shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Sapphire halo ring! (heirloom earring conversion)

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies and gents,
I just wanted to share this ring that I had made from one of my DHs grandmother's earrings. Im so happy with how it turned out! I dont know too much about the stones unfortunately, but the diamonds are very bright and crispy and the I love the shade of navy as well as the proportions. I have always wanted a ring like this and was so excited and grateful when my MIL gave this to me. My husbands grandmother was a very glamorous, elegant woman with an amazing jewelry collection. Im proud to have this piece! I dont think I'll just save it for cocktail occasions, I want to wear it all the time! I think its jusssssst on the line of not too big for my office and navy is my color :) yay! Considering I also picked up my WF ACA studs from FedEx yesterday, this has been a great week of sparkle treats in the midst of this dreary February <3

Most importantly, pics:
IMG_7440.jpg side1.JPG closeup1.JPG hand1.JPG

Fun with flash:
IMG_7462.jpg

Before it was set !
sapphire1.jpeg

AND it matches this set I have (also a gift from my lovely MIL)
fullsizerender__4__7.jpg

csloan215

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!! I love the color! Rock that in the office for sure :mrgreen2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely to have a piece from your husband's grandmother! I think you should wear it all the time too.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely conversion and family heirloom! Can we see the gallery please? :love: And yes wear it all the time!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is exquisite! What a good week for you!

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I love the color! Rock that in the office for sure :mrgreen2:

Its definitely bringing me some joy as I type this afternoon!
How lovely to have a piece from your husband's grandmother! I think you should wear it all the time too.

What a lovely conversion and family heirloom! Can we see the gallery please? :love: And yes wear it all the time!

Agreed :) Heres the side view, I like that its not too too high set:
IMG_7463.jpg

That is exquisite! What a good week for you!

Thank you! and yes indeed!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! I would wear that all the time too! I love the back story & out of curiosity, what happened to the other one?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It turned out beautiful! This HAS been a blingy week for you...how exciting!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Princess Di!!!!! Gorgeous ring, and I love your other pieces too. What a great week!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That repurposed beautifully! Lovely gift for you!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring on you. It's a very dramatic and striking ring. And yes, elegant. You should wear it every day if you want to because it looks beautiful on you and I love that it is from a loved one.:love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooooh! Beautiful, thanks for sharing! What a gorgeous color that sapphire is. I adore the deep blue sapphire colors and I love how they match everything. The ring is just stunning

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very Princess Di, indeed! They did a great job on that lovely ring, and how nice to have that family connection.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this -- it looks great on you... it's amazing how it can be so large, yet understated at the same time. Just gorgeous!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Huge and looks great on you. I’d wear it all the time too!!!

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love this -- it looks great on you... it's amazing how it can be so large, yet understated at the same time. Just gorgeous!

THanks :) Its really just on the cusp of daily-wearable. Its the exact width of that ring finger, but no more!

What a great idea! Your ring is beautiful & im sure your MILs will be too.

yes, I am so curious to see hers with the yellow band! shes a tiny lady so Im sure itll look REALLY huge on her!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring! A great everday signature ring. Enjoy wearing your beauty.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful - it’s a much better, more elegant version of the Di/Kate ring :appl:

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful - it’s a much better, more elegant version of the Di/Kate ring :appl:

Youre so sweet! My mom said the same thing, and added that I am prettier than Kate too! LOL! I got a hearty laugh out of that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got our tin type portrait taken this weekend for our anniversary (so cool, with equipment from 1800s) and I loooove how the ring looks in it.

IMG_7488.jpg

Oh my gosh, I love this. So cool! And yes your ring looks great in this photo too.:appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got our tin type portrait taken this weekend for our anniversary (so cool, with equipment from 1800s) and I loooove how the ring looks in it.

IMG_7488.jpg
This is so freaking cool!! I love the way your hand looks so relaxed with that huge sapphire... as if to say, "...whatever... I'm just gonna wear this rock and chill." ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results