shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Say hello to Uni !

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and Uni were meant to be. That’s all there is to it. Your love for her is so apparent and she deserves someone who loves her so much. Congratulations on finding each other. :kiss2::mrgreen2:=)2 Many happy years together.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a fabulous story, and the finished product is absolutely spectacular!! I love EVERYTHING about it :love::love:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wear her in good health DJ!! :appl: :wavey:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it!!!! It looks fabulous!!! So glad you found this stone and the setting is TDF!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Dee*Jay! Great story. Goes to show...you cant judge a stone buy its paper=). DK took your stone to a 'whole new world'! Its gorgeous!:love: congrats a a great find and design:appl:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring. Love the person wearing said ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, DeeJay! It turned out great!!! Love it! :love::love::love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone!

More pics

Uni 11.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uni apparently needs to be cleaned! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Michelle! And the milgraining is so amazing... !

Sox, you're welcome to borrow it any time!

Tkyasx, the universe must know when you get a new ring because random people have been complimenting it over the past few days.

Acinom, I'm so happy with how the whole thing turned out!

EarlyBird, I really wanted to keep the corners as a feature of this ring. If it had been clipped like a traditional emerald cut obviously I would have gone a different route, but with these truly rectangular stone it was something that I didn't want to get lost.

Matthews, I tried to find some pics that showed the color in different lighting. In one of the pics I'm wearing a pink and yellow top and you can see that quite a bit in the photo.

Sandeek, be careful asking me for more pics because I've got a ton!

Thank you Yenny!

Whitewave, I'm hoping my next find will be a lovely asscher like yours!

Bonnfire, I just looked back at David's email and the traps are I-J, but he doesn't specify the color of the single cute melee.

MGR, this was definitely a gamble! Too bad my trips to Vegas don't turn out like this...

Princess, I've spent hours looking at the gorgeous halo on your pear!

Nala, more pics posted, than thank you for asking!

Asscher, the whole thing seemed a little big at first... but I've quickly adapted!

April, quite different that

Thank you Luce!

LLJ, I'm still amazed that I found this stone before someone else snapped it up!

DanDi, David did such a great job translating my ideas into a real ring.

Ellen, so good to see you here!

CEG, I'm so glad I went with David; his work is amazing!

Zestfully, I've learned over the years to look at the stone and not just the paper, and it definitely worked out this time!

Awwww Rod -- you're so sweet!

Thank you DS, I'm really happy with it!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great story, I love happy endings! Congrats on your beautiful new ring:love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are times when you see a ring and it blows you away. This is one such ring. I love EVERYTHING about it. The diamond, the setting and the story!

It looks fabulous on your hand! You are giving me inspiration for a blue Zircon I have :love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful stone of unique character. Great design and very complimentary for the stone. It looks fabulous on your finger!
Is the melee in the usual G-H range? We shouldn’t even have to ask you for more pics, you should know this! Come on! :P2

Bonfire, I just got out the appraisal to check for you and it says the melee are J color, VS clarity single cuts. And the traps are I-J color, VS.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Octo!

Maisie, I think a blue zircon would be FABULOUS in a setting like this!

The "boxes" around the halo diamonds look very defined in the pics BTW, but in real life they are pretty subtle.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uni is simply gorgeous like her owner, 2 peas in a pod. Really @Dee*Jay it's a gorgeous stone and looks magnificent on you!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is SPECTACULAR!!! Love that you took a chance on the stone - and look how wonderfully things turned out!!! I love the shape of the stone, its sharp corners and it's character! It's a beautiful hall-of-mirrors! DK made you a gorgeous, unique ring that is a true show-stopper!!!
Wear it in the best of health and enjoy it every day!!! :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful Dee Jay! I really like the sides of the shank and that each stone in the halo has it's only box! The milgrain looks fab!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I still can't believe it's an L! L is clearly for lovely. =)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire, I just got out the appraisal to check for you and it says the melee are J color, VS clarity single cuts. And the traps are I-J color, VS.
Thanks Dee*Jay! Stunning ring! Btw, I was in TR’s neck of the woods last week and thought about you!:wavey:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay what a uniquely amazing stone and magnificent setting for her! I love the size on your hand and the milgraining and workmanship is amazing. Going with your gut instinct has really paid off!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, Uni turned out beautiful and looks perfect on your hand. I thoroughly enjoyed the story of how you were drawn to the video online and ended up loving the diamond in person. I love happy endings! :appl:

Curby

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's awesome in every way :) Congrats!!!

StepCutLover

Shiny_Rock
@Dee*Jay This ring is stunning! If you ever get tired of wearing it as a ring (with a ring like that, how would you?) it would make an amazing conversion pendant with that beautiful halo. It just looks so elegant on your hand. Enjoy!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait... that's an M??!!! No freaking way! It's beautiful and looks amazing on you!

Some days I am a princess. Some days I am a warrior. Choose wisely.
I really love this.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love Uni, the ring and her/your story. I love it when what some might consider less than perfect diamonds find their perfect homes. And this one seriously did!:clap:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright Ice, aww, you're so sweet! Thank you!

Blingaling, hall of mirrors is a great description of the stone!

Tyty, the tiny little boxes around each single cut melee are just amazing. Such fine itsy bitsy work!

Kindred, it truly is a lovely stone and I'm so happy to own it.

Bonfire, since you're "here" I hope you will come to the GTG we're having at Ivy and Rose in Oct! The date now is the second Sat since the first is the marathon.

Meely, gut instinct is exactly right! Sometimes even when the paper leads you down one path the stone takes you down another.

Curby, I love happy endings too!

Thank you Arkieb!

StepCutLover, that's a great idea, and if I ever do stop wearing it as a ring I thing it would be fabulous as a pendant.

msop, I am kinda appalled at how much weird color shows up in the pictures! I wish I were better at capturing what I see IRL. And LOL and the princess/warrior. I saw that one day and was like, THAT is my new motto!

derbygal, I have a strange penchant for the less-than-perfect. I'm always adopting the runt of the litter, haha.

Aprilbaby, I just saw that my reply to you up in the thread wasn't finished... ? I meant to say, it's quite different now than when you saw it in the original setting, isn't it?!

Last edited:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is a charmer and the setting you choose perfect. The double milgrain is delicious. Now please post 50 or so more photos for everyone to admire.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dee I just love it! Everything about it. It is magnificent on you and I love that you love it so much. What a pretty and unique design that suits you perfectly. :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
uni-15-jpg.643934

likeit.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results