shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire ring prices - your thoughts please...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1330980634|3141263 said:
Yes it is, and a couple of people in the trade here have mentioned to me that they've had clients asking for lab reports from prestigious labs for not super-expensive stones.

When they hear what it will cost them - plus the hassle of documents for customs and the impossibility of getting insurance to ship - or even getting a company who will ship, they quickly decide otherwise.

You also get more for your money with an AGL prestige report (although it is more expensive than a fast track) as it reports on the color, tone, saturation, clarity, etc. . . of the gem in clear, concise scientific terms, not some "Royal blue" and "Pigeon blood red" nonsense.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If Mr Smith would like to open a branch in London I would be very happy!

LD, you said above that the majority of blue sapphires are diffused - do you have a source for this as I can't find one and am genuinely interested to read it.

bzimpf

Rough_Rock
Thanks folks - I appreciate the feedback from you all -

Budget is $5k

She realy likes the Montanas - I have left a message re: additonal details and pictures. I've always felt photos rarely show actual color - monitors are rarely calibrated etc. So I'll order it and check it out for myself under all lighting conditions.

So we can do the antique look with a really cool looking stone we know isn't Be heated or a former beach pebble.

Now I'm looking at a JbEG Madeline setting for it (or maybe a stone a bit smaller). Like this one: 6.9mm 1.51cts. Heat only - for under $1k

Total w/ setting is about $5k.

sapphire_montana_257.jpg

IMG0494-M.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results