shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire ring with new lighter blue center

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I made this sapphire ring with deBebian’s a few year’s ago with with a 4.76 center natural sapphire that I inherited. I love this ring but the darkness in the center bugged me which meant I didn’t reach for this ring as often as I should. It was just too expensive of a setting to let it sit in a ring box. Since the center is quite a large,, I decided to look for a high quality lab. I got this beautiful bluish/purple perwinkle sapphire that is 12x10. I also made a small change to the pear’s to lift them up. They originally were pinned down because I was worried about the width of the bridge across my finger. After receiiving the ring, I can see it wasn’t going to be a problem so I raised the .66 tcw VS1 G pear’s to make it look more like a proper 3 stone. I am waiting on another ring right now before this ships but I wanted to post pics of the changes.

The old sapphire feels like it is meant to be in something like a Princess Di halo. I might try something with some large halo rosecuts or OEC’s to give it a vintage look since it is a very old stone. I am super happy with the color. It is a nice match to go with the station necklace he made me last year. The two together are a quick dress up for a jeans look. I will post some pics/videos when I receive it.

I am a little sad that my jeweler has a smaller and nicer finger than me!

ED63CFDB-E916-4A87-9A81-8524E47D8E76.jpeg 4F5B0B32-D8A6-4B5C-BEEA-DA3FFE641790.jpeg AC76A6EC-6C93-4F84-955F-FE7577323EF8.jpeg EA9C360C-BA51-4E13-8ACA-3B70EFAD7766.jpeg BA617F65-7908-4595-A36D-528207598D78.jpeg 5C04677B-29D0-4CA7-891D-90D08E39F569.png
42DB6E42-CBB8-4FC5-BFF2-926908F99459.jpeg ECCAA6D0-5AA9-42C0-B73B-C514303B40D6.jpeg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the lighter blue!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Such a nice change to your setting. And the new sapphire is a wonderful colour

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS! Yes, that is a Debebian's mounting--such exquisite craftsmanship. I also think it is going to go great with your necklace. I'm so happy for you!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with your inherited sapphire too. Your proposed design sounds lovely :).

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Look at that periwinkle and the engraving! I can't wait to see the hand shots.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I won't lie. I kind of want to snatch that ring off that finger! It is beautiful ❤

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous. Love the new color!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, beautiful ring! Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your collection! And I agree with everyone else - the new sapphire is a huge improvement and makes your ring look super luxe!

Can I ask you what diameter the stones are in your DBTY necklace? It's so pretty!

Lovely pieces, @swaye2010!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. I adore lighter sapphires.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful!!! And is that Sam’s hand?! Lol!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful, beautiful ring! Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your collection! And I agree with everyone else - the new sapphire is a huge improvement and makes your ring look super luxe!

Can I ask you what diameter the stones are in your DBTY necklace? It's so pretty!

Lovely pieces, @swaye2010!

Thank you. It is a huge improvement in color. The darkness was making me sad and I spent so much on the setting that I wanted to wear it more. I actually had them send me the sapphire first Just to make sure and it has so beautiful movement.

The DBTY necklace has 4mm stones. I bought 8 perwinkle precision cut sapphire’s from Jim Buday on our gemstone reddit group. I had a diamond 5 stone and a pair of diamond earrings that had 4 mm stones that I never wore anymore. We put those 7 stones into the necklace to make a 15 station 36 inch white gold chain and they were sprinkle set. I drew it on paper and we played around with it until it looked just right. it is a little more fun to wear something unique. I sometimes stack it with a shorter solitaire I have.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. It is a huge improvement in color. The darkness was making me sad and I spent so much on the setting that I wanted to wear it more. I actually had them send me the sapphire first Just to make sure and it has so beautiful movement.

The DBTY necklace has 4mm stones. I bought 8 perwinkle precision cut sapphire’s from Jim Buday on our gemstone reddit group. I had a diamond 5 stone and a pair of diamond earrings that had 4 mm stones that I never wore anymore. We put those 7 stones into the necklace to make a 15 station 36 inch white gold chain and they were sprinkle set. I drew it on paper and we played around with it until it looked just right. it is a little more fun to wear something unique. I sometimes stack it with a shorter solitaire I have.

It's just lovely! Thank you so much for sharing the deets!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a difference. Beautiful color!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so, so lovely! I adore the colour, and the setting is gorgeous.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful, the lighter color stone makes the setting pop

Lovely shade of blue. And the proportions of the pears are perfect! Do you mind sharing your ring size?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's truly night and day! Gorgeous stone, gorgeous setting, and a gorgeous pairing with the station necklace. And even though your original sapphire is dark, I think it will be scrumptious with a lush halo.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely shade of blue. And the proportions of the pears are perfect! Do you mind sharing your ring size?

I wear a size 8 but someone asked me to borrow my original CAD and shrunk it down slightly in the stone sizes even though it wasn’t really necessary. He wanted to surprise his girlfriend with a ring in this design so bought a 2 carat mined sapphire similar to this color and had it made in a 4.5 finger size. It was really gorgeous in that size too.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg gorgeous! I love it’s new facelift, it looks so much better!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the colour
And the station necklase is gorgouse too

but im happy you are still thinking about the inherited saphire because it has history
I look forward to seeing it in a new setting one day (soon)

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
That blue is so lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results