shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphires from Sri Lanka

samijane

Rough_Rock
I bought 2 tiny sapphires from Sri Lanka in 1984 in the hope of putting them in a piece of jewellery at some stage. I have just come across them still not used and wondered are they worth anything? They are quite small but I have no idea what stones are worth. Any information greatly received

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the forum! Its really hard to tell what your stones might be worth, as we know nothing about them. Here are the things necessary to know in order to point you to values. 1) carat weight of stones; 2) cutting quality 3) color and tone - that is, what is the hue, how saturated the color is (how intense), and its tone whether its overly dark, washed out or just right; 4) clarity - is it eye clean or when you look at them closely, do you see things in the stone that are distracting; 5) has the stone been treated in any way - has it been heated? If so, is it just low heat or has high heat been used in which case they often introduce foreign elements to enhance the stone's appearance?

I know its a lot, but it will help give you an idea of the value of your sapphires. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results