shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Pair. Help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I was curious to know if someone (or multiple someones) wouldn''t mind maybe pointing me in the right direction.

We are looking for a pair of sapphires (blue) to go into a e-ring. The center stone is 7.05mm and I definitely want the sapphires to be medium/lighter-dark blue and chunky in cut.

Are there such stones? Where can I find them?

Thank you for your help!!
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I would start by checking out some of the vendors web sites in the list at the top of the page. There are some cutters that might be able to custom cut a couple stones for you too.
Maybe try customgemstones.com, or whitesgems, gemrite.com, precisiongem.com or thenaturalsapphirecomapany.com
Keep us posted :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the center stone a diamond?
What shape sapphires are you looking for?
Unheated or is gentle heat okay?
For e-ring sides, why not ask Wink? www.winkjones.com

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your responses and recommendations. I am not a fan (for me, personally) of the concave cut. Is that the only cut Wink offers? The center stone is a diamond (if I could I would post pics, but it''s under lock down) and has chunky faceting...hence the scouting for chunky cut sapphires.

I will keep looking around. Thanks again!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Don''t count on finding the stones listed on a vendor''s site.

Wink Jones made my e-ring and that of several of my friends and sourced all the stones individually for us.

I''m not a fan of concave cutting, but the cutters who do that style can also do more classic cuts as well. Richard Homer found me three sphene at Tucson last year and recut the largest stone to improve it - he did this in a normal cut not a concave cut.

Vendors will have access to far more stones than you will find on the web, so my recommendation is to find the person you want to make the e-ring and ask them to source you the sapphires.

Often going with the diamond vendor is the best move as you won''t then need seperate insurance to cover the diamond during setting as is normally the case if the setter did not supply the stone.

Otherwise, I have always been very pleased with the stones that I have bought from Richard M. at www.artcutgems.com and from Wink Jones - www.winkjones.com - drop one of them a line telling them what you are after and see what they come up with.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
If you want a chunky cut, contact Barry Bridgestock at ACS. He''s gotten some really beautiful sapphires lately and does a OEC-ish cut. This thread has stock and irl pictures of his work. For something like this you''re better off contacting vendors to see if they have what you want or will cut what you want rather than waiting for stones to be posted.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 7:01:03 AM
Author: all.of.the.above
Thank you for your responses and recommendations. I am not a fan (for me, personally) of the concave cut. Is that the only cut Wink offers? The center stone is a diamond (if I could I would post pics, but it''s under lock down) and has chunky faceting...hence the scouting for chunky cut sapphires.

I will keep looking around. Thanks again!
Wink can help you get the traditional flat faceting as well. He''s gotten me a pair of traditional round blue sapphires for my anniversary ring.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:16:10 AM
Author: Pandora II
Don''t count on finding the stones listed on a vendor''s site.

Wink Jones made my e-ring and that of several of my friends and sourced all the stones individually for us.

I''m not a fan of concave cutting, but the cutters who do that style can also do more classic cuts as well. Richard Homer found me three sphene at Tucson last year and recut the largest stone to improve it - he did this in a normal cut not a concave cut.

Vendors will have access to far more stones than you will find on the web, so my recommendation is to find the person you want to make the e-ring and ask them to source you the sapphires.

Often going with the diamond vendor is the best move as you won''t then need seperate insurance to cover the diamond during setting as is normally the case if the setter did not supply the stone.

Otherwise, I have always been very pleased with the stones that I have bought from Richard M. at www.artcutgems.com and from Wink Jones - www.winkjones.com - drop one of them a line telling them what you are after and see what they come up with.
If I''m not mistaken, it was Richard Homer that did the fabulous re-cut of Ellen''s outstanding aqua. I do wonder why he doesn''t have more regular cuts on his website.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results