shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarita''s Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to head it with ring(s) and add to later as I go.

For now, here's my 1.7ct M VS1 emerald cut diamond ring. I'm getting antsy to get engaged so I have been spending more time with it early.
11.gif
It is in a 14k WG 4-prong non-basket setting.

Ring size is 3.5 but this one is actually a 3.25, I think.

The first 3 shots are what was in the auction, but I had already bid on the ring before I saw the last pic of the loose stone so I really wasn't sure what the M color was going to look like. Sometimes I do wish I had a white white stone but for the most part I am very happy with this one.

Just wanted to add I love this site and
30.gif
all the new beautiful jewels to stare at. I came from DT and a fresh place with a new crop of eye-candy is great!

1.7ct VS1-1.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
This was the seller''s handshot. I think it looks great and love the size. Back when I got this the idea of a 1.7ct was enormous to me. (I think the seller''s ring size was a 6 or 6.5, for reference).

1.7ct VS1-2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
This was the 3rd from the auction, seen later, from the diamond vendor that sold my seller the stone.

1.7ct VS1-3CC.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I think this shot (taken by BF) shows the tint nicely in a non-magnified shot against a white background.

ECSand.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some semi-hand shots.

ECWedSet1.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutly beautiful, Serita....and sure looks whiter than an M to me!!!!
30.gif

Don''t tell me you found that beauty on Ebay!!!???
23.gif

It''s gorgeous!
18.gif
Are you planning on resetting it??? Tell all!

Congrats!
widget

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
This is with my Platinum Tiffany & Co. etoile that I plan to wear as my wedding band. BF and I will probably pick out titanium or tungsten rings (his preference) to use as "our" bands when the time comes but I knew I wanted this ring too.

ECWedSet2.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Huge and gorgeous!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! It''s gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your ring is truely a classic!
30.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
And finally here are some shots I took today. I bite my nails and am trying to stop... please don''t laugh
41.gif

ECSunSpark.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and HUGE!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. Sorry to spam! I am just ready to have this on my finger for real...

ECFaceOn.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
sarita,
It''s just gorgeous, I love it!!!!!!!
30.gif
Oh and welcome to PS!!!!!
1.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your compliments!

::waves:: Hi, Widget! It''s synicgrrl from DT. Nice to see you here!

Yes, believe it or not, I purchased this ring from eBay, from a wonderful and trustworthy individual. (I was burned once before being foolish and impulsive, and boy, did that stink!) At that point I was just browsing but the price was incredible and I knew I wanted an emerald cut diamond but I was thinking somewhat more along the 1ct range. What a sweet suprise in my budget!

I had planned on resetting into into this pretty semi-mount I found (also on eBay) but because of the warmer color I think it would look out-of-sorts in the ring. Plus when I got it I was actually pleasantly suprised by the solitaire look and the focus it put on the stone itself - something I wasn''t expecting I''d go for.

Sometimes I like the warmth, sometimes I wish it was whiter. I''ve toyed with the idea of a rose gold microsetting to bring out the pink, or, alternatively, a thin platinum bezel to enhance the white (it is white face up in most views, just a muted not ice-white look), plus this would match the round bezels in the etoile. Choices, choices! For now this is how it is. I''ll check out options when the time comes (sometime next year).

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beauty! May you enjoy it for years to come.
face23.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your Emerald Cut!! I''m still in shock that it is an M color!!
6.gif
It looks very white and clear to me. I love how ECs look so classy!!! What a beauty!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
wow!!! gorgeous!!!! what a find!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice--you found a winner!!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope. Your ring is lovely and looks really nice with the Tiffany band. Thanks for sharing with us.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That EC is gorgeous--lovely ratio and cut, and it does NOT look like an M!!! Congrats!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool pictures!!! There are definitely some where you can see the body color of the stone but it''s not detracting by any means. It''s a gorgeous warm tinge in some lights and always bright in every shot! I love the ring and the sheer size of the stone...and with the etiole wedding band...DIVINE. I LOVE how those two look together!!!!!!!!!!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
That''s a cool stone! I like the color - in the shots where I can detect some body color, it almost looks ever so slightly champagne-y rather than yellow tinted, which I really like in the pics. Is that the case in person as well? It looks stark white in most of the pics though. What kind of color do you see in real life, & under what light conditions? Just curious! It looks great on you!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love that color! It''s pinkish. Does it look that way in real life? Super pretty. I would be tempted by rose gold too, though it does look lovely in its current setting.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
very nice ring and what an amazing buy...i agree, that ring doesn''t look like an ''M'' at all..

coconut

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!

I can''t tell that it''s an M in no way.... it looks like an absolutely beautiful EC!!!

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
OMG your ring is GORGEOUS!!!! Now you''re making me change my mind on shape...yet again! Now I want an emerald cut! I want an emerald cut!!!! What a beautiful and classic ring!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful--classic elegance! What a find on eBay!!! I think it looks lovely in its current setting and the etoile band compliments it perfectly. And I never would''ve guessed it was an M in color! It looks so white in most of the pictures--or a lovely shade of champagne. Not a bit yellow! So, so lovely...
30.gif

Welcome to PS!
35.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sarita that is such a lovely and elegant emerald cut! I am blown away that it is an M. You would never guess from the photos. It just exhibits a bit of warmth but is certainly not yellow.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I LOVE the M!!!!!!! It''s not at all "yellow", definitely a pink champagne, and it''s so rich and lovely! And here I always thought step-cuts had to be icy white for me to like them..... PS teaches you something new every day. Looks great on your hand too, very elegant.

Thanks for sharing and challenging my diamond ideas! And spam away!!

*I do NOT need another diamond.... I do NOT need another diamond........*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results