay-Pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Halfpint

Rough_Rock
Hello!! We are brand new to this website and we were just looking for a little help. My boyfriend has been (very patiently) going with me to look at engagement settings for the last four months. We have gone to many places, but I just can seem to find one that I really love. Most recently, I found a beautiful setting by Scott kay and the jeweler told me that it was a "pave" setting. I had heard previosuly that the "pave" settings tend to make the ring look more dull--Is this true, because, but this setting sparkled unbelievably. Does anyone own a scott kay platinum pave ring, --Or is there another designers that are comparable, that have similar designs? We initally were interested in channel set rings, but now are leaning more towards the Pave look. We both would love any input that anyone has, as we would love to find the perfect ring after all this time looking for one! Thank you!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
wow--strange that someone would suggest to you that pave makes a setting look DULL--i have a pave setting and it sparkles like mad. very eyecatching. it''s my personal favorite look for a setting. if you''re looking for some pave style ideas, i would also try:

michael b (www.michaelbjewelry.com, and you can also see his stuff at pearlmansjewelers.com)
daniel k (www.danielk.net)
and also: JB Star, Michael Beaudry, Ritani, Richard Landi

designer settings like scott kay and the ones i listed above can be reallllly pricey, though, so you might do what i and others have done and have your setting made custom. i believe that whiteflash.com, icestore.com and engagementringsdirect.com can do custom pave settings for you, and most of the other pricescope vendors probably can too. also check out leon mege''s work at artofplatinum.com--leon did my setting and i couldn''t be happier.

good luck!

Halfpint

Rough_Rock
35.gif
Reena--Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out those sites. I was just wondering, do you have a picture of your setting posted here somewhere??

reena

Ideal_Rock
i haven''t posted an actual picture yet, because i''m away on vacation with no uploading capabilities. but i will soon! my setting is based on the setting that i posted here. (for some reason it isn''t letting me paste it in to my post, but anyway it''s the one i posted toward the bottom of the page.)

reena

Ideal_Rock

arrrgh, didn't work again. just when i figure out how to post pics on this darn site they change it on me. darnit!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results