shape
carat
color
clarity

Scholdt semi bezel with sapphire?

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
I'm happily married and love my simple yg wedding band...but I wouldn't be lurking on PS if I also were not still searching for my engagement ring! I've narrowed down my likes to color, bezels, east/west and low settings. I dislike prongs generally, although so many of the rings here are so beautiful as to make me second guess ruling them out.

With that in mind, does anyone have pictures of the Sholdt semi bezel with a blue sapphire center? Or a yellow gold Scholdt semi with a yellow sapphire center? The closest I could find to either is a photoshopped version in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photo-shop-help-please-dont-stone-me.138673/.

Also, would an east/west oval fit nicely or is a round really the best way to secure the gem in that setting?

:wavey:

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see why you couldn't get an E/W set oval in that type of setting. I think a blue sapphire would look really lovely in a yellow gold setting as well as a white metal. What size gem were you thinking of? a 7x5mm might look nice, at least to me.
:bigsmile:

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
In terms of size that is a good start ;-) I confess in real life ( on my actual finger) my gut preference between two sizes is the smaller. My brain rebels to the opposite camp. Does anyone else have this issue?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, but my concern would be that if you got the smaller stone after a little while you would crave the bigger size.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think going a little bigger than what your originally comfortable with is not a bad idea. As I get older, bigger rings seem more appealing, and more appropriate in the settings I find myself in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results