shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 12:42:05 PM
Author: Da Moose
Bertrand,

Thanks for you comments. All very true I think. I certainly hope the ring ends up having the same effects you're describing.

b241 is a really nice stone. Still a part of me that's considering it but leaning toward the cushion. I think I like the fact that it is even more (than just sapphire) non-traditional for the engagement ring. But it's probably my second favorite stone out of these.

When you suggest an appraisal from an independant, do you mean for the stone itself or for the ring as a whole? And how would one go about finding one? Thanks.

Well you have two choices - you can have the stone appraised loose, or you can wait and have the whole ring appraised, or you can have both done. Having it done loose allows more detailed measurements and analysis.

Personally, with the high quality/higher cost sapphires you are considering I would have it appraised before it is set, and before you have agreed to purchase it. Many places you buy gems from will have some sort of 10-20 day evaluation/return period. Use this time to have a professional check out the stone and give you a report on quality and estimated price. I also enjoyed the evaluation period because I got to spend a few days with my loose diamonds and sapphire - walking around under different lights at home, office, comparing, etc...

Best place to look for your appraisers is right here in this link on PS. I have always highly recommended Richard Sherwood down in Florida, but I understand many people prefer a local source. Your in the NYC area? One of the appraisers I have heard good things about is Barry Block - who is on the PS appraiser list and about an hour outside of the city.

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Da Moose,

I''m sure whatever you decide on the ring it''s going to be beautiful! I agree too with Bertrand regarding the sapphire and diamonds compliment each other in just the right way. Rings that have different colored gems AND diamonds are more appealing to me.....that''s just my taste anyways. Can''t wait to see the finished product. Keep us updated!!!!
21.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Da Moose...

I''m sure whatever you decide will be fabulous. I''m partial to that neat squarish cushion shape of #168...but that''s me.

I''m not quite as nutsy about getting an outside appraiser (unless I want it for insurance purposes...and then I''d want it done mounted)....when the stone comes from such a reputable dealer and has an AGTA cert. Again... that''s just me...

What was it like going to NSC? Did you deal with Michael?

1.gif
widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2005 8:12:13 PM
Author: Da Moose

The girlfriend likes natural For the right one I would consider it though.

Makes sense... of course.

Why, you got the perfect one for me?

No... not really LINK and something else...

Da Moose

Rough_Rock
Went ahead and did it. Got b168 with a mounting made like the one shown in the original post.

Though I feel like someones stalking me. Over the past couple of days 3 of the stones I''ve posted have gone out on request.

Hopefully will come out well. Now just have to figure out how to do things. Ideas always welcome.

I like working with Michael a lot so far. The best way to describe him would be competent. He doesn''t hold hands to an insane degree but certainly knows his stuff and seems like he can deliver on it. He''ll leave you alone to look at stuff without bugging you. Could be a bit disconcerting if you''re not expecting it. Visiting their offices is interesting because it''s not at all like a jewelry showroom.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats!

36.gif

Remember to post pictures when all is done - hand shot too.

Alright - which one of you guys is looking b241? If I had a spare 5K it would have been me...

politely

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

It''s a terribly nerve racking process - but it feels great when it''s done... that goes for both "shopping" for the gem & the girl :)

Agreed on the assessment of Michael, and his "showroom" :)

-P

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results