shape
carat
color
clarity

Scorched Earth Sapphire Bombe Ring

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I’m relatively new here and so far loving it. Everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful.
I posted my new to me emerald ring over on CS as my first post and, yes, as ItsMainelyYou advised, I knew that meant I have to share the rest of my collection.
So here goes....
My right hand ring is a vintage 1950-1960’s classic bombe. Platinum set with round brilliants and marquise diamonds. Topped with a new 4.55 GIA cornflower blue sapphire. My jeweler had the setting which we think had a 4.5 carat round brilliant diamond in it and we chose the sapphire stone. I love the way the blue pops against the diamonds. I think the diamonds come in at another 4-5 carats total.
I know the entire piece “reads” dressy to the eye but I wear it a lot with jeans/tee/sneakers when I need a little extra mojo. I also wear it when I’m dressed up but don’t save it for that.
It really is one of my favorite pieces.
It was the first time in my life I simply admitted to myself that I like “more is more”.
I found it very empowering to simply buy what I liked for me!
My mother purses her lips whenever she sees it because she is of the “less is more” camp....and that’s fine with me and makes me like this ring even more.
Oh, and funny story, when I first saw the completed ring, I laughed because my first impression was it was “too” blingy and looked fake! That lasted about one nano-second!
Once I picked it up and put it on it was true love!
Thanks for letting me share. FA20FEF7-4D70-4869-AFDE-0F37B050AF31.jpeg 1C6548E4-7D50-423A-96F7-428068F5A8AF.jpeg AB0FD78F-606C-4013-BE43-C07D6BB18DDE.jpeg 32E3533C-CFD6-4D0A-B393-CEFE13B9D852.jpeg 303E2819-D32D-4F13-8E58-2EA8D09A7B9B.jpeg

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
I’m relatively new here and so far loving it. Everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful.
I posted my new to me emerald ring over on CS as my first post and, yes, as ItsMainelyYou advised, I knew that meant I have to share the rest of my collection.
So here goes....
My right hand ring is a vintage 1950-1960’s classic bombe. Platinum set with round brilliants and marquise diamonds. Topped with a new 4.55 GIA cornflower blue sapphire. My jeweler had the setting which we think had a 4.5 carat round brilliant diamond in it and we chose the sapphire stone. I love the way the blue pops against the diamonds. I think the diamonds come in at another 4-5 carats total.
I know the entire piece “reads” dressy to the eye but I wear it a lot with jeans/tee/sneakers when I need a little extra mojo. I also wear it when I’m dressed up but don’t save it for that.
It really is one of my favorite pieces.
It was the first time in my life I simply admitted to myself that I like “more is more”.
I found it very empowering to simply buy what I liked for me!
My mother purses her lips whenever she sees it because she is of the “less is more” camp....and that’s fine with me and makes me like this ring even more.
Oh, and funny story, when I first saw the completed ring, I laughed because my first impression was it was “too” blingy and looked fake! That lasted about one nano-second!
Once I picked it up and put it on it was true love!
Thanks for letting me share. FA20FEF7-4D70-4869-AFDE-0F37B050AF31.jpeg 1C6548E4-7D50-423A-96F7-428068F5A8AF.jpeg AB0FD78F-606C-4013-BE43-C07D6BB18DDE.jpeg 32E3533C-CFD6-4D0A-B393-CEFE13B9D852.jpeg 303E2819-D32D-4F13-8E58-2EA8D09A7B9B.jpeg

This is stunning, and definitely more is more :kiss2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!
You should absolutely wear what you love! It doesn't matter what any one else thinks...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the character and uniqueness of it and it is totally my style! I too would wear it all the time! Why not? I hate when people put their fine jewelry in storage never to see the light of day. I say that because I have several family members who do that. :(

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! I'd definitely wear this beauty all the time, dinner dress or pyjamas!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the ring. Lovely color! Was hoping that you will post about your profile ring. Thanks for sharing. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful color and I can definitely see wearing it for fun with jeans! Sort of a statement piece!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
yes!! i think its wonderful and empowering to embrace your true self!! "more is more" is SO fun!! i sense when people deny their true inner self is when they waffle.

i'd love to see more images of your glamorous sapphire ring. the underside and gallery would be lovely. will that be possible??

looks like you are having lots of fun with your beautiful collection of sizable statement rings.

may you wear and enjoy in the best of health and everlasting delight!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
A few undergallery 68F303F5-99CB-4992-827D-F6AD8B548DE7.jpeg 8C3872DC-2D5B-4A6E-AFD6-D6C4245617C7.jpeg pics.
The workmanship is pretty amazing.
Oh, and although I fought my jeweler on it because i thought it would make me feel like my grandmother (who loved big rings too but had arthritis) I agreed to have interior c-shaped sizers put on. I thought I would hate it but I like it a lot. Feels comfy and keeps the ring from turning around!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU thank you!!
that was fast!

it is a really solidly constructed ring! the nice wide shank is comfortable. the skill and craftsmanship is evident! i like how it is reinforced beneath the dome of diamonds.

that's probably where you got your "more is more" tastes from, your grandmother!!! it just skipped your mom and went straight to you!!! lucky us, we get to admire and fawn over your jewelry ...

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Haha BFF! You and I are on the same wavelength. I just had a minute before leaving for work and talking bling is my guilty pleasure so I don’t need asking twice!
Yes you are absolutely correct re the skip a generation. My grandmother loved jewelry. All kinds. Diamonds and a sizable Native American collection as well.
My grandfather loved buying it. He was sort of her Richard Briton.
I got a full dose of bling-itis from both!!
I will post my jewelry journey starting with the first real “piece” I bought myself as I can...

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i am thrilled to embark on your jewelry journey with you ... a trip down memory lane

Have a GREAT day, at work!! see you real soon!!!

Ooof, this ring is gorgeous! No wonder they call it a bomb(e) ;)2 It looks gorgeous on your hand and also I love how you wear it casually as well. Nothing more elegant to me than a piece of statement bling with a casual outfit (as a proud “more is more” believer as well!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's a gorgeous sapphire and ring!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MORE IS MORE LUSCIOUSNESS! :kiss2: It really is the bombe... :lickout:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly the sort of ring I adore.
Go BIG or go home I say.
Seriously while the over the top ornate settings circa 1960 - 1980s aren’t to everyone’s taste, I’ll take them all ha ha.
And there is just something lovely about a blue sapphire adrift in a sea of diamonds.
wear it everywhere, anyone who scoffs is just jealous!

Q

Queenie60

wow! Beautiful, blingy ring. Thank you for sharing

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! And that Cornflower Sapphire :kiss2:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
i've never seen anything like this. it looks like a few rings stacked together! i imagine it sits high on the finger too? anyways, it's beautiful though!! congrats!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love it !
more is more is more is drop dead gorgouse :kiss2::kiss2:
go big or go home ! :appl: :appl: :appl:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about this ring, especially your mom’s face when you wear it hahah

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big, bold, and beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results