shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo shop help please! Don''t stone me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Last post till I get my ring...I promise. Well at least my last post about settings. I just want to really make sure I'm choosing wisely. Can someone please photo shop my stone into these two settings? I will post a photo of my stone at it's darkest so I can see what it will look like. Sorry for so many posts...I'm just very indecisive.

ETA-Let me know if you need smaller pics.

laureljwsappfire9181.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sholdt semi with side stones

dtsholdtring 007918.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Plain Sholdt.

laurelsholdteliza.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Actually scrap the last plain sholdt, this one is better as it''s a hand shot. Thanks.

gPK38564.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that I can''t help you with photoshop, but I can offer you a piece of advice that I think you will need sooner or later - follow your gut instinct and always keep in mind your initial idea. Cause if you drift away too much from those two, at some point you''ll regret it. Don''t buy what "most other people would buy" or what might get you compliments, but what will make you happy cause it''s your money and you''ll be the one wearing the piece. If you love the idea of pink and brown side stones (one on each side
9.gif
) for this sapphire, that''s what you should get even if some people might laugh at your choice. It''s a long term commitment (so to speak) so this piece should make you happy and remind you of nice feelings instead of of the frustration and worries.

P. S. Don''t get me wrong, but I think we have a new queen of indecisiveness here on CS (Packy are you listening?!)
9.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
give me a minute and i''ll see what i can do..

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
okay here we go..

phpXHe49zPM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
one more..

phpltMV0APM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
aaand the last one. enjoy!

phpINWvDyPM.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, great job AJ!

Mare-Well from the get go I wanted the plain semi bezel but when I saw them everyone myself included thought the semi bezel with diamonds would give the sapphire a little more oomph. I prefer the shape and outline of the plain semi bezel but in person I really loved the sparkle that the super micro diamonds give it. Then I waivered on prong vs semi and after talking it out, I feel pretty sure about the semi bezel.

Then when thinking about what deco said I wondered if I'd be unable to wear diamond bands with the semi with diamonds so then thought if I would not be able to (though I think I can from seeing D&T's pics) then maybe I should just go with the plain semi and get diamond stackers.

I guess I just wanted to see the plain and diamond semis with my sapphire. I really honestly adored them both in person, though I think the diamond one is slightly better for my sapphire. But there is this tiny little nag of what if.
38.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
did i miss one or was that a delayed response?
9.gif

ETA: ahh, nevermind.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 1:21:28 PM
Author: ma re
I''m sorry that I can''t help you with photoshop, but I can offer you a piece of advice that I think you will need sooner or later - follow your gut instinct and always keep in mind your initial idea. Cause if you drift away too much from those two, at some point you''ll regret it. Don''t buy what ''most other people would buy'' or what might get you compliments, but what will make you happy cause it''s your money and you''ll be the one wearing the piece. If you love the idea of pink and brown side stones (one on each side
9.gif
) for this sapphire, that''s what you should get even if some people might laugh at your choice. It''s a long term commitment (so to speak) so this piece should make you happy and remind you of nice feelings instead of of the frustration and worries.

P. S. Don''t get me wrong, but I think we have a new queen of indecisiveness here on CS (Packy are you listening?!)
9.gif

Hey! I RESEMBLE that remark! Bwahahahaha ohhh I love you Ma Re!!

SCG, while I was reading Ma Re''s post, I was nodding my head in agreement. It''s hard not to second guess yourself, especially when there are SO many gorgeous choices. It''s hard too, when you''re trying to convey a certain look or feeling and getting things to mesh together perfectly and to just get everything RIGHT.

My ering, I ended up w/something similar to what I wanted in the first place (not an exact replica, but it''s quite similar), and I went round and round changing my mind, convinced one day I wanted X and then the next day Y was the perfect choice. In the end, I kept going back to my first choice, so that''s what I did and I''m really happy with it. It may not suit everyone, it is a little dark in the bezel (which, possibly might have something to do with Iowa being in the dark ages since December so I''ve never seen it in the sun) but I love it and it suits ME exactly. Heck, I NAMED my ring, so yeah, I''m quite happy with my choice.

My three stone, I''m back now at my original choice. I do still go back to Uppy''s ring-but that doesn''t mean I couldn''t do a ring like hers later when I''m able to since I adore it so much. And lord knows I changed the colors in the ring a billion times, but I''m back to yellow and white which is what I wanted to do in the first place and then changed it repeatedly.

If there are 2 settings that make your heart pitter patter, you could do one as a RHR maybe for your 1 year anniversary or another special time like that. Is it down to the 2 semi bezel Sholdts and not the Freemont now? The pictures don''t show up when I''m in reply mode so I can''t remember. If it''s between the plain and the one w/diamonds, I myself would go the plain route and spruce it up w/a sparkly band of some sort-that way you can change out the band for different looks. That''s just me tho. I love it w/the diamonds in the sides too like D&T''s.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
You are no help packrat!
3.gif

I know I could do the whole get one now and get one for righty later but well, I want to get the best one first at least! The differences are so few yet the differences feel huge. I know when I was looking at them side by side I loved both the semi bezels equally and made the statement that I liked them both too much to choose. I asked my bf which one he liked better and he hands down preferred the semi with diamonds, the jeweler also told me that he suspected if I set my sapphire in a plain ring it would look "meh" in most lighting whereas the diamonds would help it out a little. I tend to agree and therefor was like the semi with diamonds it is for me!

Then I saw the fremont with diamonds and had that little panic attack, now I''m over that and a little worried about wedding bands. I plain to have 2 wedding bands, one plain and one with diamonds. Both around 2mm in size and worn together. In person the semi with diamonds is a 1mm taller but also more delicate in size than the plain semi. I don''t know it that is good or bad. It''s probably neither and at this point I think I''m talking just to hear myself "talk".
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you know from that picture of my ring, it makes the the ring look a bit boxy, and the shank bigger than it really is, but as you know it is very delicate in real life. Definitely get the plain band, maybe first, and then think about the diamond band later? just a thought, as I''m still going through the #11 or #12 weddng band to pair with it...lol. I just contacted Facet and they can make a channel eternity band with 1/2 pointers (that honey band picture i think was almost 1 pointer)... haven''t decided to take the plunge yet either as I''m awaiting for the 5point bezel band to be completed.... As I still go back and forth myself
3.gif
depending on what your goal is? I also like to wear Sholdt ring by itself sometims, but because it''s delicate shank size, I always pair it with a plain band. If you like to stack, its a nice ring to stack with too imo-
4.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 2:39:31 PM
Author: D&T
you know from that picture of my ring, it makes the the ring look a bit boxy, and the shank bigger than it really is, but as you know it is very delicate in real life. Definitely get the plain band, maybe first, and then think about the diamond band later? just a thought, as I'm still going through the #11 or #12 weddng band to pair with it...lol. I just contacted Facet and they can make a channel eternity band with 1/2 pointers (that honey band picture i think was almost 1 pointer)... haven't decided to take the plunge yet either as I'm awaiting for the 5point bezel band to be completed.... As I still go back and forth myself
3.gif
depending on what your goal is? I also like to wear Sholdt ring by itself sometims, but because it's delicate shank size, I always pair it with a plain band. If you like to stack, its a nice ring to stack with too imo-
4.gif
Yeah, most pics of your ring don't do it justice. That may be the problem is in person I loved it then I look back at pics and it changes my memory of what I saw in person! It is so much more delicate IRL.

I will be SO SO happy when you get your bezel band back. When is it supposed to be done?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE!!!! Julian at Pearlmans' just sent me a picture for a matching band option for this ring....oohhhh.. (I had contacted them a few weeks ago about it) maybe this might also help you....

on the bezel band note. Michael said that I should have it by end of week next week
36.gif

ETA: sorry sweetie, I'm not sure which thread I should put this picture in?...lol
37.gif
sorry if this is a T-Jack moment
41.gif

sholdtsemibezelwddt.JPG

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 3:33:27 PM
UPDATE!!!! Julian at Pearlmans' just sent me a picture for a matching band option for this ring....oohhhh.. (I had contacted them a few weeks ago about it) maybe this might also help you....

on the bezel band note. Michael said that I should have it by end of week next week
36.gif

ETA: sorry sweetie, I'm not sure which thread I should put this picture in?...lol
37.gif
sorry if this is a T-Jack moment
41.gif
Ha ha! Just post one in each thread! Here's my thing...I am not really a channel set girl...which is why I didn't expect to like the semi with side stones but...in person it is soooo delicate you can't even actually make out that it is channel set. Do you think the matching band is as delicate? It looks to be the same size diamonds...which leads me to believe all you would see is a thin line of shimmer. Are you going to get this ring? Please say yes!

ETA-Is that Item: #03ZZ1 on Pearlmans site?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2010 3:48:43 PM
Author: stepcutgirl

Ha ha! Just post one in each thread! Here''s my thing...I am not really a channel set girl...which is why I didn''t expect to like the semi with side stones but...in person it is soooo delicate you can''t even actually make out that it is channel set. Do you think the matching band is as delicate? It looks to be the same size diamonds...which leads me to believe all you would see is a thin line of shimmer. Are you going to get this ring? Please say yes!
hmmm, I think it is defnitely much thinner than the honey band in the first picture for sure, and the melee is the same size as the e-ring, so I also think it would just appear to be a strip of micro diamond lines just like the e-ring itself. I know its so hard to imgaine from the magnified pictures. and I think it would look great on both sides of your sapphire ring. I am waiting on the cost to see if I will get it or not. Facets has already given me a quote for 1/2 pointers eternity in 18k and I suspect that it will look close to this set as well and Facets price is very reasonable ( I have a feeling I could get two of the facets band for the price of one of the sholdt
39.gif
) not sure what to do actually.... I''m taking my time on it
37.gif

Ok--- [end threadjack
17.gif
]

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2010 3:48:43 PM

Ha ha! Just post one in each thread! Here''s my thing...I am not really a channel set girl...which is why I didn''t expect to like the semi with side stones but...in person it is soooo delicate you can''t even actually make out that it is channel set. Do you think the matching band is as delicate? It looks to be the same size diamonds...which leads me to believe all you would see is a thin line of shimmer. Are you going to get this ring? Please say yes!

ETA-Is that Item: #03ZZ1 on Pearlmans site?
oh no, I think that one is beadset,

I''m pretty sure it is #26ZZ1 (milgrain added)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well I hope you get either the Sholdt or the Facets ring before it comes time for me to order a wring. You are my guinea pig! JK, but it is nice to have someone blaze the trail before you get to it!
11.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2010 4:04:11 PM
Well I hope you get either the Sholdt or the Facets ring before it comes time for me to order a wring. You are my guinea pig! JK, but it is nice to have someone blaze the trail before you get to it!
11.gif
lol.... no problem, when are you getting hitched again
9.gif
?...

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 4:07:00 PM

11.gif
9.gif
?...
Most likely Jan 2011!

ETA-Edited the date...Jan 2010 kinda already passed.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2010 4:07:44 PM

Date: 3/16/2010 4:07:00 PM

11.gif
9.gif
?...
Most likely Jan 2011!

ETA-Edited the date...Jan 2010 kinda already passed.
whew! You got plenty of time
1.gif
I''m sure I''ll decide within the next couple of months which ones to go with
31.gif
.... sooooo what will you choose?

Semi with sidestones? or still undecided
27.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh that band is perfect w/it! I thought the Honey band looked really good w/it but dang-that''s a perfect match.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think prob semi with sidestones. I feel confident I can get a diamond band in there somehow if I go that route. I''m really interested in seeing how your bezel band ends up looking with it...I''ve wanted a semi bezel with a danielle band now for a while. I always kinda thought the D band would go with any semi bezel...but now I don''t know.
40.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
i am thinking of getting the danielle too, but with the rubies and diamonds. our wedding colors are ivory and red, and i want to use it as an alternative wedding band. i haven''t been able to find any pictures on here of the ruby band though.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 4:35:05 PM
Author: ArtistJess
i am thinking of getting the danielle too, but with the rubies and diamonds. our wedding colors are ivory and red, and i want to use it as an alternative wedding band. i haven't been able to find any pictures on here of the ruby band though.
I'm gonna go take a look to see if i can find you the ruby version. While I am doing that may I ask you for another favor? Would it be possible for you to photoshop the channel set melee from the sidestone semi onto the plain semi? Too hard? I just got an email from Sholdt telling me it would be possible to add a strip of melee to the plain bezel but it will cost me more as it is then a custom job. Just wanna see if it would even be worth it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you get the Danielle Band, in their stock metal and options, it is returnable, I was able to return a ring once to them. So if it doesn''t work out, you can always return it less shipping fees. This way you will have it in hand and know for sure if its a keeper. Just a thought.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought for sure there was a ruby Danielle band on here...but it looks like there is not. I''d bet you could ask WF for a hand pic along side a ring like yours or you could put your handy photo shop skills to work and color red the blue sapphires on the hand shots of the above rings for an idea of how it will look.

It is also cool that we can order them and return them and only be out shipping if we don''t like them. Thanks for that tid bit D&T.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results