shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay 19K Gold, your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Does any one have impressions or opinions on the new Scott Kay 19K gold line of bridal rings? I''m getting one, and I''d like to know what people think of it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen them yet, can you post some pics????

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I have seen some. Very very nice! My only wonder is how will 19K gold hold up for everyday wear??

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/5/2005 5:51:09 PM
Author: Karen Leah
I have seen some. Very very nice! My only wonder is how will 19K gold hold up for everyday wear??

My mother wore a 24K wedding band for 50 years with no problems at all, but it was a totally plain "court" ring, no stones or prongs to worry about. She can no longer wear it due to enlarged knuckle joints, so she bought an identical (ie 24K) replacement in a larger size.

I don''t see why 19K would be significantly more trouble than 18K for daily wear, especially if it were paired with platinum prongs for a centre stone. Maybe pave wouldn''t be the best idea though.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The rings are very pretty for those that prefer yellow gold. The difference from 18kt to 19kt won''t make a difference in the durability of the rings. Slightly more yellow in color but not much. The 19kt looks like a advertising campaign that shows they are different. Enjoy your new ring!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
19K is a serious marketing ploy as far as I am concerned...but that said, I can''t imagine it being much softer than 18K.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think the line is absolutely gorgeous! As long as they are not significantly soft enough to hinder wear, I think they''re great!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
For pics check out scottkay.com. Here''s one from the vintage line:

vintage line.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2005 5:17:00 PM
Author:cqdiep
Does any one have impressions or opinions on the new Scott Kay 19K gold line of bridal rings? I''m getting one, and I''d like to know what people think of it.

I will look at the line (which I may have seen before). I thought that this thread on gold might interest you.

Thread on High Karat Gold

Deborah

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a 21-22K gold wedding band (I don''t know which it is) frequently which is wide but very thin, and I feel that it is very durable, no issues whatsoever. I love the rich color of the high K YG.

I have seen the Scott Kay line in 19K gold. I totally agree that it is a marketing gimmick just to be different. But even so I the rings are saw were very beautiful!! I would love to see pics of your rings when you get them.

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone for you opionion. I guess if the 19K is a marketing thing, then it worked on me. However, I''m not just getting it because it''s 19K. I would have no problem getting 18K from another designer. I''m getting it because I really like the Scott Kay designs, but since my GF is Italian and only wears gold jewelry, I can''t get the ring in platinum. I must admit that the 19K did catch my attention because its color is slightly different from the 18K, and it''s nice to have something unique and new. I''ll post pics of the ring once I get it mounted, probably in a month.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it. I bet it''s beautiful, I love Scott Kay.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

I LOVE Scott Kay''s new 19k Gold Line...I have seen them in person and they REALLY standout...Esp with all of the white gold and platinum that is around...

Although I have a platinum ring, I would have considered that beautiful yellow gold line!! SOOO PRETTY!
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know which pscope vendors sell Scott Kay rings?

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
*bump*

anyone know?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearlman''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results