shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Halo setting

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Hey guys. I am new to the site, but have been reading posts for a while now. This is a wealth of information. My girlfriend found a Scott Kay setting she really liked at Robbins Bros. I have found it for much less at a couple of other sites. One of these was thegemcollection.com and another is www.rainerijewelers.com.. Will the quality be the same at all the stores if it is a Scott Kay setting? Here is a link to the ring:

http://www.gemcollection.com/Products/1085-tallahassee-scott-kay-bridal-jewelry.aspx

It is $1890 on the website and $3205 at Robbins Bros and other sites. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
I would like to ask one more thing. Would it be ok to go ahead and buy the setting and get the diamond at a later date?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is it the same metal? that could account for price differences.

I would not buy the setting first and then try to find a center stone to fit it...it is much easier the other way around.

nhenry78

Rough_Rock
Yes. They are both white gold. Thanks for your feedback. I just thought this was a great deal, but I will wait until I get the center stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto SLG...center stone first then setting.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should definitely get the diamond first and then purchase a setting to fit your center stone.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to say that I think the setting is beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should definitely get the diamond first and then purchase a setting to fit your center stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason you get the stone first is that Scott Kay will make the setting to fit your stone. Sometimes the diamond is sent to the designer to set the stone as well. So always buy the stone first and then deal with how to get it set! I'd also go with 18k white gold or palladium for an e-ring, if possible. Platinum is great but will be significantly higher. That is a beautiful setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results