shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin Report!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eqly

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie, and this may have been asked before.

I found a diamond that I am interested in. The following are the GIA numbers (partial). Is this a good stone and how do I go about getting a Sarin or Total Cut Analysis Report?

Size: 1.13 ct.
Clarity: IF
Color: E
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to medium
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 61%

Forgot to add that it is a round brilliant cut.

Asking price: 9,700

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If this is the diamond with the older GIA Cert you talked about earlier,..... I think I know why it has an old Cert. 60:60 cuts were all that for a period of time. Then people realized they weren't without the right angles combos.

From the Tutorial:
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/60.asp

From a past Forum Thread (includes a link to another tread as well):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/60-60-stone-please-advise.10883/

I did a quick search for comparables. There are 7 diamonds currently available thru PS Vendors with similar table and depth %'s, color, and clarity. Prices range from $10,600 to $12,250.

Ask the Vendor to have a Sarin or OGI run on the diamond. You really need those crown and pavillion angles before you proceed with purchase. In 60:60's, only a small range of complimentary angles pairs produce good performers. If you live in a large metropolitan area, there should be a Sarin machine in town. If not, the diamond may need to be shipped to a lab or an Independent Appraiser with the proper equipment to get the info needed.
1.gif

eqly

Rough_Rock
Yes it is the diamond I talked about on my last post. Thanks Pqcollectibles for your input. I will look into asking for a report from the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results