Sapphire or Tourmaline

Help me decide between blue sapphire and pink tourmaline for this LOGR setting

• blue sapphire

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • pink tourmaline

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
33.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What LOGR setting?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LOL!! TL you''re too quick on the draw!!

SSCN1583.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
the pink one

SSCN1584.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
While I totally love sapphires, I love the look of the pink one more so I voted for the tourmaline.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Pink tourmaline is the one I received from Dan. My camera doesn''t seem to capture the brilliance and the intense color of this stone, unfortunately.

SSCN1581.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Both stones together.

SSCN1582.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
pretty cut

pt.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, they both look so pretty. That''s a tough decision. I voted for the sapphire though. I''m picturing your tourmaline in something more delicate looking. Either way it''ll look good.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the sapphire but they both look very pretty.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
They''re both gorgeous but the sapphire is a more striking contrast with the setting IMO. Either way, though. They''re both beautiful!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If we''d be talking a diferent (more substantial looking) setting I''d maybe go with that cold blue of a sapphire, but with this one it''s pink all the way. It''s just a better combo IMO.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a weakness for sapphires! I think it looks incredibly high end looking in that setting.
30.gif
I see the pink tourmaline in an antique looking rose and white gold diamond setting!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the tourmaline (it reminds me of a pink sapphire), but both are lovely gems and you can''t go wrong with either in that ring. I''m considering a rubellite tourmaline for that setting since I have the same LOGR with a brown diamond in it right now (which is not doing much for me at the moment).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Out of those stones, I vote pink too!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this thread and avoid posting hoping that I''ll make up my mind but I can''t!!!! I think they both look lovely. Do you have an idea of a setting for the gem that you don''t put in this setting? That might help to make up your (and my!) minds!!!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
If you plan to wear the ring every day I would go with the sapphire because it is a 9 on the Mohs scale [tourmaline is a 7 - 7.5]. I had a pair of rings that I wore together: a blue sapphire and a pink tourmaline. The tourmaline did not wear well compared to the sapphire. BTW, I love both colors.

If you like the pink, how about going with a pink sapphire?

ETA Oops, I did not see that you already have both stones. So, I vote blue.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for the blue also.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Which ever stone is not going into the LOGR setting will probably be set in an antique setting. I will not be wearing this ring all the time due to my job so it will be mostly on special occasions.

Thank you all for your replies. Seems as if the pink tourmaline is getting most of the votes!!
35.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 3:36:47 PM
Author: mochi
Which ever stone is not going into the LOGR setting will probably be set in an antique setting. I will not be wearing this ring all the time due to my job so it will be mostly on special occasions.

Thank you all for your replies. Seems as if the pink tourmaline is getting most of the votes!!
35.gif
Mochi I think the sapphire will look gorgeous in an antique setting (probably more so than the pink tourmaline) so my vote is also for the pink tourmaline now!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted pink. With the bezel setting, it made the sapphire much too dark; that stone requires a more open setting whereas it''s perfect for a lighter stone like the tourmaline.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted pink. I think the pink looks much more vibrant than the blue in that setting.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 6:15:18 PM
Author: Chrono
I voted pink. With the bezel setting, it made the sapphire much too dark; that stone requires a more open setting whereas it's perfect for a lighter stone like the tourmaline.
Go Pink!

Until I read Chrono's response, I could not put my finger on why the sapphire looked a bit "off" in color in the LOGR setting. Still though, I think the tourmaline to halo ratio is more appealing than that of the sapphire to halo ratio. Additionally (and I could be wrong), the LOGR setting might offer a reasonable level of protection for the tourmaline, due to the bezel. Sapphires are so versatile, so I do not think you should have much trouble finding a lovely home for it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline, definitely!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire could look lovely in a simple w.g./plat. prong setting, maybe with some melee on the shank or something.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should set the blue sapphire, so that you can send the pink tourmaline to me.
31.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the pink tourmaline. Maybe I''m partial because I have a pink tourmaline in that same setting...but I also think the bezel will keep the pink color from looking washed out. The bezel may also make the sapphire look too dark in some lights, but that''s JMO!

leggs

Shiny_Rock
both stones are amazing and ring is pretty either way...sapphire would be my choice but then again...
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
sapphire!

For me, the sapphire pops more in the setting, and the setting looks whiter/cleaner with the sapphire - a win-win. I think the tourmaline is too soft a color (thought still beautiful of course!) for it to really stand out with the halo. How about a rose gold or yellow gold split shank?
1.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Pink!
but I''m biased
I got a pink sapphire in my logr
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results